Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2012, 21:23   #31

Re: York City Match Thread........

Saturday could be a pivotal point in the season. Dropping down the table like a stone and a winnable game at home for sure. Won't fancy going to fylde on the back of 5 straight defeats. Sounds like the lads put in a decent shift, so lets get behind the boys on Saturday and get back to winning ways.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2012, 21:29   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Fer my money,York deserved the 3 pts, Quicker to the ball n close down, 3-0 would not have been unfair, But fer my favourite keeper it would have been,He made 2 class saves n deserved MoM, Think were crying out fer n experienced head in midfield who commands n gives our kids the confidence, The form report tonight = Must do Better.
Old 23-10-2012, 21:33   #33

Brian Hughes? Where did he end up?
Old 23-10-2012, 21:41   #34

I can see from your earlier posts that you've heard the rumour?
It's looking more than a rumour from our end and somethings happening. I hope we aren't appointing a guy on the back of one game and we've done our homework here.
By the way, the plaudits from Spireites (including myself) for that game at our place where we somehow managed to win are wide spread. Superb football to watch.
Spireite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 21:47   #35

Where did the rumour start spireite? Reliable source or local rag with nowt else to print?
Old 23-10-2012, 22:04   #36
Senior Member+

Second best all over the park.They had too many good experienced pros and were more aggressive than us,together with being a yard quicker.
We really don't have a ball winner or a forward who can hold the ball up.
They were very well organised and to be fair,I couldn't see any of our team getting in there's.
When you get on a bad run,the younger lads look for leaders,both vocally and work rate,I am afraid I just can't see or hear it.
I never thought I would see an acci team with such little desire,worrying times.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 22:05   #37

Paul Walker.

When we scored tonight half the team ran over to the stand-in manager to thank him and at the final whistle he stayed on to shake every one of our players hands, which was very unusual after a home defeat.
The rumours were also all over the ground tonight as well and Paul Walker's tweeted again tonight that we are to announce your man tomorrow.

No definate facts, though even if it's not Cook, somethings happening at our end and not before time (we can't carry on like this with a temp in charge and no leader).
Spireite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 22:12   #38
Senior Member+

One major word EMBARASSING. Second to every ball , lacked commitment , effort , knowledge and passion about the whole football game! How can you expect to increase home crowds with performances like this?! Everyone looked so tired from a pathetic performance against Oxford! Why is this? As we seemed to do nothing! We should be winning games like this as York were nothing special at all and were limited to pot shots! I don't think there keeper had a shot on goal to save in the second half! For a home attacking team is this acceptable!?

Yes Paul cook is the accrington man , he brings honesty and also a great wealth of experience and knowledge but his tactics are woeful at the minute and especially tonight!! 1-0 down and bring on toto !?!

At the minute I couldn't careless if he went to chesterfield as its really not worked for the last 5 games! Players etc are all over the place!

He should explain himself and the players as to pay £18 to watch yet ****e it's really not on!

Book up cooky!!

And please at least show appreciation for the fans! With crap football and no attacking hardly at all tonight the Clayton end were loud , strong and proud yet you never even acknowledged the fans !!!! Disrespect .

I have trust but with going more or less every home and away game I am starting to get at that end of my tether!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 22:21   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have to agree wi fcstanley about the introduction of Toto, about 10 mins to go,1-0 down, Whats that all about?
Old 23-10-2012, 22:28   #40

I've never known it take so long to get a post-match interview on the fishy site. Could it be that Cooky is in the car on the way to Chesterfield? In my heart I don't want him to go but right now I don't see him doing anything worthwhile for us. We're not holding a formation, we're second to every ball, we can't pass, we can't tackle and we can't run. I look back at the journeys home from Southend and Cheltenham and just don't understand how it can all be going so badly wrong. Let's get Gray back from his loan deal and put him on the park with Eckersley. To play these two players of ours must be worth trying when you look at how we are playing.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 07:14   #41
Senior Member+

I cant believe how quickly things have changed. Wimbledon away the other week we where fantastic for 80 minutes, we could have won 4-1 that day.

Are all the loan players to blame, I really dont know the answer.

One thing I do know I that the next 2 games are absolutely massive.

Two wins and this will be seen as a blip, two losses and somethings will need looking at.
We also have to be realists, avoiding relegation is ALWAYS the target. Anything more is a bonus.

Looking at the league table its Unbelievablay tight.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 07:33   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I cant believe how quickly things have changed. Wimbledon away the other week we where fantastic for 80 minutes, we could have won 4-1 that day.

Are all the loan players to blame, I really dont know the answer.

One thing I do know I that the next 2 games are absolutely massive.

Two wins and this will be seen as a blip, two losses and somethings will need looking at.
We also have to be realists, avoiding relegation is ALWAYS the target. Anything more is a bonus.

Looking at the league table its Unbelievablay tight.
I agree ,but last night was massively better than Saturdays debacle,by dropping most of the loan players we did play better not brilliant but better.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 07:44   #43
God Member

For what it's worth I think some of the reactions on here are a bit over the top, yes it was disappointing to lose again but on the whole it was a good deal better than Saturday & had we held on & managed to get a point out of the game (Bavs played a blinder & really didn't deserve to have a goal against him - fully deserved his motm) would we have still had these knee jerk reactions posted on here?
Agree with some of what F19 says, they were more organised & were bigger & stronger than us so we got out-muscled a lot of the time, can't blame the ref but he didn't help matters - it's a wonder he didn't get repetitive strain injury to the arm which always seemed to point out decisions in York's favour - they suckered him in time after time.
Cannot agree with those who aren't bothered if Cooky goes, for goodness sake - give the man time, remember he's still learning too & I think him & Leam will see us out of this blip - get behind them (incidentally it's not 18 quid to get in & even if it was I don't think it's Cook who sets the price)!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 08:02   #44

Fact is that someting needs to be done quick - I am not advocating a change at the top, but if my calcuations are correct, Paul Cook has been in charge for 33 Games.

8 Wins, 7 Draws and 18 Defeats.

We have 33 League games remaining and on this form we would get another 31 points to add to the 17 we already have makes 48.

Not sure this would be enough to stay up.

Agree 100% with Smudgie - Next two games are Massive.

Keeping the faith for now, but I witnessed Rochdale,Torquay and Oxford games - last two were the worst performances I have seen since we got back in the league.
Old 24-10-2012, 08:09   #45
God Member

18 losses
7 draws
8 wins

34 goals for
57 against.

Why would they want him?
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..