Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 16:35   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Vs Notts County

Daren't post just yet - still too angry.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2010, 16:44   #47
Senior Member+

Couldnt make it today, just seen the score.
What happened? Did the lads not turn up?
Expect Coley to have them fired up for turning over Macclesfield on tuesday.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 17:08   #48
God Member

The worst I've seen us play all season; individually and collectively rubbish.
Maybe it was that ridiculousness with the ref early on that took away the lads' confidence, but there's no excuse for a showing like that.
We were terrible.

Drink to forget!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 17:37   #49

Their performance next Tuesday better be 110%...to make up for their -10 today ....pathetic!!
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 17:45   #50
Junior Member+

Not a good game today!! We were plaing well up until when they got the penalty and then we had our hopes down. It just didn't go our way today but main thing is that we are staying up!
stanleylegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 17:51   #51
God Member

I can take defeat if we play with spirit & balls

But Notts County wanted it more than we did, we came up aganst a decent side and were woefully short in every position on the pitch, Notts Countys third goal was amongst the best I have ever witnessed at the Crown Ground.

We did have a few early chances which were at best bad misses, the ref made a complete cock up with the Stanley ruled out goal as it seemed the pressure from their players got to him.

The alarm bells for me on Stanley's style of play were ringing after the Morecambe game and I have not seen it get any better, whether pressure is now beginning to show with the Management & Players only they will know?

But Today really was Men against Boys

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 17:51   #52
God Member

Table updated dropped to 14th but still got 3/4 games in hand on most teams above us.

Hope the person who collapsed today is OK, anybody heard how she is

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 17:51   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
I blame the return of Lee C.
Told him in person at half time he was a jinx lol. Absolute dire game, the ref was an all time banker and loved his whistle too much! Nothing much to say about it, plus was the clayton end was buzzing and great to see our norwegian friends again and nice to be remembered too

Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 17:54   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Table updated dropped to 14th but still got 3/4 games in hand on most teams above us.

Hope the person who collapsed today is OK, anybody heard how she is
She seemed fine, alert, more shaken up and cold more than owt else she was wheeled to 1st aid room awaiting ambulance arriving which they did.

Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:00   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Notts Countys third goal was amongst the best I have ever witnessed at the Crown Ground.
Really? From where I was it looked like it had no power and only went in 'cos of the bobble!
Old 06-03-2010, 18:04   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Really? From where I was it looked like it had no power and only went in 'cos of the bobble!
Maybe I did not phrase it right in terms of movement from one end of the pitch to the other with great movement & touch leading up to it.

SFFS
Old 06-03-2010, 18:04   #57
Senior Member+

Men against boys sums it up quite well I think.

Rogers probably scored the best goal ive seen from an opposition player all season at the Crown.

Had a great chat with some County fans aswell outside the ground. I think they summed up our last few games................ "What happened to you lot today, you where the best side at our ground earlier in the season but today you looked woeful"

Outplayed for about 80 of the 90 minutes.

Turner yet again doesnt start??? Who knows what Coley is thinking????

Im hoping we can bounce straight back Tuesday night.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:09   #58
Full Member+

Very poor display today. How badly does the team have to play before changes are made ? Baffled ?
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:29   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Very poor display today. How badly does the team have to play before changes are made ? Baffled ?
If it was me across the midfield I would go left to right:
McConville, Ryan, Joyce, Turner

The reasoning being McConville & Turner have the natural flair to go at full backs and ping crosses in whilst also having the pace to track back to provide defensive cover if needed, Ryan he has the capability to unlock defences with his range of passing and surges into the final third with wing support brings us something without the wings we are currently lacking, Joyce as the midfield holding player to break things up in the centre of the park and help fill the hole in front of the back four.

Football is all about opinions and that is mine

SFFS
Old 06-03-2010, 18:37   #60
God Member

It would make for a more balanced midfield, though I don't think we'll see the captain dropped any time soon.

I'd go for a complete reshuffle on Tuesday:
Dunbavin
Joyce Edwards Flynn Winnard
Turner Procter Ryan Grant
Symes Kee

Thought for a while that Bobby's been struggling up front against the bigger centre-halves. God knows where Kempo's head is at the minute; every pass he tried today went wayward. For all his maturity at such a young age, Tom Lees' distribution isn't good enough either. I doubt we'll see anything resembling that but as Google Page Ranking says; opinions, opinions.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..