Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2014, 09:41   #61
God Member

Re: Bristol Rovers Away Thread

Still recovering from one of the best birthday presents I've had.
If it had been a Hollywood film, or JB was a Premier league 'director of football', everyone could have understood that it was all meant to be that way. Stanley allow The Gas the free run of their pitch, concede every loose ball, etc, etc and then, with 10 minutes to go, bring on Messrs Molyneux and Webber, the former chips a ball into the box from the left to the latter, who 'sets up' the killer strike from the Murph!
The best trick was to erect the invisible force field around Mr. Bettenelli's goal. Only 17 shots from Bristol? Sorry Chubbymam, I was watching the same game as Revived Red and at times it was like a fairground shooting gallery for them. But, like at many fairgrounds, the gun sights were dodgy. Despite the long range barrage, I think Mr.Betenelli only had a couple of easy saves to make.
The pitch didn't help (it didn't look that bad but I think it was a bit tricky to keep your feet and/or control of the ball) and the Stanley players gave their all but none of them had a 'good' game. Mingoia did cover a lot of ground but in the first half he barely got a touch. Naismith was bottled up by their left back. Kayode was pushed and pulled as ever and was very lucky not to get another red card for throwing an elbow in frustration late on. Mr. Bowerman did a lot of running and hassling but little came of it. The back four certainly earned their corn, And Hunt and Wilson got forward a few times, with Wilson firing one dangerous low ball right across their goal in the second half. In the middle of the pitch Messrs Murphy and Joyce were simply outnumbered and swamped, and could do little about it.
But then, around 70 minutes, as the blue and white quartered onslaught reached fever pitch and the 6,000 Brizzle fans roared on their team, it all became clear that they were never going to score, that it was a cunning plan devised by JB and his team. All that was needed now was for the magician's Wand to be waved. So on came the subs and, as if to test the nerves of the Stanley Few, the final act in the greatest escape since Stalag Luft III was timed to perfection.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2014, 10:31   #62
Senior Member+

Some thoughts from the Bristol Rovers forum:

We dominated vast amounts of the game but credit to Accrington, as poor as they were, they really got their tactics spot on.

Lets all be honest. We have just lost to a team with probably half the resources we have if that.

Make no mistake, they were a dreadful team full of lacklustre pros, one of the worst I've ever seen at this level, we didn't force a single decent save from their keeper and they have taken 6 points off of us.

Accrington Stanley were possibly one of the worst teams I have seen.

Stanley were poor and offered nothing but what they did do was stick it in the net.

Accrington were laughable and we lost!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 12:06   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Some thoughts from the Bristol Rovers forum:

We dominated vast amounts of the game but credit to Accrington, as poor as they were, they really got their tactics spot on.

Lets all be honest. We have just lost to a team with probably half the resources we have if that.

Make no mistake, they were a dreadful team full of lacklustre pros, one of the worst I've ever seen at this level, we didn't force a single decent save from their keeper and they have taken 6 points off of us.

Accrington Stanley were possibly one of the worst teams I have seen.

Stanley were poor and offered nothing but what they did do was stick it in the net.

Accrington were laughable and we lost!
I absolutely agree with their totally unbiased opinions.Correct me if I am wrong but did we not win and are we not higher in the league.who had the most shots on target?
Outback Ozzy and Redraine like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 12:08   #64
Senior Member+

Plus I had a much more enjoyable journey home!
Old 29-01-2014, 12:42   #65
God Member

I understand that Gloucestershire Police are offering Victim Support counselling services to any Gas fan.
FrankMoody likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 13:02   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I understand that Gloucestershire Police are offering Victim Support counselling services to any Gas fan.
Perhaps it would have been advisable for the Samaritans to be in attendance to pass their cards out as they did at Cheltenham.
Old 29-01-2014, 13:10   #67
Senior Member+

The team travelled down on the day of the game and believe me it makes it difficult,that's why I didn't fancy us.
Not knowing if the games on also has an effect,so that taken into consideration,the three points gained was a real bonus.
When you pay with two forwards and two wide men you run the risk of being dominated,but it seems to work for us,don't know why,but it does
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 13:35   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

It seems to work fer Man City also that formation?
Old 29-01-2014, 14:13   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
I absolutely agree with their totally unbiased opinions.Correct me if I am wrong but did we not win and are we not higher in the league.who had the most shots on target?
Probably as unbiased as yours. Read the comments again. Of the six, four note that we won and another praises our tactics. And if you care to read my original comment, you will read "ultimately, that's all the matters. The 3 points are ours."
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 14:27   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Probably as unbiased as yours. Read the comments again. Of the six, four note that we won and another praises our tactics. And if you care to read my original comment, you will read "ultimately, that's all the matters. The 3 points are ours."
Be nice, we won!!
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 29-01-2014, 14:48   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Reading the Bristol Forum,seems another teams fans want the Manager out,after Stanley have beaten em!!:
Old 29-01-2014, 14:52   #72

Agree with lots of the above that we were poor last night, we didn't deserve to win but who cares, how many times did we play well at the beginning of the season and got ziltch out of the game.

I would maybe freshen the team up for Saturday mind I think there's a few players who deserve a 'rest'!! For the record IMO worst I've seen big Kay play, Bowerman non existent, Naismith put in his usual away performance, Mingoia huffed and puffed to no effect and Hunty was given the runaround.

Bring on Saturday for another undeserved/lucky 3 points haha
cashman, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 15:31   #73
Senior Member+

Playing crap and winning is the sign of a good team
Outback Ozzy likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 15:44   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Playing crap and winning is the sign of a good team
Agree even Man U won a do last night.
Old 29-01-2014, 15:59   #75
Full Member+

Stanley sparked the gas!!

Love it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..