View Single Post
Old 16-06-2012, 22:25   #82
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: Worse than The Depression - says Maundy founder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Saying this charity is just for junkies to leech off, to me that opinion is abhorrent, It is also, simple BS

Heroin addicts are sick. IF they are trying to kick the habit and get their life together they need charities like this. They need help. As much as I dislike the creatures they become when that drug takes them over.

A friend of mine that found himself out without a hope in the world of where to go went there a few years ago. She gave him some sort of letter and he got money for bond, got a house and they gave him furniture. He is not a smackhead.
Your case is just ONE example, what about the all the others, who have made little IF any effort to get off the habit, and will keep on, as long as they get the hand outs from Maundy. How many success stories can Maundy claim.
As for the shops in Abbey St, how much furniture, and other goods do they get through in say a month, and I don't mean food parcels, the same stuff has been in the window displays for months now. Not seen much change since I saw Tony Hindley fitting some of them out, and that is some while ago
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote