Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2013, 18:29   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Bob Dobson

I got one as well
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-01-2013, 18:34   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is if owt like that happens,as it did to me oer 40yrs ago, its just a matter of going to the embassy/consulate, they will sort yeh out,providing yer n householder in U.K. suppose thats fer collateral. I actually responded wi that info hours ago, as Bob never replied, it confirmed what i already thought.
Why does that not surprise me cashy
Old 29-01-2013, 20:53   #18
God Member

I don't know Bob but as soon as the money I'm getting from Nigeria arrives in my bank I'll help him out, you're all just a load of tight wads
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 29-01-2013, 21:29   #19
Senior Member+

Yahoo tell me that my troubles started in Nigeria. It seems to me that the thing NOT to do is to reply to the message., as by doing sdo, they might gain access to your contacts and emails. I appear to have lost all my inbox and sentbox, and perhaps my contacts, thiough yahoo are working on it (and have been for 12hrs so far) I had free AVG and it looks like that wasn't good enough. I have paid for an upgrade, which I have been told is 'for ever' AND got a year'sworth of free assistance.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 21:47   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Yahoo tell me that my troubles started in Nigeria. It seems to me that the thing NOT to do is to reply to the message., as by doing sdo, they might gain access to your contacts and emails. I appear to have lost all my inbox and sentbox, and perhaps my contacts, thiough yahoo are working on it (and have been for 12hrs so far) I had free AVG and it looks like that wasn't good enough. I have paid for an upgrade, which I have been told is 'for ever' AND got a year'sworth of free assistance.
That's all very well, Bob, but can you arrange an immediate refund of my 2300 Euros? I will also require an admin fee of £10. Thanks.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 06:04   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Its more likely that you gave them your password.

The usual thing is you click on a link in an email and a page opens asking for you to log in to your email again. You assume its a problem with your yahoo/hotmail/gmail and happily type your username and password in. Not much happens so you shut the window thinking its not working. What you just did was give your username and password to the hackers.

A while ago the con was about holiday photo's a friend sends you, you click the link and it asks for your email password again so you can view them, well done you gave your password to the hackers, they then log into your email and send an email to all your contacts.
Old 30-01-2013, 06:28   #22

I got one in my councillor's e-mail box at Hyndburn BC. I deleted it but let Bob know by PM on this site that I'd received it. I've had similar e-mails from other people in the past - the first one didn't even know he'd been hacked into.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 23:57   #23
Senior Member+

Ive not given my password to anyone. I think I haven;'t had a strong enough security. Present situation is that Ive lost my In and sent boxes, but am hopeful of getting my Contacts restored.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..