Thread: Napoleon Street
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2012, 21:47   #32
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: Napoleon Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

Is that ancestry.com? I'm a member and if there's anything I can do to help just let me know. I'm not very familiar with my way round it yet so you may need to give me a few clues.
Willow, that is a very kind offer. I have seen several of your old posts on here and wondered if you were still about. I was looking earlier today to see if I could identify a certain shop in Clayton and found the right name in a free directory search on Ancestry, together with an address in Whalley Road. When I looked it up on Streetview it turned out to be the right shop and tied in with an old photo.

However to find the date of the directory I would have had to pay, but thinking about it I don't think it would add anything much to what we have already found out. So I don't think I will need to make use of your services at the moment, but I hope you won't mind if I decide later that I woud ike to find out that information.

By the way did you know that I live in Morecambe? I believe you are very fond of the place.

Thanks again for taking an interest.