Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2008, 13:50   #76
God Member

Re: New Social Group

Seriously Enigmaman you are crackers..............The Bible was a good book in its heyday and God is not real , just a good lead role like Harry Potter is today......get a grip.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2008, 14:01   #77
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaman View Post
So it is the thoughts and teachings of Garinda that started the antichrist group . Or the word of God not Enigmaman on the Hope in Christ group . The choice is yours ....may God bless you all Amen .
So, if anyone doesn't share your beliefs, be they atheist, agnostic, or whatever, they are 'antichrists'?

You can also add anti any other religion to that.

I'm happy you are so content with your faith.

Be happy for others who are content with their religion free lives.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:02   #78
Senior Member+

i may convert to rindyism......what do i have to do?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:08   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
count me in.........
Old 22-10-2008, 14:11   #80
God Member

I will be joining neither group because I don't feel the need to proclaim my beliefs to any body. My beliefs are mine and mine alone, all threads like this do is cause ridicule. As long as we live by the maxim of treating others the way we wish to be treated ourselves I think we will do okay.

As for God and the afterlife we will find out when we are taken from this earth.
Old 22-10-2008, 14:16   #81
Junior Member+

Never shrugged off any beliefs of people on this thread because most of the people dont believe in anything . ( But themselves and there own inner perceptions of the meaning of life .) Never threatened damnation only promoting HOPE . The church is the body of Christ . ( an army if you will and a family ) God wants us to fight against the evils of this world as a united strength . I think i have tolerated uninvited abuse with great tolerance . My life is about lifting people up not knocking them down . If you found the cure for aids you would want to share it . I have found hope in Christ and w ant to share it ........ I respect these are not your views . You respect that christianity in its true form , saves the lives of millions on this planet in the name of Jesus Christ.
i
Quote:
the choice is indeed ours, i think thats the main part of the posts in this thread..... you have threatened us all with damnation and shrugged off our religions and beliefs..that is not what God wants, God wants us to love and accept each other for our similarities and our differences..... Worshiping God can be in many ways, not only going to church/temple but the way we live our lives and i dont think you have shown very much tolerance towards you fellow man..........

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. (Matthew 7:120).
enigmaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:20   #82
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

You can't you have already done it.

He may convert you in a few months
Old 22-10-2008, 14:31   #83
Resident Waffler

A long time ago when I was young and foolish and didn’t know any better I did things I shouldn’t have done because I didn’t know any better. As a consequence I was in danger but I didn’t actually know it. A very dear friend of mine saw the danger I was in and intervened. As a consequence he was set upon and beaten up. He was whipped until the flesh fell from his bones and eventually he died a brutal and painful death. He knew he would be killed if he stepped in on my behalf, but he still went ahead and did that for me because he didn’t want me to get hurt.

Then someone comes along and ridicules him and makes fun of what he did and calls me a fool for being grateful to him. I can never repay the debt I owe him. I cannot even express my gratitude. But it hurts, it hurts me so very much when people mock him.

I don’t expect those who belittle how I feel to even try to understand if they don’t want to. All I ask is that at the very least you could respect him and the sacrifice he made. Turn your back on him if you wish. The choice is yours, but why do you feel the need to join in the mockery of those who tormented him then?

He offers friendship to everyone but has never forced himself upon anyone. He stands there quietly and will only come in if you invite him. If you choose not to invite him he will quietly leave. However if you change your mind he will return with open arms.

I have never seen anyone here on AccyWeb forcing religion down anyone else’s throat. I have never seen any believer mock or ridicule a non-believer. I have however seen non-believers ridicule and mock those who have a sincere faith and a personal relationship with their Saviour.

Enigmaman merely invited those who share his Christian faith to join his social group, which would save the rest of you from being offended by having to look at a subject which you find so distasteful. I find the reaction here to this thread to be totally out of proportion to the opening post.

One day we will all meet him face to face and when that time comes it shouldn’t surprise those of you who have not wanted to know him when he looks at you and says “I don’t know who you are.” Perhaps I am at fault here because I have never been particularly pushy about telling people about what I believe. Perhaps when that day comes you will criticise me for not making the effort.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 14:44   #84
Junior Member+

JUST SIMPLE LOGIC PRO CHRIST OR ANTICHRIST . of course you are free to believe what you want . You dont believe in christ so you promote antichrist views and you are free to do that . I am free to promote Christ . My group is for people that want to know Christ........your group is for people that dont .......Fine thats democracy . Love you all
Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
So, if anyone doesn't share your beliefs, be they atheist, agnostic, or whatever, they are 'antichrists'?

You can also add anti any other religion to that.

I'm happy you are so content with your faith.

Be happy for others who are content with their religion free lives.
Old 22-10-2008, 15:20   #85
God Member

[quote=WillowTheWhisp;643642]A long time ago when I was young and foolish and didn’t know any better I did things I shouldn’t have done because I didn’t know any better. As a consequence I was in danger but I didn’t actually know it. A very dear friend of mine saw the danger I was in and intervened. As a consequence he was set upon and beaten up. He was whipped until the flesh fell from his bones and eventually he died a brutal and painful death. quote]

Did this happen in Accrington Willow...?
Old 22-10-2008, 15:29   #86
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaman View Post
Never shrugged off any beliefs of people on this thread because most of the people dont believe in anything . ( But themselves and there own inner perceptions of the meaning of life .)
Interesting. They "don't believe in anything," merely because their "own inner perceptions of the meaning of life" do not align with yours? That's a pretty dismissive attitude to take - do they teach you that at Sunday school? You don't seem to like it at all when folks dismiss your beliefs but, in my opinion, your posts show that you are perfectly content to dismiss theirs.

Many religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hindism, Taosim, Jainism, Buddhism - and I am sure there are others) have in common the core value of the Golden Rule - treating one's neighbor, and even strangers, with love and respect. Many other these religions also claim to have an exclusive relationship with God. Obviously, they cannot all be right; frankly, I believe that any religion which claims such exclusivity is simply wrong in making that claim. I beleive that it is the values they hold in common with each other that lead to the truth. I recommend trying to live the Golden Rule, whether you believe in God or not.

"That which is hateful to yourself, do not do to another. That is the law, the rest is commentary." - Rabbi Hillel, 1st century BC.

"And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." - Matthew 22:39-40

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 15:38   #87
God Member

Nearly 90 posts on this thread and a wise person forewarned what would happen in post #20
Old 22-10-2008, 16:25   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Nearly 90 posts on this thread and a wise person forewarned what would happen in post #20
Thanks for crediting me with wisdom

I also reported the thread as contentious before anyone had responded to it but the mods chose to let it stay

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 17:09   #89
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

We like a bit of contention
Old 22-10-2008, 21:52   #90
Junior Member+

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations , baptising them in the name of the Father, and of the Son , and of the Holy Ghost .( Matthew 28 : 19 ) ........

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..