Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 23:01   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Anyone tried this? (pyramid scam)

I wonder if it ever was seen on 'Oprah' and if so what exactly she had to say about it. After all, it doesn't actually say she approved of the scheme does it? She may well have mentioned words like '10ft' and 'barge pole'.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2006, 00:07   #17
Yank in King Art's Court!

Make big bucks in a PayPal Scheme-Fiction!

This sounds a bit like Accyhat is talking about eh? Anytime I see suspect things like this I go right to the aforementioned website. It is chock full of both true and false stuff! Enjoy!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:01   #18
Apprentice Geriatric

Thumbs down Re: Anyone tried this? (pyramid scam)

One of the golden rules in trying to make some money on the Internet is:
If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:24   #19
Resident Waffler

I think that goes for life in general Jambutty. I have a friend who is always coming up with yet another 'get rich quick' scheme but he's still as poor as the rest of us - probably poorer in fact due to all the money he's ploughed into these things over the years. The best one was the 'sleeping under a perspex pyramid to help your brain cells revitalise' one! All he had to do was convince enough people to buy these wretched things and he'd be rich.

He sold one.

To himself!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:31   #20
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Anyone tried this? (pyramid scam)

There is only one way to get rich quick and that is to arrange to be born to mega rich parents.

The Internet is full of money making schemes, 99% of which turn out to be cons. But with a bit of luck and a following wind you can make a few bob. Well a bit more than that actually as I can testify to.

The most recent obvious scam that appeared in my mailbox was one of those Nigerian type, “we have squillions of dollars to get out of the country, can you help us do so?” Only in this case it allegedly came from an employee of The Bank Of England. Strange that it had a Hong Kong email address. It got passed on to Scotland Yard.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..