Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2007, 15:44   #16

Re: Clayton End Roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
imagine my suprise that the roof won`t be on for todays game........it really is the phoenix nights of football clubs!

Eric Whalley is Brian Potter
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2007, 16:01   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
Eric Whalley is Brian Potter
so who`s max and paddy then??? lol
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 21:26   #18
Senior Member+

Having watched Saturday's game from under the cover of the cowshed, it looked to me as if cladding the roof wouldn't have made a scrap of difference with the wind in that direction - you would have needed a glass wall in front of the Clayton End to keep the rain off.
Old 23-08-2007, 10:08   #19
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Clayton End Roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
so who`s max and paddy then??? lol
Schultzy and Kasey!!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 10:43   #20

the roof will be up for the next game not buts about it a few day after the darlington match safety netting was supposed to be put in place and rest completed in time for next game
Old 23-08-2007, 12:50   #21
Resting In Peace

I was at the reserves last night and nothing has been done, the cladding hasn't even arrived yet.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 15:25   #22

apparently the contractor responsible goes by the name of Arthur.....Arthur Roof
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 20:50   #23
God Member

just been down an hour ago its just the same as it was at the darlo gameie kipaxs picture
Old 23-08-2007, 21:16   #24
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Anyone heard a rumour as to why nothing is happening with regards to the cladding? Would you like one or am I showing negativity towards the club?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 21:28   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Anyone heard a rumour as to why nothing is happening with regards to the cladding? Would you like one or am I showing negativity towards the club?
Is it anything to do with having it thatched?
Old 23-08-2007, 21:40   #26
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Is it anything to do with having it thatched?
Who's being silly now?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 24-08-2007, 06:02   #27
Senior Member+

C'mon Pussy..... spill the beans. It is wasn't for rumour, this forum wouldn't exist
Old 24-08-2007, 15:48   #28
Accy Red

Its up to you what you believe but I do have some good sources who have given me good info in the past, gossip makes life interesting.
The rumour I heard is the cladding was bought by "a Stanley supporter" not the club but the buyer only paid for the cladding not the transport. Eric thought he had paid for both and wanted him to pay the transport bill which has resulted in an arguement, hense the delay. I don't know if the buyer has withdrawn his offer but he is not happy with the club.

Old 24-08-2007, 15:53   #29
God Member

Baggie, if what you have said is true (lets hope its not), then it is indeed a major cock up.............how good is your 'source'?

I was under the impression that the cladding was due to be delivered today,honestly cant remember who told me though!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 15:59   #30
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Baggie, if what you have said is true (lets hope its not), then it is indeed a major cock up.............how good is your 'source'?

I was under the impression that the cladding was due to be delivered today,honestly cant remember who told me though!
Delivered today excellent, if my story is true then someone has paid for the transport and we will soon have our roof, yippee.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..