View Single Post
Old 16-06-2012, 23:21   #89
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Worse than The Depression - says Maundy founder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Saying this charity is just for junkies to leech off, to me that opinion is abhorrent, It is also, simple BS

Heroin addicts are sick. IF they are trying to kick the habit and get their life together they need charities like this. They need help. As much as I dislike the creatures they become when that drug takes them over.

A friend of mine that found himself out without a hope in the world of where to go went there a few years ago. She gave him some sort of letter and he got money for bond, got a house and they gave him furniture. He is not a smackhead.
You should pop in the Agnes and Doris Day Chapel of Peace and Solace, and calm your nerves.

As far as I can see no one at all has said this place is 'just for junkies to leech off'.

However, it cannot be denied, the most visible visitors to Abbey Street are now the many addicts, to drink and/or drugs, and they are the ones who cause the most trouble in this part of town.

Addiction is a terrible thing. It ruins lives, and breaks families apart.

Having lived with one, and worked with many others, the soft, kindly approach rarely helps people recover. It just makes it easier for them to take advantage of other people, and continue with their habit.

It's tough love these people need.

Not a food parcel, and twenty quid for the friggin' leccy.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote