Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Internet Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f122/)
-   -   Is Facebook affecting forums? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f122/is-facebook-affecting-forums-50975.html)

sm_counsell 27-04-2010 17:35

Re: Is Facebook affecting forums?

I've gone on it again because my brother in Ossie seems to be able to manage it better than e mails.
As Barrie says , just ignore all the strangers who want to be your friend.
I put on my profile that I'd use Facebook just for my friends in the Uk and a few other places, and so far, no problems. (Must admit , I hardly ever write anything!)
Still prefer this forum though.

jaysay 28-04-2010 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 810169)
i originally joined up as Florence Nightingale....till some muppet reported me and i got a message saying that wasn't my real name (no sh!t sherlock) and my account got banned....

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Flashy banned:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: what ever next:D

jaysay 28-04-2010 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 810295)
I can't do with facebook at all.
I find it phony...all these folk want to be your friend, without knowing anything about you. Heck, you could be an axe murderer for all they know.
I have had a few invites and they wind me up no end.
I mean why would you be on Facebook? Really, why would you??

Funny enough Margaret, I've just had an EMail this morning saying that some one I've never heard as sent a friendship request, I probably only go on FB once a week, if that, its just boring to me, Such-a-body says they're having a bad day, not as bad as I am:rolleyes:

vera 28-04-2010 10:12

I use facebook, the main reason is, i have family near Portsmouth, friends (proper friends) in London, Eastbourne and Oldham as well as family in Accrington. The friends and family outside of Accrington would not go on here as they have no interest in what is happening in Accy, facebook is my best way of communicating with a few people all at the same time. :confused:

Neil 28-04-2010 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 810736)
I use facebook, the main reason is, i have family near Portsmouth, friends (proper friends) in London, Eastbourne and Oldham as well as family in Accrington. The friends and family outside of Accrington would not go on here as they have no interest in what is happening in Accy, facebook is my best way of communicating with a few people all at the same time. :confused:

I thought people haunted you on Facebook :p:rolleyes::D

vera 28-04-2010 10:44

Only you Neil, up to now. :tongueout

Neil 28-04-2010 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 810746)
Only you Neil, up to now. :tongueout

Go on then explain what the comment on facebook meant?

vera 28-04-2010 12:09

What about you haunting me? I did not know it was you at first, your message was very unexpected. Like it popped up from nowhere, hence, you are haunting me :eek:

Margaret Pilkington 28-04-2010 13:00

I also have family and friends around the world, but I prefer to stay in contact by e-mail.

vera 28-04-2010 14:13

I like to talk to two or three mutual friends at the same time, which e-mail does not allow

Neil 28-04-2010 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 810812)
I like to talk to two or three mutual friends at the same time, which e-mail does not allow

Facebook chat is rubbish, you are better using your msn for that

Margaret Pilkington 28-04-2010 15:08

No, it doesn't.......but I just don't like facebook...if I wanted to do that I probably would use yahoo, or even MSN.

My problem with rellies is that because of time zones there is only a narrow window in which to chat......and they work unsocial hours,(police/Nurses) so often the time when they could chat, they are asleep....and when we are awake, they are at work. C'est la Vie.

cashman 28-04-2010 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 810832)
No, it doesn't.......but I just don't like facebook...if I wanted to do that I probably would use yahoo, or even MSN.

My problem with rellies is that because of time zones there is only a narrow window in which to chat......and they work unsocial hours,(police/Nurses) so often the time when they could chat, they are asleep....and when we are awake, they are at work. C'est la Vie.

i agree dont like it at all, n as fer rellies who live in other zones etc, i don't really wanna talk to em, so that aint no problem.:D as they say, ya can choose yer friends, but not yer rellies.:rolleyes: