Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2010, 19:35   #16
Senior Member+

Re: winding up petition jan 14th

Thank you Iylas
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2010, 20:11   #17
God Member

Anyone else made ****ing livid by the club's official statement?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 20:22   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Anyone else made ****ing livid by the club's official statement?

I can be a little more neutral on this so although I can see how annoying it is I can also see the reasoning behind it. If I had an amount of money sat in my bank account for the taxman ( for example 100k ) and there was no punishment for paying it at the end of December or the end of January, I know whose account my money would stay in. It would gain more interest sat in my account

As long as Ilyas says it was going to be paid then I would accept that.
Old 15-01-2010, 20:30   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I can be a little more neutral on this so although I can see how annoying it is I can also see the reasoning behind it. If I had an amount of money sat in my bank account for the taxman ( for example 100k ) and there was no punishment for paying it at the end of December or the end of January, I know whose account my money would stay in. It would gain more interest sat in my account

As long as Ilyas says it was going to be paid then I would accept that.
Totally have faith in Ilyas, so I'm not worried, just angry because the club know that HMRC aren't going to give us any leeway anymore.
It just grates
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 20:33   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It just grates
Fair comment Shaker
Old 15-01-2010, 20:34   #21
God Member

Supporters Direct » HMRC Go For The Jugular, And The Clubs Only Have Themselves To Blame

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 20:47   #22
God Member

Cheers Ilyas!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 20:58   #23

Seems as though football clubs at this time of year, due to the transfer window, have money to spend. Some have, potentially, several millions to spend. If money is owed to other businesses/football clubs/taxman etc. then surely debts should be paid before going into the transfer market and offering big bucks in transfers and wages and agents fees etc.A perfect time for HMRC to act. Maybe it will help football to put it`s house in order and put solvency and good business practice first. this surely must benefit football clubs and fans long term.
Regarding Stanley, it seems the taxman has been over-keen, but is just maintaining it`s, recently set, tough line on football clubs.
huncoatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 21:00   #24

Read both statements :

Ilyas said "I found out on Friday last week that HMRC have moved a petition"

Club said "A petition was served against the outstanding amount before Christmas"

Confused. Anyone else?
Footy Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 21:22   #25
Senior Member+

Not just a pity that the club has come under threat again - thanks to Ilyas it will never come to anything - but the club/Ilyas will no doubt end up having to pay HMRC's associated petition fee/legal costs as well.

You don't need to apologise Ilyas - if it weren't for you we wouldn't be here.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 21:59   #26
God Member

Angry Re: winding up petition jan 14th

Club statement
Friday 15th Jan 2010

Winding up order.

In response to the public announcement that Accrington Stanley have a winding up petition against them issued by HM Revenue and Customs the club would like to issue the following statement.

The club was always aware that after the previous petition debt was settled there was a significantly smaller sum outside of this that still remained outstanding. The club has made payments towards this while continuing to meet our ongoing obligations to the revenue. Throughout this time the we have enjoyed a great relationship with HMRC which will continue.

A petition was served against the outstanding amount before Christmas, and the plan was to pay the amount in full next week before it was made public in the Gazette. The advert has appeared early and so we obviously have to respond accordingly, however with the backing of our chairman Ilyas Khan we can assure supporters that the debt will be paid in full bringing the club up to date with its obligations to HMRC, and that we will not be facing another
court appearance.

How significantly smaller? And didn't some people ask about this very thing happening, when we had a forum type thing all those months ago?? Can anybody remember the reply??????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 23:06   #27
Senior Member+

ilyas thank you so much. when, in a week of the likes of Mandaric and Briatori (the fat bloke at QPR)probably spelt wrongly,we have you it makes you feel that we there is a God and we are so lucky..........thank you
Old 16-01-2010, 13:44   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst i can see yer point ilyas in saying the buck stop stops wi you, that is something i cannot reconcile wi meself. fer my money the buck stops at whomever n for whatever DID NOT make that december payment, cos just a slip, after what the club has been through is not acceptable to me.
Agree 100% Cashy - it's plastered all over the placards today, one or two people made comments to me while I was in town this morning like 'what's happening, how come they're in trouble again'' - not what the club needs and to know it could have been prevented makes me really angry.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010, 14:28   #29
Resting in Peace

Think its a very special person who keeps the rank and file supporters just what is going on at the club, other clubs could learn something from this. Fair play to Ilyas
Old 16-01-2010, 14:33   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think its a very special person who keeps the rank and file supporters just what is going on at the club, other clubs could learn something from this. Fair play to Ilyas
Agree, have nowt but respect n admiration fer the man. just wish ALL the clowns were in the CIRCUS.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..