Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2013, 18:43   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Cheltenham Town Match Thread......

The fact we have had no shots on target in the last 2 games says it all...

The upfront situation is a joke and except from Danny webber the players we have are conference players at most !!
Joyce should not be playing or captain , he can't pass forward and is a player who is letting the team down!
Richardson is not a starter for a league 2 club and was dreadful today !

The club need to invest in some football league players or were going to be lingering in the bottom 3 for most of the season !

No pride or passion today , which is also shown by James Beattie who I think his feet are glued to the middle between the sun seats and the touch line.

Bad crowd and its only going to get worse with games like that...
Tommy McQueen, ianray and johnc like this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2013, 18:45   #32
God Member

Never 1200 on gate today unless someone counted us going in a back out again.... :/
Old 24-08-2013, 18:54   #33

Re: Re: Cheltenham Town Match Thread......

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
Never 1200 on gate today unless someone counted us going in a back out again.... :/
Thank god ... No ****** who turned up today for the first time would show up again
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 19:54   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Their goal came from a free kick that should not have been awarded, 1200 attendance, poor value for money. Not much up front for Stanley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post

Never a free kick for their goal.
Must have been me that was sat to close to the incident to see the 2 footed tackle
Old 24-08-2013, 22:29   #35
God Member

The free kick given before the goal was not a foul. Peter Murphy got the ball with a good tackle and the referee had a perfect view. Only the referee will know why he blew. That does not excuse the terrible defending for the goal. Joyce lost his man and Atkinson was caught between two - a moment that summed up a side lacking mental strength.

What I saw today was a highly disorganised team. Naismith and McCartan didn't know where they were meant to be, which is not surprising as they have less than 300 minutes' Football League experience between them.

Our weakness is epitomised by starting a young loanee with no experience (M. Richardson) in the most important area of the field (centre mid). This lad does not contribute to the team in the slightest (certainly no more than Luke Clark can offer).

Beattie is facing early challenges and will have to right them soon. He can start with bringing in Winnard for Atkinson.

Thought Wilson was MOTM but needs more encouragement to get forward if he's to become a forward player.
Redash and ianray like this.

Last edited by shakermaker; 24-08-2013 at 22:32.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 22:34   #36
bdc

People can blame the ref for one bad decision but that doesn't mean it was the reason we lost. The main reason we lost was because our performance wasn't good enough. Our central midfield was completely bypassed for large chunks of the game and I don't understand why we didn't play Winnard at right back and keep Pete in central midfield or even give Luke Clark a chance. I also think Marcus should've started up front instead of Shay. Carver is fully deserving of a chance in front of Shay.

We could only get 6 on the bench too, at this stage of the season it has to worrying to JB that he is short on numbers already. Will the board give him a bit of money to recruit a couple of loans to help with numbers? It's already shaping up to be a long season and I think it will be more of a struggle this time and we may end up propping the table up for a while yet. I think fans would take defeats if performances were honest and players gave 100%, today we were lacking in all departments.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 00:47   #37
Full Member+

A very disappointing result,and performance. Does JB know how to make players believe in their abilities like JC could do?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 04:17   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Joyce not up to much again?
Up to today i've never liked Luke Joyce because of his continual back passing and putting our defenders under presure..... Today for me he worked hard got stuck in at times and maybe had his best game ..... M. Richardson a young guy needs to put a stone on and come back in another year no doubt he has the skill but gets knocked of the ball far too easy .... The behind the scenes BETTING is doing this club no favours . once again untill we get a CHAIRMAN who lives within easy reach of ACCRINTON i don' think things behind the scenes will improve .... LETS ALL KEEP BEHIND JAMES BEATTIE 100% ......and ON STANLEY ON....
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 08:47   #39
Senior Member+

Ian,
I hate to break it to you but where the chairman lives has no effect on the running of the club.

I said I wouldnt publicaly judge James Beattie as a manager until 10 league games had passed.
I think its important all the fans give him 10 games.

I do wish he would re-register himself as a player, we could do with his quality and leadership on the pitch.
There have some good examples of strikers who have been getting on in age, who have re-invented themselves as central midfielders.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 09:35   #40
Senior Member+

JBs always had a great touch,but his legs went years ago,and you get found out at this level
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 12:07   #41
God Member

Probably right, F19 , but from the posts on here it sounds as though the young lands up front are being found out. Is it true, no shots on target over 180 minutes of football?
Tough times, will sort the wheat from the chaff.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 14:46   #42
Senior Member+

My first game on after returning from hols.
After the game settled down at about 10 minutes into the first half I thought we went on and played some reasonable attacking football down the left via Wilson for most of the next 30 minutes or so up to half time. Cheltenham seemed to be there for the taking.
After half time Cheltenham straight away set about our midfield where we were found to be severely lacking. Aldred was playing well at the back under this pressure but our midfield was very poor in general. It was only a matter of time before the pressure told, and a highly debatable free kick award against Murphy for what looked to me like the best tackle of the match led to their goal, which was also down to poor defending by one of our midfield players. Bavs didn't really have a chance as I think the shot took a slight deflection too.
The bulk of our squad to me look like they have the potential to develop into a good unit with the exception of the midfield selected yesterday. We need to sign a couple of strong, combative midfield guys who can dictate play and who can also chip in with some goals. Sounds easy eh! I am sure that James Beattie will be on the look out for players who can improve the team.
It is early days yet. Keep the faith. We just like to make life difficult for ourselves!
Be just like us to beat Cardiff on wednesday!
ON STANLEY ON
DAV007 and Chubbyman like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 19:14   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Ian,
I hate to break it to you but where the chairman lives has no effect on the running of the club.

I said I wouldnt publicaly judge James Beattie as a manager until 10 league games had passed.
I think its important all the fans give him 10 games.

I do wish he would re-register himself as a player, we could do with his quality and leadership on the pitch.
There have some good examples of strikers who have been getting on in age, who have re-invented themselves as central midfielders.
Re; where the chairman lives YOU have your opinion and i have mine .... I agree love to see JAMES BEATTIE playing again he is still registerd as player so theres no probs there, the goals he scored last season were all gems and kept us up along with other goals by L.M..... Nobody's judging JAMES as a manager but certain players are not playing as well as they did in pre season against OLDHAM and EVERTON i'd like to know why?..... JAMES BEATTIE and DANNY WEBBER would be AWESOME up front..... once again only my opinion for what its worth ....
DAV007 likes this.
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 20:08   #44
God Member

Jeffers and Webber would be awesome, two clever players who might understand each other.

Swallow the pride BT and go back with another offer to the big eared one
ianray likes this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 20:33   #45
Senior Member+

The problem with bringing Jeffers back is he's been running his mouth out twitter about how he's getting on with his coaching badges and the job that should have been his over the summer could soon be on the horizon. Also he tweeted after the Newport game that his phone should be ringing that day if we wanted to stay in the league. By all accounts he been making a few tweets aimed in Beats direction since the start of the season and basically making himself look a big headed twonk!

I think he could do a job for us but his attitude is awful. Seems he's happy to sit on his butt and make barbed comments rather than play.
cashman and Chubbyman like this.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..