Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2010, 16:43   #1

winding up petition jan 14th

I was just about to get in a car to drive up to Accy for the game (hopefully on tomorrow, fingers crossed !!) when i was suddenly overwhelmed with calls and messages relating to a winding up petition.

I found out on Friday last week that HMRC have moved a petition. This news, which translated into the gazetting of the file yesterday (apparently) has caught me by surprise.

At times like this, silence is deadly. I therefore am posting this quick update to ensure that I respond to fans. I can categorically say that the petition will be satisfied - in fact a large proportion of the subject payments have been sent today, and the rest will be paid off as well.

I do not know why HMRC chose to issue the petition, but I do know that this will be confusing for people on this website and in the town. However I can only react to the fact that the petition was issued, and in doing so, whilst I am frustrated by their actions, I must respect the HMRC move and we (that means the club) will comply with the demand notice. I just wish they had not gone to this stage - but I must admit that the club (which includes me) are culpable, as best I can see, for missing a committed payment in December which led to this situation getting out of hand.

As i say, i am rushing out of the door in a few minutes, but I did not want the evening to pass without a reply on this website. I apologise on behalf of the club that this has happened, and once I have some clarity in the new week, I will post again. Transparency works in good times and in bad, and I accept the buck stops here with me. I expect that during my meeting with the directors tomorrow I will have a great deal more information about how and why this has happened.

I reiterate, the demand notice will be met, and asfc will not be the subject of a court hearing on Feb 3rd.

I may not be able to reply to this bulletin board till very late. If anyone feels moved to do so, and wants to chat, call me. 07826 600600. I am available and will not go into hiding. This petition will be met. the club is not in any danger whatsoever of being wound up.

Ilyas
Friday 5.40pm
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2010, 16:46   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: winding up petition jan 14th

Thank God fer that cheers ilyas yer a top man.
Old 15-01-2010, 16:49   #3
Full Member+

Thank you for letting everyone know whats happening Ilyas
Old 15-01-2010, 16:51   #4

Again, i really apologise. I wish i could provide more clarity, but I really and honestly do not know much more. I will find out details and will post again when I have the ability to answer all questions. In the meantime all i can assume is that hmrc are only human, and they sometimes make errors, and that in this case, they have moved too quickly. I can confirm that a large payment was sent just yesterday by the club, and so this gazetting is really very frustrating.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 16:57   #5
God Member

Thanks for the explanation Ilyas
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 17:01   #6
God Member

Thanks so much Illyas for being up front & honest about the situ, hope that u get answers & further clarity with regards to this blip, seems this means that the HMRC will be very stringent with clubs that have had history with late demands but is rather hasty to say the least. This time i can deffo say im not worried & in safe hands - thanks

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 17:28   #7
God Member

I woke up , grabbed a coffee, switched on computer,head straight to ACCY WEB, see a thread about a winding up order, spill contents onto lap,curse (loud enough to wake her up), start thinking I'm in a time warp, then ,thank god,read these reassuring words from Ilyas. Phew.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 17:29   #8

We're by no means the only club facing this. The suspicion elsewhere is that HMRC view January, with it's transfer window, as a good opportunity to force clubs hands. Think there's more about this on twohundredpercent but I don't know how to post links. Given the new regeime at ASFC, I suspect we're in a better position than most. Thanks for the update, Ilyas. Still not used to this openess!
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 17:34   #9
God Member

jobs a good un Ilyas. I heard around 5:20pm and assumed an error somewhere. I really did not expect to hear anything about it from the club and was going to email you to find out.

So out of a potentially bad story comes 100% positive news - the club (or Ilyas on its behalf) is telling us about things before most people know! a true first and long may it continue, its showing respect to the fans
Old 15-01-2010, 17:49   #10
God Member

Why do the phrases 'day to day running of the club' and 'head of operations' spring to mind?

Ilyas, thank you. Your post is, as all of them are, greatly appreciated.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 17:56   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Why do the phrases 'day to day running of the club' and 'head of operations' spring to mind?
Lol, that's the reason I stopped posting on here so stop being negative

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 18:02   #12
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Thankyou Ilyas!!For being open and for your prompt reaction to this breaking news,although i'm a little confussed with this news of this HMRC petition.
Old 15-01-2010, 18:02   #13

What can we say?
Communication is always 100% form Ilyas.
I'm sure if we cut Ilyas in half we would be able to read ASFC through him.

I can see the future and it looks bright. . . . . . . Although I can see us fighting a relegation battle in years to come . . . . .From the Premiership down to the championship

Hey you, don't watch that watch this! This is the heavy heavy monster sound,
The nuttiest sound around. So if you've come in off the street and you're beginning to feel the heat,
Well listen buster, you better start to move your feet to the rockinest, rock-steady beat of STANLEY

SOS 243
Stephen666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 18:07   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whilst i can see yer point ilyas in saying the buck stop stops wi you, that is something i cannot reconcile wi meself. fer my money the buck stops at whomever n for whatever DID NOT make that december payment, cos just a slip, after what the club has been through is not acceptable to me.
Old 15-01-2010, 18:34   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst i can see yer point ilyas in saying the buck stop stops wi you, that is something i cannot reconcile wi meself. fer my money the buck stops at whomever n for whatever DID NOT make that december payment, cos just a slip, after what the club has been through is not acceptable to me.
Too right Cashy. It's not rocket science is it? All you need is a flipping wall calendar to be marked with an approaching deadline. Wish I was a fly on the wall at the directors meeting.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..