Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Internet Talk
Donate! Join Today

Internet Talk A place to chat about internet goings on...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2008, 13:27   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: MSN Closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Apparently they are closing on Feb 21st 2009 and going to be sending e-mails out shortly inviting groups to join elsewhere. Check out the alternative at hhtp://Multiply.com, is the info I have.
Could it have been an email from the above which is a rival company?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2008, 14:00   #17

Thanks Em
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 14:02   #18

Is it me, or does this seem to surface every year? As far as I can remember every year for the last 10 years or so, this topic comes up through millions of mail boxes. Pure and simple hoax, just another good marketing ploy. Just like the save facebook group, why would a company who generates its income from these tools want to shut them?
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 14:46   #19
God Member

This is what I read!

Community Feedback Your Resource Center Since 1999
The Peer-to-Peer Support Group for MSN Groups

It's "Official". Groups to close Feb. 21, 2009

You may have heard rumors that MSN Groups will in closing, I’d like to respond to those here so that our most active users have the information you need to manage your groups effectively. It is true that we are planning to close the MSN Groups service on February 21, 2009 and will offer you the opportunity to move your group to our new partner service, Multiply. We understand the importance of keeping your group together, so we partnered with Multiply to create a migration process that moves your group to their service to preserve your online community and its history.

The migration method that Multiply has built for you is still in the beta stage, we plan to open it next week. Once the service is ready we’ll be sending all of our users an email and will post notices within the MSN Groups site with more information, including instructions for beginning the migration process. In the meantime I encourage you to visit Multiply - Secure, Family-Friendly Media Sharing to get to know the service and see some of the thousands of groups they host already.

The natural question to ask in this situation is why we are closing MSN Groups. It is our goal to provide our customers with the most current and user friendly technology available today. We made the difficult decision to close the MSN Groups service as part of an overall investment in updating and re-aligning our online services with Windows Live. In the long term we believe that closing the service is the best way to continue to offer innovative, best of breed services that help you stay in touch with the people you care about. It’s very important to us that you keep the data you created using MSN Groups and that is why we have partnered with Multiply, so you can keep your group going into the future despite the closure of MSN Groups.

Between today and February 21, 2009 the MSN Groups service will remain the same as it is now. We will remove the option to add more storage to your group but other features will remain until the service is shut down and you can use it the same way you do today until the date of closure. Watch the site and your email inbox over the next week as we will post updated information there, including a more detailed outline of your options and next steps.

Regards,

Charlotte Jones, Group Product Manager, Microsoft
Old 19-10-2008, 14:56   #20
Senior Member+

so they are closing msn groups down, not msn

MSN Groups - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..