Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2006, 18:13   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Request for John Coleman's Resignation

FFS!

We had just been relegated when Coley took over, 3 promotions later the man should NEVER EVER be allowed to leave

PAdlock him to Eric's wrist I say. LAst year Charlton fans, a minority mind, thought Curbishley had took them as far as he could & should resign. He did & there is a good chance they'll play Burnley next season, in the Championship

In Coleman, we trust!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2006, 19:55   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
FFS!

We had just been relegated when Coley took over, 3 promotions later the man should NEVER EVER be allowed to leave

PAdlock him to Eric's wrist I say. LAst year Charlton fans, a minority mind, thought Curbishley had took them as far as he could & should resign. He did & there is a good chance they'll play Burnley next season, in the Championship

In Coleman, we trust!
Totally Agree i dont think eric could afford a padlock at this time

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 20:06   #18
God Member

yea hes stuck in poundland with 99p
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006, 19:15   #19
Junior Member+

i agree it is beyond john and jimmys control,so lets get behind the dynamic duo . come on stanley.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:43   #20
Junior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Request for John Coleman's Resignation

forget getting rid - what we need is a stronger coaching staff. when we had paul and andy our defence was a lot stronger. since theres no window for taking on staff how about a couple of player/coaches - ok they cant play till jan but their influence,training and postive action could get the team going. it worked last season.

watch out Stanley are on their way & this time we aim too stay!
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:02   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
forget getting rid - what we need is a stronger coaching staff. when we had paul and andy our defence was a lot stronger. since theres no window for taking on staff how about a couple of player/coaches - ok they cant play till jan but their influence,training and postive action could get the team going. it worked last season.
I think that's a key point - Coley's motivational & bonding skills are without question, but I wonder whether they might be missing some technical input with Paul & Andy going? You need both sides of this for teams to keep monving forward
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:37   #22

That was exactly my point about Ged on the Players out of Contract thread. Ok so maybe he didn't show any of his former ability when he played for us but his credentials are beyond question. We know he would come to the club and I think with his experience he would make a great addition to the coaching staff to pass on his knowledge of the game onto our young team.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:39   #23
Junior Member+

i agree john and jimmy are ideal for their passion but we have always done better with coaches who are more defensive minded. it also means we have a balanced staff which as resulted in 2 key players being involved with bigger teams. we will never be premiership or championship material, and attendances will never be massive with so many well supported teams near by, but if we have a strong backroom staff set up we can build a strong team which could handle the loss of a few influential plays. we cant pay silly money for players but nurture them and you have a league team for years to come.

so forget about big name (and big price) players or roofs and bars, lets get back to basics and show that accrington can produce something more than nori bricks !!!! lets have a "NORI TEAM"

watch out Stanley are on their way & this time we aim too stay!
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 00:22   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I find it absolutely incredible that anyone should be seriously calling for Coley or Jimmy to be dismiissed - the same sort of bloody stupid knee-jerk reaction which actually occurs in the over-hyped Premiership whenever a team has a bad run. Coley always has, and always will have, to constantly re-invent the team given the operating conditions he has to work with. I think his (usually!) philosophical reaction to reverses is superb and his positive attitude to giving new players a stage to demonstrate their abilities is inspiring and shows a very mature and realistic approach.
Long may he reign!
It's not the playing side of the business which is lacking.
A perfect summation, Redraine.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:06   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
A perfect summation, Redraine.
i totally agree it takes time to replace players even for alex ferguson
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:47   #26
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It's not the playing side of the business which is lacking.
And I totally agree with this statement.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:04   #27
Senior Member+

If I recall rightly the announcer at Chester welcomed Stanley back as one of the greatest names in football.

He was right.

I get more Google Alerts on Stanley than I get on any other footy team subject.

Surely that gives the club a lot to build on.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 15:26   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
If I recall rightly the announcer at Chester welcomed Stanley back as one of the greatest names in football.

He was right.

I get more Google Alerts on Stanley than I get on any other footy team subject.

Surely that gives the club a lot to build on.

Yes, but can we turn those Google alerts into £'s, fans or points on the board?.................

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 15:37   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Yes, but can we turn those Google alerts into £'s, fans or points on the board?.................
That's both a challenge and an opportunity for the Club.

It tells us that there is a lot of interest in Stanley.

Even if it cannot in most cases be turned into people on seats there may be possibilities for branding and merchandising.

MUFC excel at this but what percentage of their worldwide fan base visit Old Trafford every year?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 20:50   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
That's both a challenge and an opportunity for the Club.

It tells us that there is a lot of interest in Stanley.

Even if it cannot in most cases be turned into people on seats there may be possibilities for branding and merchandising.

MUFC excel at this but what percentage of their worldwide fan base visit Old Trafford every year?
I've been saying this ever since I wrote an article about it called "Selling Stanley by the Pound" in the old "Barber's Pole" fanzine about 12-13 years ago.

Most clubs can only sell their merchandise to their fans. But, like MUFC, Stanley is almost an institution in English football - so much so, that even people outside their immediate fanbase will buy their merchandise, just to have a little piece of "one of football's most famous names".

The club was presented with a huge opportunity a few months ago when we enjoyed the sort of press and TV coverage that other small clubs can only dream about. "Accrington Puts The Smile Back On The Face of English Football" was one of the national daily headlines that summed up the general "feelgood" factor that the club's promotion engendered.

Accordingly, the club should have been ready to cash in on this with a wide and attractive range of "championship/return to the league/44 years and we're back" merchandise. Instead, we were offered two t-shirts which were stocked in such small quantities that they soon sold out, never to be restocked again. Meanwhile, the ebay unofficial sellers had a field day.

The club could have made a lot of money out of this, but that opportunity was a once-in-a-lifetime one and has gone now. However, Stanley should learn from their past mistakes by upgrading their merchandising operation with a greatly expanded range and high-profile advertising and marketing policies. With the attendances the way we are, we urgently need new sources of income and here's one that is staring the club in the face. Come on, Eric, Rob, do something now!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..