Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 21:45   #31

Re: ItS ALL OVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
I've really enjoyed F.O.D and ExLandlord HUFC's contributions to this site.

So this link is for them, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nf/4789474.stm, see you next season?
LOL
Nice one!
Will you be cheering for us in the play-offs?
F.O.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-03-2006, 21:47   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
I've really enjoyed F.O.D and ExLandlord HUFC's contributions to this site.

So this link is for them, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...nf/4789474.stm, see you next season?
LOL
Nice one!

Will you be cheering for us in the play-offs?:engsmil:
Old 11-03-2006, 08:59   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.D.
Will you be cheering for us in the play-offs?:engsmil:
Yes, alright. It's six points no matter who comes up with us, though.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 13:08   #34
Senior Member+

no I won't be cheering for you!!!

I'll be cheering for my christmas and new year plans with my friends in

HALIFAX
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 17:18   #35

They think it's all over!
It is now!
Well done Accy good luck in the league, you played well today.
Allthough it was a shame your manager thought it was a good idea at the end of the game to taunt our fans, needs to grow up i think.
Well done , hopefully we can get some of our players back ready for the play-offs!
Old 11-03-2006, 17:29   #36
Junior Member+

Nice to see Brown is still a cheeting cnt, some things will never change. The only Hereford player I haver ever booed I think. Someone chop mullins' legs of as well, for gods sake! Every corner, at both ends, our tallest and best centre back couldnt even get close!
DrBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:13   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBull
Nice to see Brown is still a cheeting cnt, some things will never change. The only Hereford player I haver ever booed I think. Someone chop mullins' legs of as well, for gods sake! Every corner, at both ends, our tallest and best centre back couldnt even get close!
Sour grapes me thinks! The one thing you can never call Browny is a cheat, as for Mully getting booked for dissent - doesn't happen, just shows what a crap ref he was. Don't expect you agree with the comment about the ref, after all he gave you an extra 6 minutes to equalise, must have thought he was at Old Trafford
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:58   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
Sour grapes me thinks! The one thing you can never call Browny is a cheat, as for Mully getting booked for dissent - doesn't happen, just shows what a crap ref he was. Don't expect you agree with the comment about the ref, after all he gave you an extra 6 minutes to equalise, must have thought he was at Old Trafford
Err?
Should have been more like 12 mins.
Your keeper fell over his shoelace when we scored our disallowed goal,the ref gave you a free kick, he was down for about 3 mins.
Your manager asked for the ball to be changed 3 times this held the game up another 5 mins, you made a bogus subsitution that never happend another 2 mins.
Then the big one , your keeper brought down our player clear pen, and your keeper knew it, so what did he do?
Fained injury for at least 6 or 7 mins.
If you went then you know what i'm talking about, if not then wait till it comes on Conf TV and you will see.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:06   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
Browner a Cheat.

I'm sorry, but we know a bit more about him than you do and he is one of the very few players to get abuse from his own fans for his diving antics. It was not so evident yesterday but belive me, he has a real reputation for it.

That said, I did enjoy the game yesterday and thought the result was about right. I have now seen you play five times this season and while no-one can take away your achievement of most likely winning the league I still think you are only the most consistant of a poor bunch of conference teams this season.

Maybe the fact that you were outplayed by a team missing SIX first team players and fielding three nineteen years olds might help to put it into perspective for you.

Hopefully we can join you in League 2 - I know which squad I would prefer to have!

Ex

PS - think someone should speak to Mr Coleman about his post match behaviour, we haven't seen anything like that for a long time.

PPS The stoppage time in the second half barely replaced the time lost while the injuries were attended to.

Last edited by ExLandlord HUFC; 12-03-2006 at 10:12.
ExLandlord HUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:56   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExLandlord HUFC
Browner a Cheat.

I'm sorry, but we know a bit more about him than you do and he is one of the very few players to get abuse from his own fans for his diving antics. It was not so evident yesterday but belive me, he has a real reputation for it.

That said, I did enjoy the game yesterday and thought the result was about right. I have now seen you play five times this season and while no-one can take away your achievement of most likely winning the league I still think you are only the most consistant of a poor bunch of conference teams this season.

Maybe the fact that you were outplayed by a team missing SIX first team players and fielding three nineteen years olds might help to put it into perspective for you.

Hopefully we can join you in League 2 - I know which squad I would prefer to have!

Ex

PS - think someone should speak to Mr Coleman about his post match behaviour, we haven't seen anything like that for a long time.

PPS The stoppage time in the second half barely replaced the time lost while the injuries were attended to.
Ha ha ha, baby throw toy!!

Which 5 games have you watched mate?? You're not Peter Sutcliffe are you?? If you think you or anyone else even gets close to us you've got no eyes!!

The likes of Craney, Roberts, Welch, Cavanagh, Mullin are streets ahead of most of the players ive seen this year.

I agree that many teams look poor, thats because they are compared to us. Consistency isnt the key, CLASS is the key and we have way more class than you and the rest.

You're very bitter people aren't you, I dont think you're ready for the league yet. To be honest I think Halifax will account for you fairly easily anyway.

All the best with your cows and bells in the conference!!
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:18   #41

Well, we'll see next season how good you really are won't we!

Twice against us, twice on TV and the cup replay at "little" Worcester!

I stand by my comments and am certainly not bitter.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:42   #42

Quote:
Now you know that was not true except for the first 10 Mins and when we went down to ten men. If we had not gone down to ten men you wouldn't have scored all week you nearly messed the penalty up.
flying red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:03   #43

Trying to tell us that we were outplayed by youngsters is a little silly too, look at our squad, you'd be considered 'over the hill' if you were over 26

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 15:31   #44
Senior Member+

"fielding three nineteen years olds might help to put it into perspective for you"

we also had three 19 year olds playing for us:
Danny Ventre
Rob Elliot
Andy Mangan.

kinda squashs your point doesnt it?
Old 12-03-2006, 15:53   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying red
Now you know that was not true except for the first 10 Mins and when we went down to ten men. If we had not gone down to ten men you wouldn't have scored all week you nearly messed the penalty up.
Excuse me...... I do know our own squad.

Jeannin - Susp
Taylor - Susp
Travis - Inj (Purdie, a midfielder played full back)
Ipoua - inj
Stansfield - inj (last seasons top scorer)
Pitman - on the bench because not match fit
James (Capt) - On the bench because not match fit.

Williams - Nineteen years old only made 12 starts
Fleetwood - Nineteen years old
King - Eighteen years old and only his second ever appearance.

Now do you understand.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..