Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2006, 11:43   #16
God Member

Re: BT Broadband

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Now how much an hour do you think I can get away with

You can make do with a glass of sherry and a mince pie, if it's good enough for Santa it's good enough for you
Old 01-12-2006, 11:44   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Oppps lol! BT's mistake is our cause for laughter ......

I tell you I'm fed up with all the phones in this house now, I nearly have as many phones as remote controls! God imagine them all going off at once it would be deafening!!
PMSL!!! i hope each sounds different or it will send u crazy if that happened LOL
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:45   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
You can make do with a glass of sherry and a mince pie, if it's good enough for Santa it's good enough for you
now thats a good point ..... mmmm would he settle for that i wonder
Old 01-12-2006, 11:48   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
PMSL!!! i hope each sounds different or it will send u crazy if that happened LOL
I wonder what noise a mobile phone makes if it rings at the bottom of the toilet?? .........
Old 01-12-2006, 11:49   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
LOL!! shhhh blimey i know what one techy is per hour & geez to call him out on xmas day - double time ----- errrrr frightening amount
If he's a contractor it's because he is extra special at his job and can command top rates.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:50   #21
God Member

Quote:
Nooooooo Can you tell me what it is please Uncle Dave
I would need to book you in to one of my weekly group sessions. No charge is made for attending and the bonus is you get to learn all about dongles as well
Old 01-12-2006, 11:51   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I'm on Option 3. I've just got the hub phone today. I'm not a techie, I don't understand half of it but if I'm paying for it I want to use it to the best of it's capabilities.
Sorry if I appear a little off with this comment but why have you bought something that you don't know what it does?

You will now have 2 phone numbers. Your old BT number and your your new VOIP number. Why you need 2 is because BT has not pulled its finger out and sorted out porting landline numbers to VOIP providers. This is because they are a set of laxy *****. I think the real reason is that they would loose a lot of customers. After all for £7.99 +VAT a month I can make unlimited calls to landlines within the UK and several other countries 24 hours a day using my Vonage VOIP service. I am only using BT to provide my Pipex broadband and old incoming phone line. I intend to move to NTL for broadband soon. I will still have to pay BT £9.99 a month just to keep my old phone number as I cant port it to Vonage. I can port it to NTL so why not Vonage. As soon as I can port my old number to Vonage BT will loose me altogether and my only phone connection will be VOIP over an NTL broadband connection. So you can see why BT are being a little slow.

Rant over, back to your phones

You can phone from and receive calls on either. You need to find out what you pay for on each phone line so you can work out which to use when and even if you will be saving money or not. You can also make or receive 2 calls at once because you have in effect 2 phone lines.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:52   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
I wonder what noise a mobile phone makes if it rings at the bottom of the toilet?? .........
im sure u will tell me when u have tried it pmsl!!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:54   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
the bonus is you get to learn all about dongles as well

Dingle Dongles?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:54   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
If he's a contractor it's because he is extra special at his job and can command top rates.
Is that why i wonder if u get your moneys worth then
Old 01-12-2006, 11:55   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
I would need to book you in to one of my weekly group sessions. No charge is made for attending and the bonus is you get to learn all about dongles as well

Oh aye so whens the next meeting & do u have to bring your own dongle
Old 01-12-2006, 11:58   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Sorry if I appear a little off with this comment but why have you bought something that you don't know what it does?
Because the hub looks pretty

Quote:
Why you need 2 is because BT has not pulled its finger out and sorted out porting landline numbers to VOIP providers.
I thought this was the case but thought surely not that would just be silly ...... obviously it is

Quote:
You can phone from and receive calls on either. You need to find out what you pay for on each phone line so you can work out which to use when and even if you will be saving money or not. You can also make or receive 2 calls at once because you have in effect 2 phone lines.
OH FFS! All abit of a farse really isn't it! So that means more pi**ing about !!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:02   #28
God Member

Quote:

I thought this was the case but thought surely not that would just be silly ...... obviously it is

Orange also have the same system, you plug a phone in to the Livebox they supply and it's an extra line. Despite the hassle factor it's a good idea to learn the number and provide it to any business you have to deal with, that way you know not to answer the phone on that line
Old 01-12-2006, 12:04   #29
I am Banned

Quote:
Orange also have the same system, you plug a phone in to the Livebox they supply and it's an extra line. Despite the hassle factor it's a good idea to learn the number and provide it to any business you have to deal with, that way you know not to answer the phone on that line

LOL now thats an idea tinks hehehehehe
Old 01-12-2006, 12:05   #30
God Member

Quote:
provide it to any business you have to deal with, that way you know not to answer the phone on that line
Add my darling sister onto that and you got a pretty good plan there Dave!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 01-12-2006 at 12:08.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..