Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2013, 19:28   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Rochdale Game

At the risk of being accused of over-indulging in my long-time obsession with the lack of quality in Stanley's midfield:-
I had a conversation with my next door neighbour over the garden fence this afternoon. Hi Dave,says I, Didn't see you at Stanley yesterday. No, says he. How long can the present situation last with the boss? I've only seen one game this season. he went on, and I thought Stanley did quite well against Portsmouth, but the midfield was terrible. Never put enough pressure on the the other team in possession, or going forward, and the play passed them by most of the time.

Now, if he can see this on the day Murph scored 2, and Joyce had a half decent game by his standards, I dread to imagine what he would think if he had witnessed what most of us have so far this season.
I rest my case, but have to confess I don't have a ready answer for our no.1 problem.
cashman, smobile and DarwenRed like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2013, 20:19   #32
God Member

Firstly the sending off yesterday was shameful a 50/50 ball and never a sending off don't like to see that sort of thing in game neither the business with the corner flag.

Got to stop shooting ourselves in the foot I was expecting gusto from the kick off but that came from Dale 2-0 within the first 13 minutes left us a mountain to climb however when we pulled one back (we were in line and it was offside so we do get decisions from officials as well as the sending off) we started to turn the screw and the end of the first off probably came at the wrong time for Stanley.

Being down to ten men should have given Stanley the chance to stretch them but we struggled to break them down once or twice going close but they probably looked the more dangerous on the break.

Yesterday really was three points missed the only thing that is going for us at the moment is we are not yet cut adrift at the bottom because it is harder and harder to see where a win is coming from.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 21:43   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
One item of concern that gets overlooked is leadership, we dont have any leaders.
I dont see why Beattie doesnt give the captains armband to winnard or aldred?
I'd like to see Hunt as captain,failing that Aldred. Just cannot understand Joyce he's no leader, not vocal and couldn't inspire ---- --- !!!
Redraine, DAV007 and DarwenRed like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 21:51   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Well I am now going to put in my 2`pennies. What I saw was a team who should have been camped in the Dale box in the 2nd half yet were too busy passing it around the back 4. How Connor Whickham got MOM I will never know. Lee Naylor for me had the best game by a Stanley player and gets subbed. Why? The final 2 subs stunk of desperation to me. They should have been brought on midway through the 2nd half at the very latest. I personally would have taken McCartan and Whickham or Naismith off as they were too lightweight when attempting to try running passed defenders. For me Gray, Hatfield should hve started. Get Carver back from his loan spell, at least he is a goal scorer at this level. Unless things change very quickly, I fear it may be thanks, but no thanks Mr Beattie (and yet I really want(ed) him to succeed).
Lee Naylor played well but their no7 beat him in the air every time,but an inspiration all the same,the reason he got subbed should have been patently obvious he was totally knackered and cramping up,but a couple more weeks and he'll be up to full steam !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 07:18   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
I'd like to see Hunt as captain,failing that Aldred. Just cannot understand Joyce he's no leader, not vocal and couldn't inspire ---- --- !!!
Wasn't Hunt captain before his recent injury? I'm sure Joyce is a nice guy but that may well be why he isn't the best choice for captain under the present circumstances.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 10:32   #36
Senior Member+

Just read all the replies and agree with many comments. Give credit to Rochdale though for their second half performance as they clearly had a plan to allow us lots of possession but only in our own half. They played with a solid back four and a bank of five sitting just inside their own half. Coupled with the lack of creativity and lack of penetration from our midfield this made for a second half stalemate. Also their players had really good ball skills when in possession and stopped us from getting the ball and they also looked dangerous waltzing through our midfield on the break.
I have said before on previous posts and others are saying it here...We need a couple of midfield players with some creativity and physicality.
For me Aldred should be captain as he is so courageous and sets a superb example. I thought that the new signings made a big difference especially the left back Naylor who will be even better when he gets fully match fit.
Kayode will score goals for us but we need the other forwards to get closer to him in order to feed off the ball that he wins frequently.
Yes it is backs to the wall stuff now, and just to remind some folks, that JB just has no money or other stuff to tempt significantly better players to the club. He has to manage by trying those younger guys in the squad now and by getting some experienced guys to extend their playing careers a bit longer.
We must KEEP THE FAITH and continue to support JB and whatever players he is able to pick for the team.
The referee was a numpty, and he has been so bad before at Stanley, but he wasn't the reason we lost, he seemed to be there just to mystify us!!!
Finally, when will the luck run for us? They say a team makes their own luck and that luck evens itself out over a season....Well we must be overdue and our storage bubble of luck must be bursting at the seams.
I thought the fans in the Clayton end were great once again and both my daughter and I went home absolutely hoarse from our efforts!
Come on......KEEP THE FAITH, THE TIDE WILL TURN AND STANLEY WILL MAKE HISTORY ONCE AGAIN WITH A MAGNIFICENT "GREAT ESCAPE"
BELIEVE
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 00:20   #37
Junior Member+

i`d love to know what this plan that beattie has because from what i saw on sat it aint working all we are doing is passing the ball sideways noibody wants to run with the ball and as for shooting dont think they have got to that page yet think this season we are gonna set a record for going the whole season without a league win unless there are some changes
chippo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..