Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2014, 22:11   #10141
Beacon of light

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The way those transporters work in the movies, you might end up here with a snow shovel in your hand.
I wouldn't mind Eric.
At least we would get to make acquaintance.....and I can shovel snow.....and joy of joys I would get to meet your critters!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2014, 22:29   #10142

Quote:
A bunch of snow pics ... yes, it's here ... and one for Turtle. Oh ... and my taxi.
thanks Eric! They come in different styles - some more simple graphically, but this one's a beaut!
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 11:35   #10143
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
thanks Eric! They come in different styles - some more simple graphically, but this one's a beaut!
You'll be happy to know that next year, with help from public donations, Kingston City Council will be building $100,000 worth of chain link fence to help keep the turtles away from busier road crossings. Money well spent.
mobertol and Turtle like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 20:52   #10144
God Member

After yesterday's excursion to the Nougat Festival in Cremona and a nice lunch out I went on a country walk - meeting a shepherd and shepherdess from Val Camonica who spend their winters grazing their flock of 1000 sheep on the plains, the rest of the year they are up in The Alps. I had met them before for a chat a few weeks ago and saw them last year too when we were moving house...got some nice photos. He is 23 and she is 20, they have 5 dogs ( 3 are pups who are learning) and a number of donkeys who they use for transporting the new-born lambs and leading the flock - the dominant donkey has a bell and they all follow!

Transhumance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1554.jpg (285.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1555.jpg (380.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1561.jpg (473.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1563.jpg (391.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1565.jpg (406.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1567.jpg (370.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1571.jpg (489.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1570.jpg (531.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1577.jpg (490.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1576.jpg (481.6 KB, 10 views)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 20:59   #10145
Beacon of light

Love those pics Dianne.....especially the one with the Donkey.
mobertol likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 21:28   #10146
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
After yesterday's excursion to the Nougat Festival in Cremona and a nice lunch out I went on a country walk - meeting a shepherd and shepherdess from Val Camonica who spend their winters grazing their flock of 1000 sheep on the plains, the rest of the year they are up in The Alps. I had met them before for a chat a few weeks ago and saw them last year too when we were moving house...got some nice photos. He is 23 and she is 20, they have 5 dogs ( 3 are pups who are learning) and a number of donkeys who they use for transporting the new-born lambs and leading the flock - the dominant donkey has a bell and they all follow!

Haven't they got long ears, and the dark brown one in number 2 looks to have a bit of an attitude. Nice change of pace.
mobertol likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 21:43   #10147
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, its getting to that time of year when you go out in the sunshine and the sun starts to go down if you start faffing and lose track of time.

1.This location always has a few fungi.
2. They are usually on the edge as the center is a bit on the dark side.
3. I spy with my little eye something beginning with T.
4. I said it gets a bit dark inside the woods.
5. That's the wet bit we are heading for.
6. Pendle in the distance, with heavy clouds.
7. The dense clouds are reflecting the sun as it sits low in the sky.
8. Although the clouds are of a dense nature they are moving at speed so the colours are changing.
9. Time to head back to the car before we lose the light.
10. Getting back to the car the sky was on fire, if I had more time I would have moved position to find a better foreground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _1320721.JPG (436.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _1320733.JPG (399.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _1320743.JPG (406.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _1320753.JPG (485.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1320784.JPG (394.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg _1320795.JPG (471.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _1320841.JPG (265.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _1320874.JPG (210.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _1320901.JPG (241.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _1320910.JPG (253.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 17-11-2014, 22:31   #10148
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, its getting to that time of year when you go out in the sunshine and the sun starts to go down if you start faffing and lose track of time.

8. Although the clouds are of a dense nature they are moving at speed so the colours are changing.
10. Getting back to the car the sky was on fire, if I had more time I would have moved position to find a better foreground.
Fab - 1, 4, 5 and 6 for me especially!

You must go on a course for recognising edible funghi Dave- I'm sure quite a few of those you find are delicious!
davemac likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 23:38   #10149

Quote:
A bunch of snow pics ... yes, it's here ... and one for Turtle. Oh ... and my taxi.
Eric, we got the snow all today, lol it was supposed to change to rain but was too cold.
joaner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2014, 07:09   #10150
Senior Member+

Quote:
Fab - 1, 4, 5 and 6 for me especially!

You must go on a course for recognising edible funghi Dave- I'm sure quite a few of those you find are delicious!
I wouldn't trust my ability to get it right, I have read that most of the fungi we come across are edible, but the poisonous ones are similar looking to edible ones, so I keep away. On the plus side I am glad other people don't pick them either as they are my photographic subjects.
mobertol likes this.
Old 18-11-2014, 10:20   #10151

Quote:
You'll be happy to know that next year, with help from public donations, Kingston City Council will be building $100,000 worth of chain link fence to help keep the turtles away from busier road crossings. Money well spent.
I like that
Old 18-11-2014, 10:28   #10152

Quote:

Really interesting, and lovely shots, Dianne! I find myself wondering how the young shepherds live like that - they look so happy in the last photo
mobertol likes this.
Old 18-11-2014, 10:29   #10153

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post

Some real stunners there, davemac! Thank you
davemac likes this.
Old 18-11-2014, 22:03   #10154
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Some real stunners there, davemac! Thank you
Thanks, I wasn't intending to stop out as long as I did, it was two and a half hours before I got home, but the next subject, then the next kept me out there. Then the light started to go and the sun changed the colours of the sky. I was heading home when the sky went bright red,I would have done another hour if I wasn't supposed to be somewhere else.
mobertol likes this.
Old 19-11-2014, 00:35   #10155

You were there, engaged with your surroundings. And captured beauty. That's art.
davemac likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..