Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 06:25   #46
God Member

Re: Terry Gornell - Joined Shrewsbury

That quote from Joe makes it sound as if he didn't even think about considering our offer although things in print don't always come accross how they were said or meant
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2011, 07:14   #47
Senior Member+

So in footballing terms he just cared about bettering himself with the better facilities and ground they had! Alot of called off games last season and changing training grounds was probably the most catalyst of why players have buggered off , oh and the fact of probably getting payed late every month. Fair play to him , wasn't about the money , just wanted to go to a club that looked like they were going to achieve something

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:18   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
So in footballing terms he just cared about bettering himself with the better facilities and ground they had! Alot of called off games last season and changing training grounds was probably the most catalyst of why players have buggered off , oh and the fact of probably getting payed late every month. Fair play to him , wasn't about the money , just wanted to go to a club that looked like they were going to achieve something
Call me cynical, but although you are right in the terms of late payments, training facilities and the ground, don't let that cloud your judgement, if someone offered you a couple of hundred quid a week more than you were getting now, wouldn't you move? I would!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:54   #49
God Member

been there done that - went back to the crapper wage!!!!!! learn my lesson? no, I've changed jobs three times in the last 4 weeks!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:54   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post

So Shrewsbury had all those facilities better than Stanley last season, no wonder they got promoted............................ oh hang on they didn't they
Old 08-07-2011, 13:31   #51
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
So Shrewsbury had all those facilities better than Stanley last season, no wonder they got promoted............................ oh hang on they didn't they
Well said Dave,hes move to a club which is closser to his home land and nearer to his family me thinks.To not even have a meeting over his contract and money involved beat's the hell out of me,Disrespctful to club and manager
Old 08-07-2011, 14:10   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Well said Dave,hes move to a club which is closser to his home land and nearer to his family me thinks.To not even have a meeting over his contract and money involved beat's the hell out of me,Disrespctful to club and manager
that can be said about most who have gone in my view, no respect shown to club or management, it costs sod all to keep em in the loop, they deserve it fer the work they put into em, crowd favorites or not, think its disgraceful, n if i'm right then good riddance to em.
Old 08-07-2011, 14:25   #53
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that can be said about most who have gone in my view, no respect shown to club or management, it costs sod all to keep em in the loop, they deserve it fer the work they put into em, crowd favorites or not, think its disgraceful, n if i'm right then good riddance to em.
To be fair to Phil Edwards leaving i think im right in saying that Stevenage's manager spoke to JC first who then let Phil know that Stevenage were intrested in him.Not sure about Jimmy Ryan move tho.
Old 08-07-2011, 16:32   #54
Senior Member+

Jimmy texed coley soon as he knew according to the Accy ob, good interview with him

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 17:24   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It's not about that though ! It's s job , it's a place of work ! The work place I's ****e at Stanley and has low pay , at shrewsbury they have a superb workplace and a better wage! It's as simple as that!

Tbh Shrewsbury were a good side last year and deserved promotion , they probably will next season !

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..