Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Hall Of Fame
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Hall Of Fame What is Accrington famous for? If there is anything you know, please let us know in here.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2005, 14:21   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Smile Davy Jones

this is a local guy i think (clayton-le-moors)lead singer of the monkeys.who also had a tv series in the late 60s,i used to go out with a girl who used to babysit for his sister in those days,she used to work at Brooke Bond Oxo in great harwood,there was a photo of him on his sisters fireplace (Happy Days)
Old 15-02-2005, 22:59   #2
Caz
God Member

Re: Davy Jones

Not a local guy. He comes from Manchester.
His sister moved to Church, presumably because of her husband's job (police). Think she still lives in the area.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2005, 00:10   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Smile Re: Davy Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer
Not a local guy. He comes from Manchester.
His sister moved to Church, presumably because of her husband's job (police). Think she still lives in the area.
ta cazzer,i was taking to someone last summer who said his sister still lives at the same address.it was the girl i was going with told me he was from clayton ive always been taken in with women.if she was trying to impress me at the time it certainly worked.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:27   #4
Senior Member+

Now at that info i was amazed.I never knew that
Old 08-07-2005, 12:25   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
this is a local guy i think (clayton-le-moors)lead singer of the monkeys.who also had a tv series in the late 60s,i used to go out with a girl who used to babysit for his sister in those days,she used to work at Brooke Bond Oxo in great harwood,there was a photo of him on his sisters fireplace (Happy Days)
Hi,
I al;ways thought Davy Jones (Monkees) was from Longsight or Gorton in Manchester.
I think he went to my primary school in Longsight for a couple of years before going to a jockey training school.

Charlie Bentley
Charlie Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 15:43   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Bentley
Hi,
I al;ways thought Davy Jones (Monkees) was from Longsight or Gorton in Manchester.
I think he went to my primary school in Longsight for a couple of years before going to a jockey training school.

Charlie Bentley
your probably correct charlie,it was his sister helen or hazel=think she was called hazel,who my girlfriend of the time used to babysit for she probably married a local bloke,as she was living here i assumed at the time they were from here,but i bow to your first hand knowledge thanks.
Old 08-07-2005, 19:05   #7
Resident Waffler

I've got a photo somewhere that I took of him once and when I find it I'll post it if you like. It was taken in Great Harwood.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 00:57   #8
I am Banned

davey jone's mum lived somwhere on the estate across from the crown pub in accy

i think thats why people think he came from accy
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 19:49   #9
Junior Member+

Davy Jones sister lives on First Avenue,Church
gbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006, 22:43   #10

Cranbourne Drive
Old 24-02-2006, 18:35   #11
Junior Member+

Pilky bus driver,you are right,it is cranbourne drive
gbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 23:20   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

have a little story about that which i will tell at one of the meets lol
Old 28-02-2006, 17:53   #13

Mrs Wilkinson is her name I used to go to school with her son Robert, Davey Jones was his Uncle he once got me a signed photo
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..