Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2014, 21:25   #9286
Beacon of light

Re: Today in pictures

I used to say that about himself...but since he got an Ipad(which I bought for him -BF) I have to be a bit circumspect........and waiting until she is asleep is a wise move......saves getting elbowed in the bread basket.
davemac and Accyexplorer like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2014, 21:30   #9287
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I used to say that about himself...but since he got an Ipad(which I bought for him -BF) I have to be a bit circumspect........and waiting until she is asleep is a wise move......saves getting elbowed in the bread basket.
I haven't ruled out the possibility that someone could read my input and tell her, although I do have a backup story, these hackers are such a menace.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 21:31   #9288
Beacon of light

Ooooh Pinnochio Mc Loughlin!
davemac likes this.
Old 30-08-2014, 22:57   #9289
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Mixing business with pleasure, after being invited again to come along to the local Hippie commune shebang, we took them up on their offer!

Early doors - The "Mini Shrooms" I suppose - As the main act was the "Magic Mushrooms" - The Beer wagon (from our firm) doing a brisk trade - Inside the psychedelic barn x3 - Outside said barn - Folks just chillin' (literally, hence the bommy!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000033(1).jpg (203.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1000037(1).jpg (141.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1000051(1).JPG (488.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1000040(1).JPG (407.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1000050(1).JPG (427.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1000045(1).jpg (164.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1000046(1).JPG (478.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1000053(1).jpg (149.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1000047(1).JPG (477.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1000056(1).JPG (370.5 KB, 7 views)
shillelagh, Eric, mobertol and 5 others like this.
Old 30-08-2014, 23:06   #9290
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I suspect that metal thingy is a sculpture
It is that Dave, we had a nosey at it last year while waiting for it to get dark before we took a trundle through the loomies at Blackpool.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:18   #9291
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It is that Dave, we had a nosey at it last year while waiting for it to get dark before we took a trundle through the loomies at Blackpool.
Since the revamp of the promenade I hadn't walked this far up, but, as she who must be obeyed had emptied my wallet and headed for the shops I took the opportunity to investigate.
As I was taking photos of it people were asking me what it was, I had to say I hadn't a clue, I will have to go when the tide is out and have a proper look.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 08:52   #9292
Beacon of light

Yes, It is a sculpture.
When I was in Lytham on a jaunt with Ma, I took the bus to Cleveleys and walked along the newly(well, it was new to ME) refurbished front......there are a few sculptures and this is one of them.
I think Cleveleys was trying to emulate those men in the sea at Formby(I think).

I liked the steps...it gave me somewhere to sit and eat my chips.......when the seagulls would leave me alone.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:58   #9293
Senior Member+

You lead a very full and exciting life Margaret.
Sat on steps eating chips, what next? Skirt tucked up bloomers and paddling in the brine.
Old 31-08-2014, 09:14   #9294
Beacon of light

Oh Russell...that would scare the hell out of the seagulls...and the holiday makers.

Yes, and there was me thinking that when I retired I would be snorkeling off the Maldives, sipping something cold and bubbly while surveying some exotic scene, dancing the tango with some snake hipped dancer(not himself - he hasn't got snake hips).......and all I get is Chips in Cleveleys!
Mind you...they were exceedingly good chips...too good to give to seagulls.
Old 31-08-2014, 10:25   #9295
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Just goggled the thing, it's called "Mary's Shell" one of a number of artyfartyfacts dotted along the coastline. Well they need something to get the dodderys out in the fresh air & stop them haranguing the youth, running them over with their zimmer frames, prodding with their walking sticks or overpopulating the tea rooms & sit down chipperys!

Mythic Coast Artwork Trail - Mythic Coast Artwork Trail - Wyre Council
Old 31-08-2014, 10:40   #9296
Beacon of light

Now son....I fit into the category of dodderers...the ones that Jeremy Paxman would have visit the Dignitas branch, that he wants in every large town(and he should remember he is in the Doddery Zone himself at 64)........although I don't have a frame or a walking stick. that is the direction I am heading...as are all of us!
Old 31-08-2014, 10:56   #9297
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Now son....I fit into the category of dodderers...
Nah, not having that Ma! You're way too wry & sprightly, gallivanting & zipping about all over the shop still. What we're talking about here are the creeping pedestrians, white cloth cap or headscarf regardless of weather, scented with lavender & taking up the whole street as they shuffle along gumming a boiled sweetie, making unpredictable stops in front of shop windows or just stopping dead for no apparent reason right in the middle of a thoroughfare, then tsking & tutting at the audacity & impatience of the modern whippersnappers as you try to edge past them to try to get wherever you're going with your limited time.
Old 31-08-2014, 11:17   #9298
Beacon of light

I'm getting there son...but yes you are right....I do not entirely fit the mould just yet.
I'm not even slow when I have Ma in the wheelchair.
Old 31-08-2014, 16:57   #9299
Senior Member+

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG
Nos 1 and 2 were taken from our holiday cottage garden across the fields and the rest were down by the river at Hexham. The internet here is in and out all the time so I have to be quick
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 19:32   #9300
Senior Member+

One more attempt at this new fangled infra red photgraphy, a quick shot on my way back from Read. I was going to experiment a bit but sods law dictates that when you only have one battery with you it goes flat. Next step is to study the book on infra red photography and photo manipulation I bought.
As you know I am not a fan of using software to enhance photos, they always look a little false and not true to the scene but I will have a go with the infra red jobby.
No doubt I will have wasted my money having the camera converted but it is all in the aim for further knowledge of photography.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0001-1.jpg (259.5 KB, 20 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..