Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 16:00   #46

Re: Match Thread - Stanley v Morecambe

Great result for the Stanley. Good to see them fight back from being down twice.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2010, 16:02   #47

well done Stanley - a nice couple of quiet days needed now to recover ready for Tuesday - and I'm only watching text commentary from afar !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 16:06   #48
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Good result, sitting at 8th, feel rather emotional, could only follow on a text print out, you really need to look at an on-line Radio link as part of the stadiums/clubs improvements so all us miles away can listen in on match days.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 16:13   #49

2372 attended today. Either MFC brought a large following or the team have attracted increased local suport. Will be interesting to hear from those on the spot messageboarders, when they finally leave the Crown !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 16:17   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
2372 attended today. Either MFC brought a large following or the team have attracted increased local suport. Will be interesting to hear from those on the spot messageboarders, when they finally leave the Crown !
Hope its the latter.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 16:33   #51

Cracking game, dreaful ref and the attendance is likely down to parents of the youth cup game players at half time and those from Morecombe, still it is a great figure when there is a game on at turf moor as well.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 16:58   #52
Senior Member+

Awful Officials, There number 4 should have had a red without a doubt. however.............

The most important thing ACCRINGTON STANLEY 3-2 MORECAMBE

Grant back on fire!! Jimmy Ryan outstanding yet again, Miles a waste of space.

Playoffs here we come
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 17:34   #53
God Member

Great game for a neutral, suicidal defending at times from both sides.

Some descisions by the offcials were dreadful, still seeing players going down too easily with minimal contact not what I want to see as we are better than that.

Against better sides we may come unstuck if we don't play to our strengths which is playing the ball on the deck not hoofball, I think some of that could have been down to missing Proccy who tends to spray the passes and a lot of the attacking play goes through him.

But as we did today we still possess that Bulldog Spirit in abundance which in the past we haven't and it brought us yet another three points

I would like to see either Billy Kee or Chris Turner make a start soon as I think it would freshen things up a little and give us another attaking dimension

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 06-02-2010 at 17:38.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 17:41   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Great game for a neutral, suicidal defending at times from both sides.

Some descisions by the offcials were dreadful, still seeing players going down too easily with minimal contact not what I want to see as we are better than that.

Against better sides we may come unstuck if we don't play to our strengths which is playing the ball on the deck not hoofball, I think some of that could have been down to missing Proccy who tends to spray the passes and a lot of the attacking play goes through him.

But as we did today we still possess that Bulldog Spirit in abundance which in the past we haven't and it brought us yet another three points

I would like to see either Billy Kee or Chris Turner make a start soon as I think it would freshen things up a little and give us another attaking dimension

On Stanley On
+1 Couldnt of put it better myself. The referee was simply awful, both to Stanley and Morecambe. Countless handballs missed and some shocking decisions regarding tackles. However it was good to see the hard challenges being placed in by both teams. Hate seeing us go down easy @ 2-2.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 18:03   #55
God Member

big long reply typed out then lost so:

Morecambe - ok first half but Jimmy Ryan on his own was the difference

fans - hands down won by Stanley

Paul Mullin - still a gent, came on as sub with about 15 mins left but wasnt given a look in - never was an impact player, does McIlroy not do his homework?

Ref - waste of space for BOTH teams

attendance - very good considering, Morecambe only brought about 400 and the half-time shoot out mentioned would n't have made much difference - so nearly 2000 Reds on, big improvement
Old 06-02-2010, 18:07   #56
Senior Member+

Having been at the game, I have to agree with the last 4 posters about the ref and his officials. Winnard (I think) was scythed down by Wilson right in front of the linesmans nose and the ref waived play on!!! Incredulous is too weak a word, but I fear I cannot put on here what I want to say due to censorship. Just to say, for our antipodean friends and travellers and those in other parts of the world, watch the highlights when they are posted on here and watch Jimmy Ryan's goal - it was fair dinkum.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 18:08   #57
Resting in Peace

What a game! I was a bit worried about his one beforehand, as everyone expected us to steamroller the Shrimps, but they surely had something to prove. They did play some good stuff although they were fortunate to get to 1-2, but Stanley in this mood are simply irresistable. Driven on by the nonestop support from the crowd they absolutely hammered away at the Morecambe goal and justice was done in the end. In truth, it could have easily been 5 or 6 to 2 goals, with a Bobby Grant hat trick. What a star he is going to be if he keeps his head together! I really can't single out one Stanley player as the TEAM were magnificent. The Morecambe defence just couldn't handle Billy Key when he came on - what a prize asset we have there on the bench.
I had been saving my free pint voucher in the Buy The House Lounge for a game such as this, but sure enough it wasn't enough. Great to see so many overjoyed Stanley fans celebrating afterwards!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 18:42   #58
Full Member+

Great result, keeps us in the mix and a better turnout from an Accy perspective, Id agree, in the region of 400 from Morecambe....

Ryan's winner was class, if he's to better that one this season he will have to go some !!

Yet again another contribution from inept officials, just where do they get these clowns from ??? The tackle ( Artell??)in the second half could have seriously injured our lad, near enough cut him in half and the clown waves play on.....cue a couple of minutes later, a challenge no-where near the same ferocity, malice or intent gets pulled up, and from the resulting free kick,up pops the lad who should have walked for the tackle just minutes earlier to score a soft goal

Thankfully the spirit and belief that this side seem to have in abundance this season, saw us through to get the result the performance deserved.

That said, I thought Miles didn't put much effort in today, such a frustrating player...just seems to drift in and out of games, today being the latter, hardly inspirational and by no means a captain's performance and McConville seems a little lightweight at times. As posted by an earlier contributor, We missed Proccy's drive at times today.

That said three more fantastic points!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 18:43   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post

I had been saving my free pint voucher in the Buy The House Lounge for a game such as this, but sure enough it wasn't enough.

and that voucher looked well tattered!
Old 06-02-2010, 18:46   #60
God Member

Smile Re: Match Thread - Stanley v Morecambe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Stats say we've had 14 shots (6 on target) to their 3. McConville booked just before half time
McConville got booked within 2 mins of almost being stretchered off by an absolutely horrendous tackle in his own area!! Shrimp could/should have seen red - it was bad!!! The ref booked Sean, as he thought that Sean was getting a bit of revenge!! My opinion

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..