Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oswaldtwistle (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/)
-   -   Young tearaways around the Roegreave Rd area (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f103/young-tearaways-around-the-roegreave-rd-area-43692.html)

citizenx 04-11-2008 18:58

Young tearaways around the Roegreave Rd area

Hi everyone

Has anyone noticed the increase in teen gangs/hoodies, most notably around the Roegreave Rd area. They seem to plague the Rhoden pub area, causing damage to cars and property. My car was scratch down the side, and the Rhoden pub had a window smashed. Is there anything that can be done to stop these little buggers?

Yours

citizenx

magpie 04-11-2008 21:04

Re: Young tearaways around the Roegreave Rd area

yes but its not legal.........

derekgas 05-11-2008 07:18

Vigilantes!! :hidewall:

panther 05-11-2008 09:09

A good slap!!, but as magpie states, its not legal, thats why the little idiots do what they do!!!!

citizenx 05-11-2008 09:40

I agree that there should be punishment, but unfortunately giving a young kid a smack will probably get you locked up, and put a a child abuse register. I also found out yesterday who scratched my car, its two young brothers who live on Rowan Avenue, but I have no direct evidence to do anything. I think the area should introduce a more active neighbourhood watch scheme.

jaysay 05-11-2008 11:05

Well you could ask the police to give them an ASBO each, aka the thugs medal of honour, but apart from a double barreled Purdy your snookered behind the 8 ball:mad:

Less 05-11-2008 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 647549)
Well you could ask the police to give them an ASBO each, aka the thugs medal of honour, but apart from a double barreled Purdy your snookered behind the 8 ball:mad:

Or,

If you feel,

Quote:

I think the area should introduce a more active neighbourhood watch scheme.
Then, you could start a more active Neighbourhood watch scheme or if one already exists join it, without help we all go nowhere. The Council can give you advice,
Neighbourhood Management - How can I help Neighbourhood Management?

For example.

citizenx 05-11-2008 15:23

Thanks Less for the information. I'll have a look website and see what I can do.

citizenx 21-11-2008 21:25

I'm angry. I've just been out for an hour with a few mates, decided to come home early. And guess what! As I walked up the street, some bloody kids are throwing stones at a neighbours house! its the same kids that scratched my car. I heard a few of the kids/thugs names, now I going to try and find their parents.

yours

cx

emamum 21-11-2008 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by citizenx (Post 653606)
I'm angry. I've just been out for an hour with a few mates, decided to come home early. And guess what! As I walked up the street, some bloody kids are throwing stones at a neighbours house! its the same kids that scratched my car. I heard a few of the kids/thugs names, now I going to try and find their parents.

yours

cx

i'll start a collection for the grapes when we visit you in hospital.

Royboy39 21-11-2008 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by citizenx (Post 653606)

yours

cx

Ring the police.........Its not your job to tackle the problem head on.

citizenx 21-11-2008 22:10

Thanks emamum for the thought, red seedless grapes please.

Royboy39 - Your right, I'll contact the police tomorrow, but I don't think they can do much.

Good night all.

MargaretR 21-11-2008 22:39

Is that the group of tearaways that are causing trouble on Tinkerbrook Close?
I have noticed that there are several properties for sale there

ossykid 22-11-2008 00:51

Last time we were over, we had just left the Ossy con about 11:30 and were walking down Rhyddings St and I had a feeling there was someone behind us, I spun around to see a lad of about 15 coming up with a bottle in his hand about two steps away. I shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn,t turned around, as it was he just swung away and rejoined a couple of other kids on the other side of the road.

jaysay 22-11-2008 10:07

I've heard for ages that people are getting so sick of young thugs in Ossy and nothing being done about it, so much so that is talk of taking things into there own hands, can't say that this is the right way to go about things, but its been said before desperate times bring on desperate measures