Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2007, 18:56   #46
I am Banned

Re: From your window

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Ha ha great typo....few people run off now trying to pot pictures!!!!!!!
I don't get it.
piltymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2007, 18:56   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
Which playing field?
Heys playing fields in Ossy.
At the back there are woods leading down to Tinker Brook.
I love trees - my favourite life form - would be nice to see some water too, like some forumers have, but I have no reason to complain - this is a tranquil place to spend my retirement

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 18:58   #48
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Heys playing fields in Ossy.
At the back there are woods leading down to Tinker Brook.
I love trees - my favourite life form - would be nice to see some water too, like some forumers have, but I have no reason to complain - this is a tranquil place to spend my retirement
It sounds like a great place. I'm not thinking of retiring yet but, I do like the peace and(usually) quiet here on the farm. And, no, not the funny farm before anyone adds that LoL
Old 18-06-2007, 19:00   #49
God Member

Quote:
That's a very good point!!!!

For security reasons Please DO NOT post pictures from your windows.

How's about describing the view but adding your favorite photo instead?
I haven't anything worth nicking
but its a good comment for people that have.
I dont think at my age I am likely to get 'stalked' either (but one never knows)

Old 18-06-2007, 19:05   #50
I am Banned

Quote:
I dont think at my age I am likely to get 'stalked' either (but one never knows)
I hadn't really thought of the security risk. I'm lucky enough to live in a place where we still leave our doors unlocked. Even when we go to the local Walmart (Asda type store) we still leave our doors unlocked. Nothing to steal but intruders would no doubt see the wrong end of a shotgun around here LoL.
Old 18-06-2007, 19:12   #51
God Member

Forumers already knew where I live because of my anti dog mess campaign which pinpointed where I live in the local press. I havent had any dog dirt posted through my letterbox yet (though I am prepared for it).- as time passes it seems less likely to happen.

Old 18-06-2007, 19:13   #52
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

From my virtual window I can see treacletart looking very upset
Old 18-06-2007, 19:14   #53
I am Banned

Quote:
Forumers already knew where I live because of my anti dog mess campaign which pinpointed where I live in the local press. I havent had any dog dirt posted through my letterbox yet (though I am prepared for it).- as time passes it seems less likely to happen.
Is dog mess still the same problem I remember it to be 4 years ago?
Old 18-06-2007, 19:15   #54
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
From my virtual window I can see treacletart looking very upset
Why? What's up with treacletart?
Old 18-06-2007, 19:17   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I think by now lots of folks would have worked out where I live .. can't live my life in cotton wool ..and like margaret, nowt worth nicking and too old to get stalked now (unless I have upset them at some stage on this site, and have some grievance ..) I mean look at Gayle advertising her house and Peter Britcliffe up New Lane selling his house, lots of clues on here to where members live ..I have no fear.

No different than entering a letter in the Editors letters in the Observer .. who insist now on an address, etc.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 19:19   #56
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I think by now lots of folks would have worked out where I live .. can't live my life in cotton wool ..and like margaret, nowt worth nicking and too old to get stalked now (unless I have upset them at some stage on this site, and have some grievance ..) I mean look at Gayle advertising her house and Peter Britcliffe up New Lane selling his house, lots of clues on here to where members live ..I have no fear.

No different than entering a letter in the Editors letters in the Observer .. who insist now on an address, etc.
I've never worried about people knowing where I live either. If people want to find you they will. Most peoples threats on forums like this are never carried out anyway. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
Old 18-06-2007, 19:27   #57
God Member

Quote:
Is dog mess still the same problem I remember it to be 4 years ago?
I have bored these poor forumers to death with my references to dog dirt in the past but they must excuse me now since this new member has asked
The playing field has several football pitches where matches are played regularly by juniors. On one day in May I counted 58 dogs visiting the field, and witnessed 4 of them leaving mess near the entrance - what happens mid field I am not well sighted enough to see clearly.
Fortunately there are instant fines for offenders now and these are being publicised as a deterrant.
I had a sig --pick up the poop.
I am concerned about the health risks to those young footballers
(even thought I can't stand the 'sport' )

Last edited by MargaretR; 18-06-2007 at 19:31.
Old 18-06-2007, 19:36   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
I have bored these poor forumers to death with my references to dog dirt in the past but they must excuse me now since this new member has asked
The playing field has several football pitches where matches are played regularly by juniors. On one day in May I counted 58 dogs visiting the field, and witnessed 4 of them leaving mess near the entrance - what happens mid field I am not well sighted enough to see clearly.
Fortunately there are instant fines for offenders now and these are being publicised as a deterrant.
I had a sig pick up the poop.
I am concerned about the health risks to those young footballers
(even thought I can't stand the 'sport' )
My father lives in a house with an open front garden where people let there dogs go Poop Poop. He goes out with a camera and openly lets them see him photograph them while their dogs are in "the act". I'm not sure how successful this method has been but I'm sure I wouldn't want to be photo'd in such a predicament. I doubt the photo's would stand up as evidence for several reasons but maybe posting them on the web may be a deterent. Then maybe a letter to the editor in the observer quoting the website may be an idea! I'll donate the website space for you if you'd like to try it.
Old 18-06-2007, 19:40   #59
God Member

Thanks for the offer but I manage Ok by opening my window and shouting "If thats crap, pick it up" -- seems to be effective

Old 18-06-2007, 19:47   #60
I am Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the offer but I manage Ok by opening my window and shouting "If thats crap, pick it up" -- seems to be effective
LoL, way to go girl

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..