Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2010, 20:40   #31

Re: MAtch thread vs Burton

By the time I'd reached my teens my family had moved south. At youth club we played a board game called Wembly and of course I always entered as the Stanley. Never did reach Wembly. This year I'm hoping to get a holiday and have timed it to be back for the playoffs - I know yon fat lady hasn't finished her song but starting to look like this might not be a Wembly year after all. Funny how 50+ years on these weird memories flood back. Goodnight folks - hoping to be at Bournemouth on Saturday.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2010, 20:53   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
.... we played a board game called Wembly .......
That's a blast from the past; I had that game (hundreds of years ago)

Amazing what you forget, isn't it ..............
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 21:12   #33

What a terrible performance tonight. We needed to play wide tonight but no one wanted the job. No crosses into the box at all. Changes need to be made for saturday. Why use McConville on right wing when we have Turner. King should have replaced Kee who looked knackered after 15 mins . I think we can now wave bye bye to play off dream. we just didnt turn up tonight.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 21:30   #34
Senior Member+

The entire team looked knackered simple as.
Shows how much we missed Symes tonight.

Looks like the season is finally catching up with us.

Good to see King get on for the 1st time in ages and made some decent runs.

Yet again Turner benched without a minute to show ??????

Glad im not going Bournemouth to be honest.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 21:35   #35
God Member

We might as well have forfeited the game before kick-off instead of putting the fans through 94 minutes of that garbage. We gift-wrapped three points for Albion tonight with a tragically uninspiring performance. The team had no shape from the off. Jimmy Ryan worked his socks off but to no avail. Bobby Grant is clearly unfit and shouldn't have played. In fact all of our players looked knackered. Playing on that heavy pitch won't be helping matters either. Tom Lees picked up an injury to his wrist that looked painful. Gary King had the chance to stake his claim with a free header but made a complete hash of it. No positives to take from that at all. If the lads could've matched even half of the energy levels of the few in the Clayton End we'd have easily won that game.

In a word, pants.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 22:06   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

worst display ive seen this season, Burton were poor,we were worse, ball played up in air due to conditions no doubt, but with 2 short arses up front, forget it. thought Grant was auditioning fer the "Invisible Man" he was very poor tonight. play -offs - Gone Fer A Burton but aint too despondant, cos if they lose every game till end of season, its STILL the best season stanley have had since there return.
Old 23-03-2010, 22:22   #37
Senior Member+

No passion at all by the players! And by most of them their was no effort at all!

Why is Mcconville being played instead of Turner? Turner clearly has the ability, unlike him!! For the times Turner has come on hes played really good and has also been superb, unlike Mcconville, who always look like he cant be assed and never looks to put any team under pressure or make a difference.

Their was no belief tonight and most of the team looked absolutely knackered!!! Im guessing thats why proccy was taken off???

Burton must be laughing!!!

Anyways back to Saturday!! The promotion push i think is off , but a top half finish would be a great finish to a great season!

On Stanley On!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 22:38   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
No passion at all by the players! And by most of them their was no effort at all!

Why is Mcconville being played instead of Turner? Turner clearly has the ability, unlike him!!
Think that question should be directed at "Uncle Jimmy"
Old 24-03-2010, 02:43   #39
God Member

A very belated *&%^*(&%#!$#!$%@!$%^*&@!%$#&((
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 05:20   #40
God Member

Stanley were the ones suffering on the night with "Brewers Droop"

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 06:08   #41

Another poor performance in a time where it really matters ... it's a good job anyway because I couldn't afford Wembley.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 06:40   #42

Very poor overall performance. To think most of the team are playing for new contracts they showed no passion . Cannot understand why we play unfit players. Grant looked a shadow of himself and if he is injured why play him why not start with King. There are options. hope we dont lay down and die now the play offs have drifted almost out of sight.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 08:07   #43

I was on the clayton end last night,94 mins of torture,only 2 things stood out,Kempson by far the best player,he deserved the man of the match,and the ultras who sang their hearts out.Why wasn't chris turner played from the start or at least brought on in the second half.Burton were poor but their back row gobbled up anything that was thrown at them,****e officials didn't help either.On the whole a thoroughly terrible day at the office.Strange how heading towards the final hurdle and the horse seems to be refusing to jump the last fence so to speak.Sadly the play offs are slipping away from accy,but a good season on the whole.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 09:02   #44

Bloody hell there aint half some drama queens about. We win the game in hand we are two points from the play off spots with 9 games to go. Just going by th fact that the play off pack will play each other in those 9 games dictates that points will be dropped by all teams. To be honest I don't really care if we make the playoffs, I don't think we are a play off quality side but we did have a hot streak and it has given us a great chance - to write us off now would be madness.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 09:08   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

disagree sam, think stanley are good enough to reach play-offs, n as fer not caring if they reach em, thats stupid, the cash generated by em would be a great help, think they will just fail to reach em though now, due to squad size, if they aint good enough NAME 7 sides ya have seen better this season? i can only see 1.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..