Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2007, 17:59   #31
I am Banned

Re: From your window

I'd be interested to see photos of peoples views, no matter how boring they think they are. If you have a camera and the inclination please share your views.
piltymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2007, 18:02   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I can see 3 rabbit hutches,complete with rabbits, rain,and the back of Cambridge St methodist church ! Oh and a picnic table ,several planters full of petunias and a huge jasmine plant climbing up the wall.
What animals did you have when you lived on Laneside? I seem to remember you having some just can't remember that far back with much clarity. I was robbed and beaten in Greece luckily I lived but, memory took as big a beating as I did. I'd like to point out though that it wasn't Greeks that robbed me, it was English thugs on holiday that had no doubt run out of beer money.
Old 18-06-2007, 18:25   #33
God Member

I can see pavement, my car, road, and side of house across road..then above that to one side pendle hill and the other clayton, then Huncoat and M65 in distance

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 18:27   #34
Resting in Peace

I overlook a lodge where I get lots of ducks, coots, herons, swans and geese.Picture below, but not the best as was a dull day and everything looking a little untidy. Have painted me pier since then and got rid of the duck sh1t and that fern is now all green and in full bloom. This is the view from my back steps.

The change that has happened in the last 33 years I have lived here, is that they have built some houses approx 45% to the right which is now obscuring my view over Great Harwood .. only good news is that the trees have grown so much that I cannot see this new development. From upstairs and the loft can see Gt. Harwood tops and to the right, Pendle Hill.

Not as grand as your pool, etc., but love it ..

P5040060.JPG
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 18:28   #35
Give, give, give member

Ducks and geese, and just before it down poured, a Kingfisher.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 18:32   #36
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I overlook a lodge where I get lots of ducks, coots, herons, swans and geese.Picture below, but not the best as was a dull day and everything looking a little untidy. Have painted me pier since then and got rid of the duck sh1t and that fern is now all green and in full bloom. This is the view from my back steps.

The change that has happened in the last 33 years I have lived here, is that they have built some houses approx 45% to the right which is now obscuring my view over Great Harwood .. only good news is that the trees have grown so much that I cannot see this new development. From upstairs and the loft can see Gt. Harwood tops and to the right, Pendle Hill.

Not as grand as your pool, etc., but love it ..

Attachment 9494
Laughin' my socks off here, the pool ain't grand. I'd rather have the nearby lake as close. The only wildlife near our little pool is the goats when they escape their field(daily LoL).

Thankyou for adding the photo.
Old 18-06-2007, 18:34   #37
Passed away 25-11-09

From my front window I can see the 2 houses opposite. I used to be able to see the fields behind them but they've both had extensions built so, alas, no more. Closer, there's the roses in my front garden.

From the side window I can see my small side garden and the pyracantha, which needs trimming, on the fence. I can also see next door's far-too-tall leylandii trees, no more than 12 feet away.

From the back windows there's the garden table and chairs with the big, blue, soggy umbrella up, all my potted plants on the patio, the lawn that I managed to cut yesterday before it rained, the flower border and the fence covered in rampant virginia creeper. The cat is asleep on one of the garden chairs (sheltered by the umbrella) and a blackbird is having a fight with a worm on the lawn. Two very fat wood pigeons are on the fence and keep indulging in unmentionable activities - doin' what comes naturally - and there are a dozen or so bees on the lavender.
Old 18-06-2007, 18:38   #38
Give, give, give member

The view from my bedroom window, taken on Boxing Day 2005.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File0045.jpg (117.3 KB, 27 views)

Old 18-06-2007, 18:38   #39
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
From my front window I can see the 2 houses opposite. I used to be able to see the fields behind them but they've both had extensions built so, alas, no more. Closer, there's the roses in my front garden.

From the side window I can see my small side garden and the pyracantha, which needs trimming, on the fence. I can also see next door's far-too-tall leylandii trees, no more than 12 feet away.

From the back windows there's the garden table and chairs with the big, blue, soggy umbrella up, all my potted plants on the patio, the lawn that I managed to cut yesterday before it rained, the flower border and the fence covered in rampant virginia creeper. The cat is asleep on one of the garden chairs (sheltered by the umbrella) and a blackbird is having a fight with a worm on the lawn. Two very fat wood pigeons are on the fence and keep indulging in unmentionable activities - doin' what comes naturally - and there are a dozen or so bees on the lavender.
Lol, Leylandi trees are always too tall if you ask me. Sounds like you enjoy gardening. The visitors to your garden sound like a very interesting crowd :-)
Old 18-06-2007, 18:46   #40
God Member

Just a word of caution. If you post pictures from your house people can figure out where you live quite easy. In fact it's not far from psting your address on here.. Would you do that? Add this to other snippets of info you innocently post and quite a good profile can be built up that can be used for shall we say.. slightly disshonest reasons..

Sorry piltymon (it's a great thread otherwise) but the thought came in my head so I thought better to share

When I look out of my window I see me... great reflection.. poor view
Old 18-06-2007, 18:48   #41

well ive changed rooms now and all i can see is my hubbys rain soaked undies flapping on the washing line
Tombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 18:49   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Just a word of caution. If you post pictures from your house people can figure out where you live quite easy. In fact it's not far from psting your address on here.. Would you do that? Add this to other snippets of info you innocently post and quite a good profile can be built up that can be used for shall we say.. slightly disshonest reasons..

Sorry piltymon (it's a great thread otherwise) but the thought came in my head so I thought better to share

When I look out of my window I see me... great reflection.. poor view
That's a very good point!!!!

For security reasons Please DO NOT post pictures from your windows.

How's about describing the view but adding your favorite photo instead?

Last edited by piltymon; 18-06-2007 at 18:53. Reason: Spelling
Old 18-06-2007, 18:50   #43
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider View Post
well ive changed rooms now and all i can see if my hubbys rain soaked undies flapping on the washing line
I bet you prefer the other view
Old 18-06-2007, 18:50   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
DO NOT pot pictures
Ha ha great typo....few people run off now trying to pot pictures!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 18:52   #45
Give, give, give member

Good point Kipax.

But in my case I was actually burgling someone else's house when I took that picture, and anyway a stalker wouldn't stand a chance.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..