Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2014, 11:02   #9406
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Interesting place -like the look of the harbour and especially that steam-boat.
Especially that steam boat..
mobertol likes this.
Old 08-09-2014, 16:58   #9407

A few snaps from this weekend. The weather had changed from 30 degree heat and nasty humidity on Friday to a nice sunny crisp day on Saturday - after some pretty dramatic storms. The farmers market was in full swing in my little town. I also passed a field full of flowers - I must go back there for a proper look soon. Not so sure about the fries, though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Market day.jpg (82.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg market meeting.jpg (88.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Pretty flowers.jpg (120.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Glads.jpg (112.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Watching the master.jpg (101.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Hard to decide.jpg (420.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Last Peaches.jpg (101.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Field of flowers.jpg (454.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Flies on the fries.jpg (106.9 KB, 6 views)
shillelagh, Eric, mobertol and 6 others like this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 17:27   #9408
Senior Member+

I often wondered what the green light was below the Accrington wind turbines so I went up with the camera, still with the long lens, and popped a few shots off through the car window.
A quick shot through the other window and there was Great Harwood, no sign of Oswaldtwistle in the valley.
Just so you won't think I had given up on the infra red camera I took it with me and shot a couple of frames, I am still learning but I think they look a bit spooky.

I suppose you more agile people will have been closer to the building with the numbers on, if so what do they refer to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_3656.JPG (389.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3653.jpg (358.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0011.jpg (197.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0001.jpg (290.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-09-2014, 17:39   #9409
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

looks like you got a young Belgian (Malinois) in pic 5 Dotti & Gremlin your IR pics I like, can't say why but I just do. As to those green numbers I think they're stats, e.g. how much power generated & suchlike.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 08-09-2014 at 17:42.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 17:48   #9410
Senior Member+

You are probably right DiG, the top number was changing every few seconds so I guess that's the power being drawn from the station.
The IR is just a bit of a novelty and a way to further my knowledge of photography.
There are some photos people post that are so weird through manipulation that I thought my IR would be accepted.
Old 08-09-2014, 18:20   #9411
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Father dear & Bev are over again so it's time for a family hoolly & the ubiquitous trips to the spotter regions.
Love the puppy pics

Boats are cool, too ... but I live near a lake so there's no shortage around here. Maybe, once the beer is done, I might try to locate my camera and head down there.
mobertol and DaveinGermany like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 18:23   #9412
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Not so sure about the fries, though
No problem ... go for the poutine and a couple of tube steaks.
Turtle likes this.
Old 08-09-2014, 18:26   #9413
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Made in England.
Seems like you were right after all ... the Canadian Lanc needed repairs before coming home ... must have been the Amal carbs and the Lucas, Prince of Darkness, electronics.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 08-09-2014, 19:37   #9414

Quote:
I often wondered what the green light was below the Accrington wind turbines so I went up with the camera, still with the long lens, and popped a few shots off through the car window.
A quick shot through the other window and there was Great Harwood, no sign of Oswaldtwistle in the valley.
Just so you won't think I had given up on the infra red camera I took it with me and shot a couple of frames, I am still learning but I think they look a bit spooky.

I suppose you more agile people will have been closer to the building with the numbers on, if so what do they refer to?
I really like number three. That effect would work really well for a graveyard scene, I think.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 20:20   #9415
God Member

Quote:
A few snaps from this weekend. The weather had changed from 30 degree heat and nasty humidity on Friday to a nice sunny crisp day on Saturday - after some pretty dramatic storms. The farmers market was in full swing in my little town. I also passed a field full of flowers - I must go back there for a proper look soon. Not so sure about the fries, though
Nice colourful shots -plenty going on there...
Turtle likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 20:22   #9416
God Member

Quote:

Number three is very strange - like something from a sci-fi movie!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 20:34   #9417
Senior Member+

Quote:
I really like number three. That effect would work really well for a graveyard scene, I think.
What a good suggestion. I will put that at the top of my list of things to do.

I am very busy tomorrow but may squeeze a few minutes in between my trip to Blackburn Hospice, my trip to a care home at Barnoldwick and my trip to the Con in Read.
Turtle likes this.
Old 08-09-2014, 21:28   #9418
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, for the most part lurking in the churchyard, after bouncing off the park.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1240678.JPG (363.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg _1240685.JPG (394.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg _1240714.JPG (343.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg _1240724.JPG (467.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg _1240733.JPG (352.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg _1240751.JPG (286.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg _1240756.JPG (333.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg _1240782.JPG (354.8 KB, 3 views)
shillelagh, Eric, mobertol and 3 others like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 21:30   #9419
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Seems like you were right after all ... the Canadian Lanc needed repairs before coming home ... must have been the Amal carbs and the Lucas, Prince of Darkness, electronics.
Wrong Eric, they were only checking to make sure the bomb doors opened.
They filled the bay with our unwanted unwashed relatives of taxi drivers intending to drop them off over the icy waters around the N.Pole.

Where ever they were built it's a marvellous achievement for two old crates to still fly after 70 years, especially crossing the Atlantic as yours did.
I wonder what route they took.
Due west is Newfoundland, probably shortest distance over water. Not the best mode of transport for the passengers and driver but I bet they enjoyed every minute.
Old 08-09-2014, 21:42   #9420
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
430 were made in Canada Gremlin.
And over 130,000 air crew were trained in Canada during the war ... under the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, many of them in my spiritual (yes, I have a spiritual side) home, Saskatchewan, particularly near Mossbank and Old Wive's Lake.

British Commonwealth Air Training Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Used to farm near there ... beautiful country if you are prepared to appreciate something completely different

I love it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..