Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Oswaldtwistle
Donate! Join Today

Oswaldtwistle If your from ossy, feel free to hang around in here!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2008, 17:34   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Tinker & Budget

It's also reported in this weekend's Obserer that planners from the council are investigating a complaint about the Black Dog's smoking shelter/pavillion.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2008, 17:40   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It's also reported in this weekend's Obserer that planners from the council are investigating a complaint about the Black Dog's smoking shelter/pavillion.
What was the complaint?
Old 24-04-2008, 17:50   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Not seen this weeks observer yet, does it give any indication as to the problem. The enforcement report indicates a breach of planning approval. Have to dig a little deeper in to the applications approved.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 17:58   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Not seen this weeks observer yet, does it give any indication as to the problem. The enforcement report indicates a breach of planning approval. Have to dig a little deeper in to the applications approved.
No, just says what little information that I posted.

You know I'd give you more details if I could Squirrel.

Old 24-04-2008, 17:59   #50
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
What was the complaint?
Sadly doesn't say.

Old 24-04-2008, 18:02   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sadly doesn't say.
Checking HBC's website is as bad as looking for "nuts" in the trees

Albert Einstein.

Old 24-04-2008, 18:03   #52
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Checking HBC's website is as bad as looking for "nuts" in the trees

Probably have better luck looking for planning applications up a tree...and nuts at H.B.C.

Old 24-04-2008, 19:08   #53
Senior Member+

There has been 2 planning applications, the 1st one being turned down by HBC, kate's links on the applications are all changed, but have found the second application

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...007%200563.pdf

It don't say a great deal other than conditions relating to roofing material, and railings/supports, it does indicate that a breach of planning could lead to the need for submission of a new application. Has that happened? We shall have to see.

Albert Einstein.

Old 25-04-2008, 09:18   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...007%200563.pdf

It don't say a great deal other than conditions relating to roofing material, and railings/supports, it does indicate that a breach of planning could lead to the need for submission of a new application. Has that happened? We shall have to see.
Yeh, the only way to find out is to visit the Planning Office, and take a look at the enforcement notice. Or perhaps ask the Landlord ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 10:03   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yeh, the only way to find out is to visit the Planning Office, and take a look at the enforcement notice. Or perhaps ask the Landlord ?
I don't know if they would let you look at the enforcement notice, but a look at the plans with the application may show why, like floor area etc. Don't think it would be a good idea to ask the landlord really, do you

Albert Einstein.

Old 25-04-2008, 16:00   #56

I don't think a smoking shelter at the front of the pub is a very good idea, will everyone have to pass through it to get into the pub?

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 16:06   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
I don't think a smoking shelter at the front of the pub is a very good idea, will everyone have to pass through it to get into the pub?
That's true, not a good idea, but HBC would not issue an enforcement notice for that, it would need to be a breach of the conditions attached to the planning permission.

Albert Einstein.

Old 25-04-2008, 16:26   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
Well, all the non-smokers will just have to go in the back way Only joking, before I get a barrage of abuse.

Would think may be set to the side of the door Jelly Baby, although it does say in The Observer, has been haulted after complaints, so maybe wasn't particularly the Development Control Department initially.
Old 25-04-2008, 16:46   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Would think may be set to the side of the door Jelly Baby, although it does say in The Observer, has been haulted after complaints, so maybe wasn't particularly the Development Control Department initially.
I don't think HBC would issue an enforcement notice on the strength of a few complaints. The complaints are normally made before the plans are passed, it may be that someone has seen the plans and noted that what is being built is not according to the plans, or even someone from the planning section going about his/her business.

Just checked the applicant was Daniel Thwaites PLC, you would have thought the brewery would have made sure all was correct, since they have their own estates team

Albert Einstein.

Last edited by park381; 25-04-2008 at 16:49.
Old 25-04-2008, 16:56   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I don't think HBC would issue an enforcement notice on the strength of a few complaints. The complaints are normally made before the plans are passed, it may be that someone has seen the plans and noted that what is being built is not according to the plans, or even someone from the planning section going about his/her business.

Just checked the applicant was Daniel Thwaites PLC, you would have thought the brewery would have made sure all was correct, since they have their own estates team
Oh OK Parks,somebody could have 'squeeled' on them then. Or just badly misleading in the paper.

Pretty sure you can go and view the enforcement notice though.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..