Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2007, 08:48   #1

Clayton End Roof

Hello,does anyone know if the roof panels are on yet for todays game,taking my 2 kids so just need to know if its water proofs or light jackets for today.
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2007, 08:51   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Clayton End Roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Hello,does anyone know if the roof panels are on yet for todays game,taking my 2 kids so just need to know if its water proofs or light jackets for today.
There are numerous posts already on this subject, but the answer is no, there is no roof yet. Apparently there will be no work on the roof until there is a 'window in the fixtures'..... whenever that is.
Old 18-08-2007, 08:53   #3

ok thanx for that,sorry not seen the other forums on this subject.
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 09:49   #4

Window in the fixtures?! You are joking. the next window in the fixtures starts next May. If they don't get this job finished asap it will drag on forever. We were told that the roof would hopefully be done for the Leicester match, then it was 'hopefully for the Darlington match' I'm afraid the club needs to get its act together on this one. If they need helpers to put the cladding on I'm willing to volunteer!
Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 10:02   #5
God Member

well the club has had to wait for the contracters to come back off their holidays.
Old 18-08-2007, 10:11   #6

Well what is it that then break in fixtures or holidays
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 10:22   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
well the club has had to wait for the contracters to come back off their holidays.
It's to do with health and safety. They would have to shut the Sophia Khan terrace if they were cladding the roof, so they have to wait until we have a gap in the fixtures to start the work, otherwise the whole end would be closed, as at the recent Manchester City game.
If you notice, there are no pallets of cladding delivered yet, as i assume that the storage of building materials would be a health risk too.

I have no idea when it's going to get done, but maybe when we're knocked out of the FA Cup by some non-league minnow, it'll open up a window in the fixture list.
Old 18-08-2007, 10:37   #8
God Member

looks like were in line for a good cup run and all at home
Old 18-08-2007, 10:44   #9
God Member

Says in Fishy site "wait for a larger window within the first few weeks of the season"
My guess is there gonna start next week as they have a 2 week gap, failing that its gonne be 22nd Sept

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 10:47   #10
God Member

or over christmas no but at least most of its done. more than last season things are looking up :Banane2 9:
the reds the reds
Old 18-08-2007, 11:58   #11

Let's face it, this is Accrington Stanley. Nothing ever runs smoothly. The roof will come when it comes.

There will have been a cock-up. Someone will have forgotten to order the cladding. Someone will have have assumed someone else was ordering the claddin. Eric will have "done a deal" on the cladding, and it's being shipped from Outer Mongolia by Yak. The cladding has been sourced from Columbia and is currently impounded at Liverpool docks after Customs found a consignment of drugs with a street value of £4.50 in it.

Choose your own excuse / reason. We'll never get to know. But rest assured of at least one more soaking in the "Sophia Khan Open-air Shower" before the roof goes on.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 12:02   #12
God Member

imagine my suprise that the roof won`t be on for todays game........it really is the phoenix nights of football clubs!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 19:48   #13
God Member

In the programme notes today Eric says "I am told the cladding will be on the roof of the terrace for our next match against Peterborough on 1st September"

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 21:04   #14
Senior Member+

Stewards were told that the safety netting goes up tomorrow so that the roof can be finished. Oh! well, we shall see if this another excuse for not finishing or really the truth!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 12:20   #15

I used to work for a construction company that also did the cladding, a team of 4 would have had that roof on in less than a day, so there should be no real need for a window in fixtures as a couple of days should see it all done, so i would guess once it arrives it should be soon sorted.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..