Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2009, 19:26   #136
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: FAC vs Barnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston Red View Post
Coley on Radio Lancs said he 'd seen the replay and it wasnt a red card, Milesy was talking to a fan 4 yards away from me when he'd got changed and also said he'd never touched him and from the reaction of the players, I agree! However, I am getting on a bit and maybe my eyesight isn't what it should be - I shall await the video evidence. The ref certainly got the red card out very quickly though!
Was it me who he was talking too,He told me he jumped up to stop getting taken out with there players two footed challage! and court him with his studs on the way down he had no were to go it was'nt ment.The ref was a joke and so was the liner never a pen
Old 28-11-2009, 20:06   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Difficult to judge from where I was sat in the Main stand whether Miles' dismissal was justified....It looked late and careless, but probably warranted no more than a Yellow...

That said, it's difficult to swallow yet another rank amateur performance by todays match officials. IF we get turned over in the replay, then their inept decisions today will have cost Stanley potentially a small fortune....Just where do the F.A. dig up these clowns from ???

One instance typified this when the Ref and the Linesman in front of the Whinney Hill side failed to give a corner to Stanley....despite the whole of the ball being clearly over the line....right in front of the Linesman,the referee having a good view too !!! I was sat seventy yards away in the main stand and you could see from there that the ball was well and truly out.

And like has been said earlier on the thread, the ref then gives a penalty for a shirt tug on the strength of what the linesman has seen. You could tell just how mad the lads were about the decision by the way they protested....and all this after the ref had ignored all the pulls,pushes and prods that Symes had to endure all afternoon.

All not lost however, as I didn't think much of Barnet today and with 11 v 11 down there and the same attitude shown from the lads today, then we could certainly get the right result.
The FA normally appoints Level 3/4 referees (ones who normally do semi-pro football where theres not as much at stake) to the games to get experience. However that may just be round 1 and don't take my word for granted.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 20:26   #138
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
The FA normally appoints Level 3/4 referees (ones who normally do semi-pro football where theres not as much at stake) to the games to get experience. However that may just be round 1 and don't take my word for granted.
Todays ref is a league ref. He also did QPR v Stanley
Old 28-11-2009, 21:17   #139
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

cooled down a bit now, still disgusted at the officials, but fer my money Symes well earned his M.O.M. and suppose every cloud has a silver lining- Dunsavin was injured.
Old 28-11-2009, 21:33   #140
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeboy View Post
this is a great result for barnet! their away record is shocking lost 5-1 away to cheltenham during the week, but their home form is great unbeaten this season and not budging. In my opinion barnet thoroughly deserved the replay and that was definately a penalty. I may look at it differently from seeing the highlights tonight but from my view was penalty, great result.
COME ON YOU BEES!
Of course it was a penalty from your view - your team of dirty, fouling cheats were going out of the FA cup till the totally inept referee gave them a lifeline - wouldn't have minded a replay if it had been a fair result but this was anything but that - see you at Underhill
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 21:35   #141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Of course it was a penalty from your view - your team of dirty, fouling cheats were going out of the FA cup till the totally inept referee gave them a lifeline - wouldn't have minded a replay if it had been a fair result but this was anything but that - see you at Underhill
yer begining to remind me of me accymad.
Old 28-11-2009, 21:37   #142
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yer begining to remind me of me accymad.
Oh 'eck
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 22:00   #143
Senior Member+

Quote:
cooled down a bit now, still disgusted at the officials, but fer my money Symes well earned his M.O.M. and suppose every cloud has a silver lining- Dunsavin was injured.
Don't you think thats just a little to harsh, i havent seen bavs play since this season, so i suppose my point isnt really vailld but from some of the things from here he has been playing good this season and made some great saves, he made it into league 2 keeper of the week last week, i think its good to have compertition in the nets, gutted for bavs but this now give the new keeper a chance to get a few league games under his belt and his name on the first team sheet every week. Gutted for the lads today only listening to updates and on ssn, grant and symes seem to be playing really good together, hope it continues well into the new year.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 22:30   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Don't you think thats just a little to harsh, i havent seen bavs play since this season, so i suppose my point isnt really vailld but from some of the things from here he has been playing good this season and made some great saves, he made it into league 2 keeper of the week last week, i think its good to have compertition in the nets, gutted for bavs but this now give the new keeper a chance to get a few league games under his belt and his name on the first team sheet every week. Gutted for the lads today only listening to updates and on ssn, grant and symes seem to be playing really good together, hope it continues well into the new year.
Harsh? my sense of humour MCR, grant n symes are fer me best front 2 stanley have had since pre 62 imho, delighted wi em.
Old 28-11-2009, 22:53   #145
Senior Member+

Quote:
The rules state in any match the referee must be one of the highest ranked teams league. So the ref. Must be a fl official
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 22:58   #146
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
The rules state in any match the referee must be one of the highest ranked teams league. So the ref. Must be a fl official
well lets pray we get a premier team next round.
Old 28-11-2009, 23:28   #147

Just seen the highlights. Never a sending off never a penalty and that ref should never been allowed to officiate again.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 01:01   #148
Senior Member+

Quote:
Incidently he is on the National List meaning he must be either Level 1 or 2 being promoted for outstanding ability...

The guy cant keep the cards in his pocket !
Craig Pawson - Appearences
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 01:14   #149
I am Banned

Quote:
suppose every cloud has a silver lining- Dunsavin was injured.

Just remind me again . . . WHICH football club do you support?
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 05:57   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Incidently he is on the National List meaning he must be either Level 1 or 2 being promoted for outstanding ability...

The guy cant keep the cards in his pocket !
Craig Pawson - Appearences
I did say it was a guess Tom!
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..