Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2014, 12:05   #10006
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
How fitting! Davemac started this very enjoyable thread, and now wins for making the 10,000th post. I'm chuffed
Fitting indeed ... I don't check on the number of posts either; and I'm glad I didn't win with a silly (but probably appropriate) song for DiG on his return to the Reich. Much better a really neat set of pics ... esp. those of Mercer Park. O for the days when I waxed the slide and got shiite for coming home all cut and bruised.

Congrats Davemac ...
mobertol, davemac and Turtle like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2014, 15:00   #10007
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
a silly (but probably appropriate) song for DiG on his return to the Reich.
Appreciated Eric But although we're back in Beer & Bratty land I've still got a few happy hol snaps to post to finish off our UK marathon. So just grin & bear it Folks they're nearly over, that said, here's the penultimate melange!

Arrival at Dover court Harwich Thursday evening - Our abode for the night "The Cliff Hotel" in all its faded grandeur - Time & tide wait for no man & commerce continues apace - Memorial for the Merchant seamen who risked just as much as the fighting men to keep our little Island free - The "Cliff" by day - Enjoying a "full English" & watching other folk graft ... marvellous - The morning constitutional along the beach - Arty beach stuff - Harwich Lifeboat the "Albert Brown" - Harwich Lifeboat & Station.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000265(1).jpg (166.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1000273(1).JPG (461.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1000270(1).jpg (190.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1000272(1).jpg (174.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1000283(1).jpg (156.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1000274(1).JPG (462.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1000284(1).jpg (142.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1000286(1).jpg (194.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1000290(1).jpg (201.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1000296(1).jpg (213.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 29-10-2014, 16:31   #10008
Senior Member+

Quote:
How fitting! Davemac started this very enjoyable thread, and now wins for making the 10,000th post. I'm chuffed
I thank you for that, and the thing is, its a total coincidence, I never check the number of posts, so there must be the hand of fate out there, lets see if I am the one who posts when it gets to 20,000.
mobertol, Marie Ball and Turtle like this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2014, 16:38   #10009
Senior Member+

Quote:
Last Monday the 'Ladies Who Don't Walk Anymore' became the 'Ladies Who Do Walk, Occasionally.' Some of us are getting up there in age, and while we used to enjoy good long walks in years gone by, arthritis, bursitis and all manner of ills have taken their toll for some of us. Usually we just get together for tea and coffee for each birthday that comes along throughout the year. Lately we've been moved to do more than that, and actually walk together again - at least until the ice and snow arrive.

It was a chilly, crisp morning, about 3 degrees when we set off, but clear and sunny. Here's a photo diary of our hour long walk.
Nice Autumn colours and long shadows, its good that you are out walking again with the group. Its not two minutes since you were showing us the snow and icicles, now its just around the corner again.
mobertol and Turtle like this.
Old 29-10-2014, 16:48   #10010
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Fitting indeed ... I don't check on the number of posts either; and I'm glad I didn't win with a silly (but probably appropriate) song for DiG on his return to the Reich. Much better a really neat set of pics ... esp. those of Mercer Park. O for the days when I waxed the slide and got shiite for coming home all cut and bruised.

Congrats Davemac ...
Thanks,.......I think you are probably of an era, as I am, when the play equipment was a real health and safety nightmare, the slides were of a height that if you fell off the top a broken bone was guaranteed, the umbrellas that could easily give you a bang under the chin, and a rocking horse that if you put a hand underneath would amputate a limb, and the swings on a concrete base that every dare devil tried to get to the "bumps". Modern equipment is wobbly stuff on big springs, with bouncy rubber bases, but do the kids get the same enjoyment ?
Eric, mobertol and maxthecollie like this.
Old 29-10-2014, 16:49   #10011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Appreciated Eric But although we're back in Beer & Bratty land I've still got a few happy hol snaps to post to finish off our UK marathon. So just grin & bear it Folks they're nearly over, that said, here's the penultimate melange!

Arrival at Dover court Harwich Thursday evening - Our abode for the night "The Cliff Hotel" in all its faded grandeur - Time & tide wait for no man & commerce continues apace - Memorial for the Merchant seamen who risked just as much as the fighting men to keep our little Island free - The "Cliff" by day - Enjoying a "full English" & watching other folk graft ... marvellous - The morning constitutional along the beach - Arty beach stuff - Harwich Lifeboat the "Albert Brown" - Harwich Lifeboat & Station.
number 7 is interesting.
Old 29-10-2014, 17:25   #10012
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Thanks,.......I think you are probably of an era, as I am, when the play equipment was a real health and safety nightmare, the slides were of a height that if you fell off the top a broken bone was guaranteed, the umbrellas that could easily give you a bang under the chin, and a rocking horse that if you put a hand underneath would amputate a limb, and the swings on a concrete base that every dare devil tried to get to the "bumps". Modern equipment is wobbly stuff on big springs, with bouncy rubber bases, but do the kids get the same enjoyment ?
The Umbrella .... a real mean machine .... I remember it well ... down in the bottom corner closest to Bayley St. And only a wimp would use the steps to get to the top of the slide. [Deleted] health and safety; let kids have fun and get some exercise .... talking of health and safety (a wander) I betcha bonfire night isn't what it used to be.
davemac likes this.
Old 29-10-2014, 17:27   #10013
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
number 7 is interesting.
Cheers Dave, tried a few of these while we were over. Uk's good because of the types & varieties of beaches we've got, Johnny Foreigners beaches aren't near half as good as ours.
mobertol and davemac like this.
Old 29-10-2014, 17:53   #10014
Senior Member+

Well Done, Congratulations to our creator.
davemac likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2014, 17:55   #10015
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Well Done, Congratulations to our creator.
Kevin! Is that you?
mobertol and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 29-10-2014, 17:55   #10016
Senior Member+

DSC00001-1.jpgDSC00008-8.jpgDSC00009-9.jpgDSC00011-10.jpgDSC00014-11.jpgDSC00021-14.jpgDSC00027-15.jpgDSC00029-16.jpgDSC00031-17.jpgDSC00032-18.jpg

A lovely walk on Formby Beach and sand dunes today
Old 29-10-2014, 18:16   #10017
Beacon of light

I can't decide whether I like number 2 or number 3 best.......nope still can't make my mind up!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2014, 18:17   #10018
Beacon of light

I keep meaning to go there......wonder if the bus runs along the coast road?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2014, 19:05   #10019
Senior Member+

Number 1 for me, so many footprints in the sand, but no one about.
Old 29-10-2014, 19:35   #10020
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I keep meaning to go there......wonder if the bus runs along the coast road?
There is a bus stop at the end of Lifeboat Road, but it is about 1/2 mile to the beach from there

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..