Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2010, 15:58   #46
Full Member+

Re: Macc v Stanley Matchday Thread

Disappointing that. Fancied us for a win today. Roll on Lincoln.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2010, 15:59   #47
God Member

Clean sheet and a point away from home. Every little helps. Well done Reds.

Thanks Dan.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 16:27   #48
Dan
Senior Member+

Last update from me kids.

Coley says it "feels like a defeat"

And Luke Joyce update - he's suffering from a dead leg and will be assessed by the medical staff ahead of Tuesday.

Hopefully there'll be a match report on the website tonight - I'll try to keep you updated on Tuesday at Sincil Bank.

Hope this has helped!
Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 18:10   #49
God Member

This was a good match thread, well done Dan.
The Macclesfield number 5 had a brilliant game, in almost every attack of ours he was there.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 18:14   #50
God Member

A very dissapointing day

A vey poor game, we were found wanting in every department today which probably follows on from Tuesday's tubbing.

Macclesfield were poor and were there for the taking but not nearly enough invention from the Red's with the ball spending far too long in the air, passing going astray, no cutting edge up front although to be fair there was no service through the middle or out wide.

I do hope this is a minor blip for Stanley but alarm bells were ringing for me last Saturday even though we beat the Shrimps

At the moment there is no natural width to the team that must change, we have players who can change that unfortunately they are bit part players at the moment.

It was nice to see Chris Turner get on for the final eight minutes and without being too harsh he created more in that time than the other two did in their combined time on the pitch.

All is not lost there is still plenty to play for but the rot has to stop before the wheels really do come off.

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 13-02-2010 at 18:18.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 18:14   #51
Senior Member+

having listened to King Coley and Darren Kempson on Radio Lancs after the match, both have said this felt like a defeat, However, lets have the positives, did not concede a goal and gained a point. Win on Tuesday could easily take us back up to the play off positions although we cannot now make the auto promotion places with our games in hand. The futures bright, the futures Stanley.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 18:21   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
having listened to King Coley and Darren Kempson on Radio Lancs after the match, both have said this felt like a defeat, However, lets have the positives, did not concede a goal and gained a point. Win on Tuesday could easily take us back up to the play off positions although we cannot now make the auto promotion places with our games in hand. The futures bright, the futures Stanley.
G.I. Kempson alongside Phil had their usual heart's on sleeves performances the shining lights in an ultimately dull affair

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 18:38   #53
Senior Member+

Agreed very dull game indeed. We are missing that Grant/ Symes spark up front, Symes looks absolutely knackered in my opinion and could do with a rest.

Maybe start with Kee & Grant at Lincoln???

Great to see Turner get on at the end, surely he must get more game time now he has proved his fitness.

Miles & Mcconville VERY average yet again for me im afraid.
We have NO width when they play.

Strange 1 to drop Bouza, he has been brilliant and only made 1 mistake.

But all in all a draw was a fair result.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 18:40   #54
Senior Member+

oh and Jimmy Ryan was yet again brilliant IMO.
Old 13-02-2010, 19:05   #55

I agree Symes looked very tired even at the start of the game. A weeks rest could do him good. I feel Turner should have been introduced sooner as McConville was having a nightmare AGAIN and Turner looked sharp when he came on. Mc Conville was weak and could'nt even do the basics. Why is he starting games? No-one has mentioned what a star Edwards was. Man of the match for Accy IMO. Lets hope there's a shake up for Tuesday we need to get back to winning ways as the playoffs could easily slip away.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 19:10   #56
Resting in Peace

Let's not forget Bav's wonderful save to deny their no.9 late on when he seemed odds on to score. Have to agree about Turner, who within seconds of coming on made a great tackle, made a good run and put across a great centre. I think we would have won if we had started with the finishing eleven. Not great today but 100% better than Tuesday neet!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 19:47   #57
Senior Member+

MOM - Dunbavin
Runner Up - Grant

Worst player - Lees
Runner Up - Miles

we where the better team but Macclesfield had the best chance. Scrappy affair.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 19:51   #58
Senior Member+

Agreed Lees had a poor game.

Problem is he is a natural center back and we are expecting a wing back performance which I dont think hes capable of doing at the moment.
Old 13-02-2010, 19:56   #59

IMHO Turner was one of the players of last season, and could be the new signing we need and the unknow quantity for the final push needed. Just hope tiredness and the rumours unsettling the club don't get in the way!!!
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 22:10   #60

Dull game really, symes never turned up, he may be tired or whatever and could do wiv a rest. I have never rated mcconville personally and turner proved in 20 second half minutes today hes a lot more worth a startin place than he is...

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..