Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 14:03   #31
God Member

Re: Friendly prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Use my prices, you'll be reet
I have done, hope yer right

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2007, 10:19   #32
I am Banned

I think its disgraceful as a stanley fan & to the club itself on how lacking information is on the fishy site, lucky on this occaison i can thank Burnley for informing fans of ticket prices - cos it damn well wasn't on our site as it was on Burnleys for a few weeks & not for the 1st time either information has to be from otheer sources with our club stuff!!

All well & good tarting the site up but the crux & neccessity of a website is to be able to find out up to date information

Maybe we should look closer to home before digging at other supporters for providing the info or help in regard to our own club!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:35   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
All well & good tarting the site up but
Hey hey hey!! Steady on there girl....tarting up?

KIPAX - Programmer
AccyRed - Static content. Database ect - some gfx
Club - News and information.

If ya gonna finger point then at least point it in the right direction. Oh and there isnt a single person on here who has complained to the club more than me about lack of news, late news, having to read news on other websites or in the paper first.. I complain direct to the club and regularly.. But to no avail.. It's been like this since the website started and I ahve been complaining all the time.. I hate seeing news everywhere before us.

Tarted up my 4rse
Old 09-07-2007, 10:52   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Hey hey hey!! Steady on there girl....tarting up?

Tarted up my 4rse
Touchy

I never finger pointed a person - i was having a go at the website for lack of up to date information that we have to find out from other club websites or the news! All i have seen that is different is the layout/design but the same old lack of correct club info dragging it down again.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:58   #35
God Member

It was the connection you made between the two.. you linked the tarting up with the news... The website is my baby.. dont attack my baby

Beleive me I aint joking when I say I complain.. rob heys gets his ears bent back regularly... I really do hate seeing news on other websites first...and newspapers first is insulting because they must have had it at least a day to get it printed... All news for accy stanley should be on the stanley website first IMHO... sometimes we put news on a week after we already know..

I do know with transfers etc other websites put the news on as soon as a verbal agreement made or anything like that... we cant put it on until the papers signed and player regged... so we can look like being slower in that area.... But no excuse for everything else.. no excuse at all and I am with you all the way there.... But let's try not to link the work me and julie do with the lack of news and info eh?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:27   #36
God Member

Well accymel ya might be the biggest moaner on here.. but ya get the job done... prices now on fishy site
Old 09-07-2007, 11:55   #37
I am Banned

Where do I start!!!

Our website is superb ,Kipax and Julie 11 out of 10.

Yes, the club side of things could be better, I often have pointed out errors and a lack of updates.

However what do we want/expect???

All the staff of ASFC work incredibaly hard and long hours, and it's a fact that every other football league club have more admin staff.

However the most important fact is that ASFC is in the BLACK. The club is well run and financially sound.

Shall we follow the example of Bury and employee a full time Google Page Ranking man/ webmaster??? or shall we sign a goalkeeping coach???

Or should we sign a hungry goalscorer, or a solid centre half??? The list is endless.

The club is moving forwards on and off the pitch, but every improvement has to be paid for. So when Rob or Lew ask for help or remind people to have a pint in the Crown or join the weekly draw, there are sound reasons!!

Pleae don't knock the dedicated staff at the FES, they are ALL fans as well
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 17:08   #38
Senior Member+

The match is a week away. The prices are now on the official site. Bit of a storm in a teacup yet again.
Old 09-07-2007, 19:01   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The match is a week away. The prices are now on the official site. Bit of a storm in a teacup yet again.
1. Would they have been on the fishy site if we hadn't of said anything?
2. Clitheroe prices have gone on as well, thats only a couple of days away
3. Should the posters not have been ready before now?

www.ubuntu.com

Old 09-07-2007, 19:15   #40
I am Banned

Here here KSH my point exactly it wouldnt of gone on site till day before if it wasnt brought up aka gripe about the fishy site

Also especially as the junior membership scheme wouldnt apply to a friendly match - there could of been many people turning up with U12's expecting to come in with youngsters for free not maybe realising, how is anyone supposed to know whats what as far as admission for our fans support it is an important aspect of football business
Old 09-07-2007, 20:20   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
1. Would they have been on the fishy site if we hadn't of said anything?
2. Clitheroe prices have gone on as well, thats only a couple of days away
3. Should the posters not have been ready before now?
1. Who knows? Impossible to tell.
2. Did you check prices on the Clitheroe site? Surely it's down to the home side to publicise prices? Had Stanley even been made aware of the prices at Clitheroe?
3. Would have been a good idea, yes.

I have moaned and groaned countless times about the way that the club under-utilises the internet. However, the non-publication of the entrance fee for a pre-season friendly, a week before the game, seems like an over-reaction to me. Some people seem to be looking for an excuse to have a go.
Old 09-07-2007, 20:30   #42
God Member

Quote:
1. Who knows? Impossible to tell.
2. Did you check prices on the Clitheroe site? Surely it's down to the home side to publicise prices? Had Stanley even been made aware of the prices at Clitheroe?
3. Would have been a good idea, yes.

I have moaned and groaned countless times about the way that the club under-utilises the internet. However, the non-publication of the entrance fee for a pre-season friendly, a week before the game, seems like an over-reaction to me. Some people seem to be looking for an excuse to have a go.
1. I think we know the answer but this thread isn't about complaining, I wanted the prices so I could finish the poster
2. NO - Down to home side, well I got the prices from the Burnley site, get out of that one
3. I agree

This thread was to find out the prices so I could put them on the poster not having a go at the club

www.ubuntu.com

Old 09-07-2007, 20:35   #43
Senior Member+

But the point is, we don't know and we never will do. It's very presumptious to assume that one whinge on here made someone at the club run round like a man possessed and put the prices on the site.

The prices for the Burnley game have been on the Burnley site for at least 2 weeks. Obviously someone knew something.

Anyway, the prices are now known and we're all happy.
Old 09-07-2007, 21:01   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Anyway, the prices are now known and we're all happy.
£10 for Burnley!! Can't say I'm that happy, it was 4s.0d last time I saw them, and it was a better team.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 21:22   #45

Smile Re: Friendly prices

This is just a point I'd like to make and Im not having a cheap pop at the club over announcing freindly prices like some are quick to do as TM pointed out, Im just making an observation. A lot of other clubs 'fishy' websites are quoted in the papers, not the other way round like ours. Its an official website isnt it and so should be used as such for exclusives and news etc - sod the papers always getting the first piece of the news 'cake' - they just print lies anyway.

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 09-07-2007 at 21:25.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..