Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2014, 16:13   #76

Talking Re: Bristol Rovers Away Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Murph has scored 1 more than Van Persie this season.
van Murphy eh ? sounds good to me !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2014, 16:52   #77
Senior Member+

Re: Bristol Rovers Away Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Some thoughts from the Bristol Rovers forum:

We dominated vast amounts of the game but credit to Accrington, as poor as they were, they really got their tactics spot on.

Lets all be honest. We have just lost to a team with probably half the resources we have if that.

Make no mistake, they were a dreadful team full of lacklustre pros, one of the worst I've ever seen at this level, we didn't force a single decent save from their keeper and they have taken 6 points off of us.

Accrington Stanley were possibly one of the worst teams I have seen.

Stanley were poor and offered nothing but what they did do was stick it in the net.

Accrington were laughable and we lost!
They may say we are "dreadful" "awful" and "The worst team they have ever played" but maybe 'Gas' fans should look at their own team, beaten by "the worst team in the football league". I don't think so, that would be Northampton who are bottom by a margin. Just to enlighten 'Gas' Fans, when you have a team who have a shooting ratio of 1 in 9.5 shots on target compared with Stanley's 72% shots on target ratio, then you don't deserve to win, end of. Seems to me [although I wasn't there] that the defence and goalkeeper of Bristol Rovers were the busiest last night.
Chubbyman likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 18:06   #78

Based on those highlights, marcus had a very quiet night. Bring on Morecambe.
Outback Ozzy and cashman like this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 18:14   #79
Senior Member+

Peter Murphy a full back transformed into a striker maybe a hint of Malcolm Macdonald
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2014, 18:17   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What a well worked goal,also well taken.
MikeA likes this.
Old 29-01-2014, 20:27   #81
Senior Member+

This goal was scored by the worst team ever to visit Bristol,just imagine what the goals are like from the top teams!!!!!No wonder they're nicknamed the GAS!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 02:09   #82
Full Member+

Quote:

We dominated vast amounts of the game but credit to Accrington, as poor as they were, they really got their tactics spot on.

Lets all be honest. We have just lost to a team with probably half the resources we have if that.

Make no mistake, they were a dreadful team full of lacklustre pros, one of the worst I've ever seen at this level, we didn't force a single decent save from their keeper and they have taken 6 points off of us.

Stanley were poor and offered nothing but what they did do was stick it in the net.

Gracious in defeat i see(!)
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 07:36   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Peter Murphy a full back transformed into a striker maybe a hint of Malcolm Macdonald
He reminds me a bit more of Fred Pickering at t'Rovers who converted from full back and went on to play CF for Everton and England. Not as pacy as Macdonald, but deadly round the box.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 09:17   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:

Seems like the whole of League 2 is awash with the juice from sour grapes AND the tears of disappointed and disgruntled fans from clubs who cannot quite appreciate the fighting qualities existing in our current squad !.
It also appears that there exists in RR 's part of the world that unsporting attitude which doesn't allow opposing fans to give a little credit to a team that has just taken three points off their side......a trait which is never apparent on our Forum !.
The Shrimps will be the next lot to moan , and THEY can do it !.
Looking forward in eager anticipation !....and Redraine..stay cool !...get well !.....and see you soon !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 12:47   #85
Senior Member+

BRILLIANTCOVERAGE.
LAUGHED ME SOCKS OFF WHEN MURPH SMACKED IT IN THE NET!!!
HO HO HO !!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 15:35   #86
Senior Member+

Moly > Webber > Murphy ( Moly & Webber both subs) , looks like an inspired change to me

Great goal.
cashman likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 15:44   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Moly > Webber > Murphy ( Moly & Webber both subs) , looks like an inspired change to me

Great goal.
Would love to see those two start together on sat.
Old 30-01-2014, 15:45   #88
Senior Member+

Mole for sure..... as for Webber, my personal view he is far better coming off the bench.

We will see on Saturday I guess.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 16:39   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would love to see those two start together on sat.
I wouldn't put any money on that, but we'll see!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..