Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 09:59   #31
Member.

Re: Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Only stayed for an hour and then had to leave but they answered the questions very good especially John Coleman!

For 40 minutes of this i recorded it, its not the best recording but you can deffinatly hear the answers better than the questions asked. Just turn your speakers on very loud to hear it more clearly!!

I think its better to have real player to listen to this. Just click on the link and download. Thanks

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
Cheers FC: Stanley, that was a great help and very informative although I couldn’t hear many of the questions. What I look forward too now is the recollections and feelings of those who were also there on the ground.

I was a little disappointed in the respect of the ASSF and possible inaction on the behalf, legalities aside someone should have been in day to day contact with the club. I really do want the ASSF to play a major part in the clubs future and form a whole in terms of partnership with Accrington Stanley, however, if there is no clear movement soon then any funds pledge by myself to the ASSF will go directly to the Club in the form of direct sponsorship, purchases etc.

Good to hear David’s comments and commitment to taking the club forward, however I would like to hear more on the subject. John & Jim, Thank you for your passion towards our club, I’m still going over the recording in some areas following a lost in the translation but be assured every true Stanley heart is behind both of you and the new regime and your efforts won’t go unrewarded.

One day.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2009, 10:03   #32
Member.

Cheers Macca; keep it coming.

My remarks regarding the ASSF are meant to be probing and really are aimed at getting an update and a battle plan for joining forces with the Club, if the club hasn’t heard anything then I concerned.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 03-07-2009, 10:13   #33
God Member

the comments made by The Don regarding the ASSF were a little unfair I thought. Contact has been made and discussions, both face to face and via telephone have been made. What was said and is true was that no clear proposal had been made. Part of that will be because the goalposts have changed on numerous occasions over the four weeks since the ball started rolling. Things will change though very shortly...
Old 03-07-2009, 10:29   #34
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the comments made by The Don regarding the ASSF were a little unfair I thought. Contact has been made and discussions, both face to face and via telephone have been made. What was said and is true was that no clear proposal had been made. Part of that will be because the goalposts have changed on numerous occasions over the four weeks since the ball started rolling. Things will change though very shortly...
Cheers Rob; I'm sure we're all waiting for movement.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 03-07-2009, 10:59   #35
God Member

Smile Re: Fans Forum

Thanks for the info Macca..... Seems like good news all round

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 14:18   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

a positive thing i have noticed,the "Fishy" site is now being updated much better, long overdue, but welcome.
Old 03-07-2009, 15:00   #37
Senior Member+

Many thanks, macca.

Was anything asked/said about the two new individuals involved in promotional work?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 15:08   #38
God Member

yes, David said that they are permanent additions to the staff. He did say how many hours they did but I can't quite remember as I was ordering drinks at the time (hic). I think he said that Granville does 1 day at the moment but this is about to increase to 2 1/2 which is all that his position requires. Marcelle (who was there) I think he said was full time.
Old 03-07-2009, 15:34   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Many thanks, macca.

Was anything asked/said about the two new individuals involved in promotional work?
The audio i have uploaded for you to download tells you all about them. Also something about a guy from blackpool pleasure beach is suppost to be helping us out who has alot of contacts apparantly

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 22:58   #40
Senior Member+

Thanks again, macca. And thanks fc:stanley. Unfortunately, the audio is not very clear in parts.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Also something about a guy from blackpool pleasure beach is suppost to be helping us out who has alot of contacts apparantly
he might have experience but he's never been on the Accrington Stanley rollercoaster . Proper white knuckle ride here
Old 04-07-2009, 11:25   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Thanks again, macca. And thanks fc:stanley. Unfortunately, the audio is not very clear in parts.
You're lucky you heard it at all

After two failed downloads cos it didnt like AOL and another one when Real Player aborted part way through the necessary updates I was told I had exhausted all my permitted download attempts.

fc:stanley is there any other file sharing site you could post it to please?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 20:09   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
a positive thing i have noticed,the "Fishy" site is now being updated much better, long overdue, but welcome.
Just wish they'd answer emails too

Got the posters here waiting to be uploaded but I want to confirm "on the gate" prices, friendly prices etc first, sent 2 emails but no reply's

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 22:31   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Just wish they'd answer emails too

Got the posters here waiting to be uploaded but I want to confirm "on the gate" prices, friendly prices etc first, sent 2 emails but no reply's
there was some mention of e-mails i think ken, think "whoever" aint there every day at the moment,
Old 12-07-2009, 20:30   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
there was some mention of e-mails i think ken, think "whoever" aint there every day at the moment,
Well about 3 or 4 week later after sending them I've still no reply, still no mention of "on the gate" prices, no mention of Friendly prices.
Doesn't look like they want the posters on, they have removed the "web team" page now, haven't tried logging in and uploading one.
I'll stick em on my own web space and post the links to them on here.
I even designed some PDF direction pages that could be downloaded, complete with maps, bus service, pubs etc. emailed them to the club, NO RESPONCE
I'll look at puting the league table on my web-space too.

www.ubuntu.com

Last edited by K.S.H; 12-07-2009 at 20:34.
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..