View Single Post
Old 24-06-2012, 17:35   #168
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Arndale another one bites the dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Another problem is that now with the advent of the Accrington Observer campaign to get business to Support Maundy Grange, these traders are actually supporting the people who make Accrington a less than pleasant place to shop.
I suppose they feel that if they support something like this local charity, it will endear them to the shoppers. They don't see that some of these undesirables are impacting on trade.

But this is only one of the facets of the problem.......transport links, and the high cost of transport(public) the pedestrianisation of the roads that brought people into the town, the mess that was made of the market, the very poor shopping experience that the Arndale provides.....loss of individual shops all have had an impact......the internet and online shopping seems to be the final nail in the coffin.
That is exactly what I thought when I read the Obs yesterday, can the people supporting St Dorothy that the more they give the more down and outs will flow into Accrington and more and more of their customers will be off shopping somewhere else, nonsensical