Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2007, 21:28   #46

Re: Friendly prices

nice one oggy that brings memoreys back the old brass
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2007, 21:45   #47

Smile Re: Friendly prices

and a decent Burnley side

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:57   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo T Hornblower View Post
and a decent Burnley side

Jimbo T blower
I think you'd have to go back to the days before shillings & pennies to find one of those
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:27   #49
I am Banned

Why is people making Burnley FC & their supporters a big deal can understand a posh bashing or a 'welsh we'll win the league 2 - not' bashing but verges on rediculous when sniping over something not really important until its a major cup run or in same league then be different its coming off quite green eyed monsterish thread otherwise
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:04   #50

Smile Re: Friendly prices

U a closet Claret or sumat?

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 19:01   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Our website is superb ,Kipax and Julie 11 out of 10.

Yes, the club side of things could be better, I often have pointed out errors and a lack of updates.

However what do we want/expect???
the website is superb in how it looks and works, but Kipax, as well as yourself has continually harped on about the lack in information. A 30 second phone call, text or email and Tony would put it on. Or Rob or Lee could put it on. I believe Lee knows a thing or two about computers and probably has more time on his hands than the rest of the staff (not a dig Lee but nature of the beast of shop work!).

The problem with finding things out elsewhere is that the fan feels like he has discovered a secret, I personally feel as though a certain somebody doesn't give a fig about the fans and sees us as a nuisance! I know thats not strictly true but it is how things can come across. If something isn't revealed then there is something to hide.

Rob has stated in the past that he won't come on here to continually defend the club or admit things, and that is fair enough. But if things came out straight away then nobody would ever call for a club statement.

We all realise the importance of balancing the books and ensuring the future survival of the club, but I think most of us would like to see us live a little dangerously and employ a couple more staff with specific directive to xyz. The community liason officer will be a good start as they act almost as a Google Page Ranking man without the schmooze, and they are free to the club! Any news yet on this post? I would have thought they would want most of the summer to get on with learning the job before the real deal starts.
Old 10-07-2007, 21:00   #52
God Member

The club are striving in the right direction on and off the field a lot has changed just in the close season alone, New players, new staff, taking over of the Crown, roof going on, more coperate emphasis at lot of things that people have been probably asking for a while. So the club can't be accused of standing still there are things that we can all do on a day to day basis to help the club and most of you do it by coming on here and discussing your opinions whether positive or negative bringing issues to the fore, buying season tickets,merchandise, Gold Bond etc etc maybe the way to keep the club moving forward is to set up a working coalition between representitves of the club,supporters club,council and local business's to set up long terms aims for moving Accrington as a football club and town forward together as one to capatilise on the great potential and untapped support within the Borough and surrounding areas we have a great name, a great history and a great future if we all work as one!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 21:13   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
maybe the way to keep the club moving forward is to set up a working coalition between representitves of the club,supporters club,council and local business's to set up long terms aims for moving Accrington as a football club and town forward

this would be a good idea.

OSC, Ultras, Diversity Forum, Council/club strategic development coalition or whatever its called, ASFC and of course the residents with directive to find and implement four new drives every year could be a roaring success for everyone.

good post Pendle
Old 11-07-2007, 21:59   #54
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

has any one else noticed the prices of the two home friendlys are different why is it £10 for the Burnley game and only £5 for the Man city game???????????????????????????????????????:confus ed:
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:13   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
has any one else noticed the prices of the two home friendlys are different why is it £10 for the Burnley game and only £5 for the Man city game???????????????????????????????????????:confus ed:
The Man City game does not appear on City website and also Stanley appear to have another fixture the same day so one can only assume this will be a game for the second string's but maybe worth a look to see if the roof is in place by then?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..