Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 18:43   #61
God Member

Re: Vs Notts County

Maybe the embargo may yet come back to haunt us but only in terms of bring better players in?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2010, 18:45   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It would make for a more balanced midfield, though I don't think we'll see the captain dropped any time soon.

I'd go for a complete reshuffle on Tuesday:
Dunbavin
Joyce Edwards Flynn Winnard
Turner Procter Ryan Grant
Symes Kee

Thought for a while that Bobby's been struggling up front against the bigger centre-halves. God knows where Kempo's head is at the minute; every pass he tried today went wayward. For all his maturity at such a young age, Tom Lees' distribution isn't good enough either. I doubt we'll see anything resembling that but as Google Page Ranking says; opinions, opinions.
I can see the sense in moving Grant to the left wing and Kee up front a bit of hustle & bustle instead of Cantonesque deft finishes?

SFFS
Old 06-03-2010, 18:48   #63
Resting in Peace

How many points have to slip away before Coley comes to his senses and realises that he has to change things round? Turner and Kee should be starting against Macc, even if it means having to drop 2 Scousers, unthinkable as that may be. Bobby needs to be rested, as he just can't get on the end of the hoofballs when up against uncompromising defenders and his first touch nearly always lets him down. After missing 2 good chances early on he struggled to make an impact, and although he had a couple of good free kicks, they were never going to trouble a keeper of Schmeichel's ability. MOM for me was Kempo by a mile.
Can anyone throw any light on the shenanegins with our disallowed goal?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:50   #64
God Member

I thought they were re-inventing the Hokey Cokey you put the ball in, the ball out and shake your head and hands all about

SFFS
Old 06-03-2010, 18:57   #65

How can a whole team influence the referee and linesman to disallow a goal even when the linesman didn't raise the flag.? Is this a new rule recently brought into the game? It seemed to me the referee changed his mind 3 times. This was probably a turning point in the game.
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 18:59   #66
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Tom Lees' distribution isn't good enough either.
Applies to both our full backs. Dean Winnard plays as if he has big, round toed lead boots on, hoofing the ball too hard and usually out of play. Good (central) defenders, though!
Old 06-03-2010, 19:00   #67

I think Grant and Symes need a rest. Get King and Kee up front King (although I have't seen him play much) looks like he has a bit of flair and Kee has his strength and eye for goal. Also Winnard, Kempson need a rest so if Richardson and O'Flynn are available get them in. Ryan can be swapped for Mullin as I think we need a bit of experience when we're in a bit of a bad run.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 19:00   #68
Senior Member+

Think it will be difficult to change so many players, as its quite obvious Coley doesnt rate many of our reserves/ players on the bench.

Only change I can see Coley making is Turner for Joyce.......

If it was me.................

Bouzanis
Lees Edwards Flynn Winnard
Turner Ryan Proccy Grant
Kee Symes
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 19:04   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd.Div.North View Post
How can a whole team influence the referee and linesman to disallow a goal even when the linesman didn't raise the flag.? Is this a new rule recently brought into the game? It seemed to me the referee changed his mind 3 times. This was probably a turning point in the game.
It definitely was, we dropped our heads (worringly like last season) when the goal was disallowed. Then when they scored we just stopped. None of them looked interested in a fight for the 3 points maybe our excellent run brought that on ourselves?
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 19:05   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
In a word, NO. i thought it was either a penalty or a goal because I was sure a Notts County player had handled it before it was put into the net.

Will have to wait for the replay on TV tonight.
Team were dire today. Referee, well all I can say that if there was an assessor watching, he will be reffing park football next week.
Absolutely fuming

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 19:41   #71

They just didnt turn up today. County werent a brill team and on another day we could have beaten them. I think its time for a change now. Two losses in a row sticking to the same tired legs. Give Kee a run out and be more attacking. Joyce,Ryan and Proccy are too similar players all to be playing in the same team and get under each others feet. Come on accy it aint over yet, be proud play with passion.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 20:10   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
How many points have to slip away before Coley comes to his senses and realises that he has to change things round? Turner and Kee should be starting against Macc, even if it means having to drop 2 Scousers, unthinkable as that may be. Bobby needs to be rested, as he just can't get on the end of the hoofballs when up against uncompromising defenders and his first touch nearly always lets him down. After missing 2 good chances early on he struggled to make an impact, and although he had a couple of good free kicks, they were never going to trouble a keeper of Schmeichel's ability. MOM for me was Kempo by a mile.
some of your views are pathetic.
Do you really think Coleman would choose a player over another because of where he was born and raised?

Notts County are a good team, role on tuesday and 3 points. If Macc use the same 5 at the back tactic as the away game then 3 strikers may be a better option with Grant and King playing wide with Kee as the main target man.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 20:31   #73
God Member

Quote:
Handball by Proccy!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 21:06   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
some of your views are pathetic.
Do you really think Coleman would choose a player over another because of where he was born and raised?

Notts County are a good team, role on tuesday and 3 points. If Macc use the same 5 at the back tactic as the away game then 3 strikers may be a better option with Grant and King playing wide with Kee as the main target man.
Sorry, tongue was in cheek re. scousers. 100% firm on the other points, though.
Old 06-03-2010, 21:26   #75
Senior Member+

People need to see this game in the perspective of a full season.
The club was on the breach of ending, our previous record in league 2 has been about relegation avoidance and crowds continue to be below the conference level.

Play offs or not this season (and its still possible), it has been great be looking upwards as opposed to behind.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..