Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2009, 16:33   #106
Senior Member+

Re: FAC vs Barnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Hmmmm...no sign of CHIMER...he's usually lurking around the forum itching to post before the games end..
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
G'day lads - expect my near neighbour Chimer (about 20 miles along the the coast) has a hockey overlap and we'll hear from him later.
Thanks for your concern guys - no hockey but taken shopping . Thought that would be enough to sort the result as a reward, and we were 2-1 up on the last telly I saw in town. Got home and the first thing I heard was my sis on the answerphone - one word message "b*gg*r" ! (and she's over 70 and shouldn't talk like that ) So I kinda guessed what I was going to find ....

Trip to Barnet may be on the cards shortly ....
Old 28-11-2009, 16:33   #107
Resting in Peace

Re: FAC vs Barnet

What a travesty of justice. The 10 men outplayed Barnet for nearly all the match. Can someone tell me why the penalty was given, and please don't let it be for a shirt pull, as Symes was having his tugged all through the game with nowt given. Grant and Symes were magic but Symes is solid gold. Don't worry - with 11 men we can take this lot, no problem, but if McConville had sqared the ball to Symes it would have been all over at 3-1.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 16:37   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
What a travesty of justice. The 10 men outplayed Barnet for nearly all the match. Can someone tell me why the penalty was given, and please don't let it be for a shirt pull, as Symes was having his tugged all through the game with nowt given. Grant and Symes were magic but Symes is solid gold. Don't worry - with 11 men we can take this lot, no problem, but if McConville had sqared the ball to Symes it would have been all over at 3-1.
not just that it was 10 men against 12 fer the biggest part of the game, that ref is either totally incompetant or on a backhander take yer pick.
Old 28-11-2009, 16:39   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It was for the "pulled shirt" the one that the ref was right next to and ignored, as he had ignored it happening to Symes all game. The linesman gave the penalty after their manager ran on the ****ing pitch. The same ****ing linesman that got Grant booked when their winger performed a dive worthy of an oscar right in front of him. It should have been a booking to their man, if it wasnt it should have been a throw in, but not only did the ref give a free kick he booked Grant for the ****ing privilege. Those two men should not be allowed within 3 miles of a football pitch. All this about a ****ing respect campaign how about they respect the players and the fans and officiate the game fairly. Still angry
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 16:41   #110

The referee had a good first half and I was hopimg for more of the same. However he started to lose control of the game towards the end and we paid the price for his incompetence. We're still in the F.A. Cup although it'll be a lot harder to get through with away at Barnet.
But the most annoying thing was Jake Cole celebrating in front of the Stanley fans when his team had been given another chance to get through at the hands of an overwhelmed referee.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 16:42   #111

ref rob us all game plus linesman carp too
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 16:44   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
All this about a ****ing respect campaign how about they respect the players and the fans and officiate the game fairly. Still angry
Well said Sam!
As a referee it's very hard to sell a decision in injury time with the score so close especially in a cup game. What you must not do is listen to the linesman who's doing what the AWAY manager tells him to, especially when it's taken him half a minute to make the decision. You should not wait for 30 seconds to give a penalty kick, you give it straight away or not at all. AWFUL!
Old 28-11-2009, 16:54   #113
God Member

Really feels like a loss. This will take some drowning.

Positives... Sean 'The Primark Kid' McConville played very well in his natural position of right wing, Dean Winnard was great again, and the new 'keeper looks very promising.

Unlucky Reds.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 17:04   #114
Resting in Peace

Is it only me thinking the new keeper seems rooted to his line and extremely reluctant to use his height to claim the high balls. Oh yes - he can't kick either!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 17:26   #115

Sam F - absolutely agree! We certainly get some bad officials but today was the worst of all - not a red card, not a penalty and they were fouling all afternoon!
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 17:34   #116
Senior Member+

well just got back and absolutely gutted

Agreed was never a penalty but they should have had 1 earlier for the Proctor foul.

Miles shouldent even be on the pitch anyway, hes an absolute waste of space at the moment, but fingers crossed we can do them in the replay.

Symes and Grant just look superb up front.

More positives, I thought Mcconville had his 1st decent game of the season and he whipped some great crosses in.

As for the keeper, yeh he looked shaky at the start but who wouldent be, only 19 and your 1st proper game???? Thought he improved massivley towards the end of the game, and he made a great save.

Least we are in the hat!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 17:35   #117

Preston - it was a red card let's be honest, he stamped on him!
Old 28-11-2009, 17:52   #118

I think we can beat this lot in Barnet, we battled well and I thought we were unfortunate not to win even with 10 men.
Grant and Symes are playing well, the new goalie seems adequate and made a good save late on. Dissapointing attendance on a cold afternoon, the pitch seemed fine, and the groundsman deserves praise. Did anyone hear the winning draw ticket?
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 17:53   #119

this is a great result for barnet! their away record is shocking lost 5-1 away to cheltenham during the week, but their home form is great unbeaten this season and not budging. In my opinion barnet thoroughly deserved the replay and that was definately a penalty. I may look at it differently from seeing the highlights tonight but from my view was penalty, great result.
COME ON YOU BEES!
beeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 17:57   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeboy View Post
this is a great result for barnet! their away record is shocking lost 5-1 away to cheltenham during the week, but their home form is great unbeaten this season and not budging. In my opinion barnet thoroughly deserved the replay and that was definately a penalty. I may look at it differently from seeing the highlights tonight but from my view was penalty, great result.
COME ON YOU BEES!
See your doctor on monday lad... your head really needs checking!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..