Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2011, 09:11   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: At last an on-time Cheltenham match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Murdoch's not the only one to have done no wrong but be dropped, I felt sure Craig Lindfield must be carrying a knock to have been dropped not just to the bench but out altogether, apparently though Craig has never been fitter but despite having done a sterling job in recent games he has had to give way to other players - am I the only one to think why leave our own boys on the sidelines when the loanees in their place are no better????
No, you're not the only one!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2011, 10:13   #32
God Member

Not sure which game you were watching, Ozzy; Cheltenham the home team? I thought we dominated the play for most of the game. They had to put three men on Hatfield as they couldn't handle him. Indeed they had to put all of their men behind the ball and wait for a break for most of the game.

We played some good football today (ten times better than against Swindon) and deserved a point. But the only way we could've achieved that was through a goalless draw as we lacked the all-important final ball and failed to turn our dominance into goals. If you don't do this, the likelihood of the opposition catching that break increases and that's what they got. A ridiculous, hideous, shambolic gift of a goal. Same old story.

I hate to make the same old point week in, week out but if we change our system and open up our play, it offers more optimistic chances at goal. The more chances you have, the more likely you are to score. Simples.

I'd just like to add that I saw the first real performance from Kevin McIntyre yesterday. Got lucky with their penalty shout late on but had a good game.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 10:24   #33

Seen stanley play alot worse, just didnt create anythin at all, i think that late shot by i think it was proccy was the only shot on target, which when your the home team and in need of some points is a shambles

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 12:20   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Not sure which game you were watching, Ozzy; Cheltenham the home team? I thought we dominated the play for most of the game. They had to put three men on Hatfield as they couldn't handle him. Indeed they had to put all of their men behind the ball and wait for a break for most of the game.

We played some good football today (ten times better than against Swindon) and deserved a point. But the only way we could've achieved that was through a goalless draw as we lacked the all-important final ball and failed to turn our dominance into goals. If you don't do this, the likelihood of the opposition catching that break increases and that's what they got. A ridiculous, hideous, shambolic gift of a goal. Same old story.

I hate to make the same old point week in, week out but if we change our system and open up our play, it offers more optimistic chances at goal. The more chances you have, the more likely you are to score. Simples.

I'd just like to add that I saw the first real performance from Kevin McIntyre yesterday. Got lucky with their penalty shout late on but had a good game.
Sum it up really.

I almost didn't bother treking after for the game last night but was glad I went even if I did end up having to find my way through the arse end of Manchester on the way home afterwards because a stretch of the M60 was closed.

First half was the best I've seen us play all season. Spray if we can keep hold of him will come good trust me, he's got strength and pace but he is looking for the ball over the top all the time(probably with coming from Wolves) give him a few games with the likes of Hatfield, Coid, Barnett behind him and his game should adapt, he's got the strength and determination to fill the role of Gornell holding the ball up and laying it off for the creative players behind him. Loved the way he was chasing their defenders and won the ball off the on more than one occasion.

Huge change yesterday, dominated a team will realistic hopes of automatic promotion, if we keep playing like we did for the majority of yesterday, the goals will come.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 12:42   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Sum it up really.

I almost didn't bother treking after for the game last night but was glad I went even if I did end up having to find my way through the arse end of Manchester on the way home afterwards because a stretch of the M60 was closed.

First half was the best I've seen us play all season. Spray if we can keep hold of him will come good trust me, he's got strength and pace but he is looking for the ball over the top all the time(probably with coming from Wolves) give him a few games with the likes of Hatfield, Coid, Barnett behind him and his game should adapt, he's got the strength and determination to fill the role of Gornell holding the ball up and laying it off for the creative players behind him. Loved the way he was chasing their defenders and won the ball off the on more than one occasion.

Huge change yesterday, dominated a team will realistic hopes of automatic promotion, if we keep playing like we did for the majority of yesterday, the goals will come.
Have to agree wi SamF, whilst i was disappointed,certainly wasn't despondant.
Old 23-10-2011, 17:42   #36
Senior Member+

Now the dust has settled i thought Acci could draw a few positives from the game.Except for the goal,i thought we defended well and pressed the ball.
Last season,the basic game plan was to aim for clean sheets,using two holding players in midfield,and letting the forward three mids and cf to go and win the game.
That is were the problem is occuring,as we have lost last seasons quality players/goals,and the young replacements/loanees have big boots to fill.
This, coupled with a lack of confidence is effecting us,but there are some positive signs,so i am not worried ( at the moment!!)
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2011, 17:44   #37
God Member

The highlights are now on the BBC website, unfortunately leaves the offside issue inconclusive
Old 23-10-2011, 18:38   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The highlights are now on the BBC website, unfortunately leaves the offside issue inconclusive
That may well have been n irrelevant factor if "Dunsaving" hadn't gone walkabout.
Old 24-10-2011, 09:03   #39
Resting In Peace

How many more points is that clown Dunbavin going to cost us before he goes walkabout out of the door ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 17:32   #40

To be fair if we can start scoring goals then there goal is irrelevant. Is Murdoch injured?
stanley2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 17:36   #41
Senior Member+

No, he is on the bench and fully fit
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 17:40   #42

Thanks smudgie. What about Coid or Lindfield? I have always been a fan of coid and dont understand why he doesnt play.
stanley2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 18:17   #43
Senior Member+

Coid has been struggling with a tight hamstring , massive shame as he is class.

As for Craig, just out of favour I think.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 18:17   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Coid came on,on Friday night, Linfield its got me beat?, he didn't perform badly in his last appearances.
Old 25-10-2011, 10:12   #45
Senior Member+

Think the problem with Craig is hes a centre forward who will run the channels all day,nice touch,good fitness,but is a stone too light for this standard of football.
Apparantly,no matter what he eats,he never puts weight on (wish I had that problem)
He maybe one of those players who fill out in there mid-twenties or something.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..