Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2006, 17:03   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley v Mansfield

Wait a minute.

We are not just contracting with some impersonal supplier for 90 minutes entertainment.

This is Stanley we are talking about. Every £1 we spend with the club is used to progress things.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2006, 17:05   #47

alot of people who live in accrington are not the richest of people.
I for one will go to the replay but... might think twice about going to a match if its raining.
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 17:09   #48
God Member

Have a guess how many stanley games have been postponed or called off due to rain in the last 10 yrs.. and some of you are thinking twice about coming..
Old 30-12-2006, 17:09   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Lets face it, the pitch was NO worse at half time than it was at kick off, if the ref says it was dangerous to continue the game should NEVER have been started in the first place
Agree with you there.... certainly no worse at half time, although I was a bit wetter, despite my Christmas present of a new Stanley cagoule like thingy!!

IMHO, it's same for both sides, nothing actually dangerous, but, I look forward to replay, when we may have a full squad to choose from.........

And Rob in goal???

& BTW, I don't care if I have to pay again!! I look upon it as a 'bonus' game!!

Happy New Year to all!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 17:21   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Have a guess how many stanley games have been postponed or called off due to rain in the last 10 yrs.. and some of you are thinking twice about coming..
As a relative 'newcomer' ( I am now in my fifth season) I do not recall any game being abandond (can't think how to spell this correctly!).... in fact, I can only recall one game when we got absolutely p***ed wet through... I think it was the pre-season Burnley friendly, if I remember rightly, a couple of years ago.

C'mon, you lot, I'd rather have a team than a roof.... buy yourselves a Stanley cagoule like thingy....
it might not be 100% weatherproof, but it certainly helped today!!

Last edited by KiTChener; 30-12-2006 at 17:23.
Old 30-12-2006, 17:24   #51
God Member

Abandoned
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 17:26   #52

when was the last time you went to PNE kipax....
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 17:32   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Wait a minute.

We are not just contracting with some impersonal supplier for 90 minutes entertainment.

This is Stanley we are talking about. Every £1 we spend with the club is used to progress things.
they would have budgted for todays match so the replay will be bonus money we are trying to attract support not everybody in accy thinks the same way as you but if we can attract a few more and get the m thinking like you we will get more money in the long run its called forward thinking even in business you cant take your money and run, you have to build up your sale base..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 17:34   #54
God Member

plus the extra people we will attract will make oup for the loss on the night
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 17:34   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyfan View Post
when was the last time you went to PNE kipax....

End of last season I think... at home to Leeds in the playoffs... Took my daughter.... How is that relevant to accy v mansfield...
Old 30-12-2006, 17:35   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
they would have budgted for todays match so the replay will be bonus money we are trying to attract support not everybody in accy thinks the same way as you but if we can attract a few more and get the m thinking like you we will get more money in the long run its called forward thinking even in business you cant take your money and run, you have to build up your sale base..
See fishy site... reduced prices promised
Old 30-12-2006, 17:37   #57
God Member

looks like its gonna be cheaper for the replay anyway so all that moaning for nothing eh people
Old 30-12-2006, 17:39   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
reduced prices promised
Well done Stanley , sods law now i'll be on nights

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 17:41   #59
Member.

I respect the argument put forward but personally I wasn’t that ****ed off after an 80 mile round trip, I enjoyed the first half and despite the last minute **** up, and it was a **** up, we would have taken three points today.

As for the early finish I knew it was going to rain heavily and I knew there was a chance of it being called off or abandoned. I came and paid to watch my club play football and that what I got, as well as getting ****ed wet through. I don’t mind if I have to pay again.

I thought the lads played well with plenty of grunt and exciting play, the water sport element added to the flavour. The referee made a bad call in my opinion, as people have said the pitch was no worse after the first so play could have continued.

Mel, you’re a lazy sod.

Just seen the bit on the reduction for the replay. Well done the club.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 17:42   #60
God Member

Hang on, Hang on,
I take everything back I've said, I WILL PAY on the night cause I just checked the gold bond weekly draw and I've won £100

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..