Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2007, 21:23   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Our problem....

im surprised coleman hasnt got into touch with his contacts at liverpool or everton.

everton want to find some where for Vidarsson (midfielder) who was on loan at bournemouth - problem being david moyes wants any loan players to play week in week out, otherwise he wont let them go. He is attacking.

im sure they have a few youngsters who would enjoy a full season at league 2.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2007, 21:47   #17
Senior Member+

What's Rory doing these days ? ( steps back and awaits shower of abuse !!!)
Old 27-08-2007, 22:02   #18
Senior Member+

The player that Rory was for us, the player that Gary Roberts, Craney and Toddy......we need another!!!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 06:09   #19
God Member

The other solution we also have is Paul Carden once he is fit!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 08:45   #20

Where has all the money gone that we got for players over the last two seasons. Not on the roof for sure. No money spent on players, We get them on the cheap or free from lower leagues or past sell by dates from higher leagues. We had been told years ago the money was in place for the roof and the problem was planning. No club sells the best two players to make ground improvements. So why is it not being used to buy players?
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 09:07   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Where has all the money gone that we got for players over the last two seasons. Not on the roof for sure. No money spent on players, We get them on the cheap or free from lower leagues or past sell by dates from higher leagues. We had been told years ago the money was in place for the roof and the problem was planning. No club sells the best two players to make ground improvements. So why is it not being used to buy players?
How do you think the club survives on gates as low as ours? We have to sell to pay the bills.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 09:17   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
How do you think the club survives on gates as low as ours? We have to sell to pay the bills.
Wrong. The club issued a statement last season to say they had a budget for low crowds and they are not stupid enough to budget for expected larger crowds or cup runs. This
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 09:24   #23
Junior Member+

I think the players they have brought in with league experience such as Branch Carden & Miles won't have come for peanut money problem at any level of football these days is not the fee's but the salary's.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 10:05   #24
Resting In Peace

From today's Telegraph
Quote:
The Reds chief, whose side have only scored one goal in four games so far this term, said: "That's three games without a goal and it's a worry.
"It's something we are going to have to address, along with our defensive frailties.
Coleman Threatens To Wield The Axe (from Lancashire Telegraph)

We have had defensive frailties for ages, Coley has threatened to wield the axe before but never has done, we have a worse defence this season than last season when we conceded the most goals in the league. Why the hell have we not strengthened the defence? Isn't it time to get rid of players who are just not good enough. Put them on the transfer list and see if anybody wants them, I bet there won't be a rush from anywhere to sign them. Of course the midfield is defence minded, of course the strikers back track to help the defence, they have to because our defence is crap. It's time it was sorted, never mind signing multitudes of strikers, concentrate on not conceding goals.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 12:58   #25

I wouldn't say our defence is worse than last season, the new number 5, Roberts, has looked pretty good to me. In truth defence has always been Coleman's weakness, he's an attack minded player and whilst you can gt away with having poor defenders in non-league if you've got some good forwards this is no good in the league - you need bigger, tougher defenders. Godwin saved us at the back last season and in my opinion Todd saved us at the front. It worried me when he left and we haven't really found a replacement.
Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 13:36   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Wrong. The club issued a statement last season to say they had a budget for low crowds and they are not stupid enough to budget for expected larger crowds or cup runs. This
OK, but they also have to budget for continued ground improvements to comply with League requirements, which dont come cheap. So long as we have a chairman who apparently, and quite rightly, will not borrow to finance players, extra admin staff, ground work,etc. we can only live on scaps and rely on Coley to work miracles with the players we can afford to bring in. What is the alternative?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 13:55   #27
Member.

Did we get any new faces before the window closed on Monday or is the Observer not out yet.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 14:01   #28
Senior Member+

Has the window closed then? I didn't know that.

There is a different window for loan players.
Old 28-08-2007, 14:31   #29
God Member

Thought the window closed on Friday 31st?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 14:34   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Thought the window closed on Friday 31st?
So did I

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..