Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Church (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/)
-   -   gypsys (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f123/gypsys-32483.html)

moonshiner 15-09-2007 16:55

Re: gypsys

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 471167)
lets watch the crime rate go up, move them on and out:

I got a warning from the police just for leaving my caravan outside my front door: maybe if I had been living in it and peeing on the floor outside it would have been ok:

they packed up and left last night ,but befor going theyset fire to aload oh rubbish and one women had adump in the grate at the side of the road in full view oh every body (charmin lady) lets see how long they aregone this time:not_ripe::not_ripe:

BERNADETTE 17-09-2007 17:13

They are still on Eagle Street, don't know how they live as they do.

WillowTheWhisp 18-09-2007 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonshiner (Post 471207)
befor going theyset fire to aload oh rubbish and one women had adump in the grate at the side of the road in full view oh every body (charmin lady)

And then people wonder why we complain about them!
:rolleyes:

Yolanda25 18-09-2007 12:18

not in church anymore, that was quick!!! lol

MargaretR 18-09-2007 14:47

When the laws dont work in Church, residents have their own way of making things happen --wouldn't surprise me at all if those travellers have had what is known (ironically) as 'the gypsy's warning' ;)

WillowTheWhisp 18-09-2007 14:50

You mean there are people who can intimidate gypsies? :eek:

MargaretR 18-09-2007 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 471830)
You mean there are people who can intimidate gypsies? :eek:

Oh yes :D -if you are 'right with them' they will mete out justice for you.

Tealeaf 19-09-2007 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonshiner (Post 471207)
they packed up and left last night ,but befor going theyset fire to aload oh rubbish and one women had adump in the grate at the side of the road in full view oh every body (charmin lady) lets see how long they aregone this time:not_ripe::not_ripe:

What a shame Moonshiner could not take a piccy of this incident...maybe even a piccy using a zoom lens. I am quite sure he could have passed it on to the Observer; just think what tomorrow's front page would have looked like.

lindsay ormerod 20-09-2007 21:12

Sad that Tea; as it is we have to put with photo of an unfortunate young lady who fell off a rope swing and broke both her wrists as well as other injuries.
As my name is on public display on here I will leave the rest of you to air your views on the sensibilties of that one. :rolleyes:
BTW the lady in question is 15 years of age.

Lilly 21-09-2007 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 472543)
Sad that Tea; as it is we have to put with photo of an unfortunate young lady who fell off a rope swing and broke both her wrists as well as other injuries.
As my name is on public display on here I will leave the rest of you to air your views on the sensibilties of that one. :rolleyes:
BTW the lady in question is 15 years of age.

Very silly to say the least. There was also a 15 year old last year who got trapped in a tube type thing in the play equipment which was meant for small children in Rhyddings park. The firemen had to cut her out. They've no sense some of them.:(

BERNADETTE 22-10-2007 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 471662)
They are still on Eagle Street, don't know how they live as they do.

Well we've gone from one caravan to five today, hurry up and build on that land:mad:

firth_dawn 22-10-2007 23:16

they dont seem to care all they do is leave a mess and cause trouble were its not wanted.

spex357 23-07-2009 08:49

If you complain about the tinkers down here you are classed as racist. We are being had like the Palestinians with the Israel's, we should take to arms and defend ourselves anyone up for sending some rockets over, damn its the UK and not allowed, instead we sit idly by whilst our local councils armed with uman rite bollocks and racist pampflets tell us they have rights, the fact in many cases is they are on someones land but lately they have become more streetwise and are secretly buying land, its never going to change from what i can see, they are Migrating here on a grand scale even though the EU have given Ireland a load of money to sweaten them up intime for the next Vote on the Eu, if they join it will widen their choice of countrys to go too, i am sure there cant be any driveways left to do but they are never going to fit in without a change in the situation. Their kids need to be educated at least to start to break the cycle but what then i havent worked out yet.

Tealeaf 20-10-2009 12:33

I've just noticed an article in the LT about an outfit by the name of 4NW. This organisation - which I admit I have never heard of until now - is a government quango which has some form of strategic planning powers over the North West. It's latest idea is all about our Gypo friends and their 'need' for sites. Here's the link to their publication:

http://www.northwestplanpartialrevie...l%20Review.pdf

Once you get past the front cover - I suggest you take a good look at the piccy of the car park and count the number of Gypsy caravans parked there - you have a look at some of the stats inside, in particular those relating to the number of actual and planned sites. It appears that HBC already has 28% of all such sites in the county - some LA's in West Lancs, Burnley and Pendle have none whatsoever. It now appears that this mob at 4NW - its supposidly a democratic organistion - want us to have more. I wonder what the attitude of our local councillors will be?

ian1 21-10-2009 11:20

A few vans turned up on victoria st /rose st car park last nite , a feel sorry for them that have to live near them :do-one::do-one:
ian

cherokee 21-10-2009 13:33

Haha we had them here behind our local asda a few weeks back and so they got moved on and the council put the big round condrete boulder things there to stop them .
A few days later they were back and they had managed to move the boulders rofl!!!

Seems theres no stoppin em !!!

Restless 10-08-2010 11:43

even the travelers don't want to stay in church :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yolanda25 (Post 471785)
not in church anymore, that was quick!!! lol

Tealeaf 17-09-2010 11:45

It seems they're back. This time, they've set up camp at the rear of the old Tanpits club (the part facing Bradshaw St and the Sports Centre). I don't know who owns that land - the council or whoever now owns the club - but if it's the latter then they could be there for a while. The rumour was that the club was sold 6 months ago to some shady scouse character with colse connections to the 'Travelling Community'.

jaysay 17-09-2010 17:29

Re: gypsies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 845802)
It seems they're back. This time, they've set up camp at the rear of the old Tanpits club (the part facing Bradshaw St and the Sports Centre). I don't know who owns that land - the council or whoever now owns the club - but if it's the latter then they could be there for a while. The rumour was that the club was sold 6 months ago to some shady scouse character with colse connections to the 'Travelling Community'.

Looks like the Diddycoys are here to stay Tealeaf, it could be worse they could be in Ossy:p

garinda 14-11-2010 07:02

Good news for anyone wanting to build on protected green belt land.

Good news for anyone wanting to build without having any planning permission.

Accrington travellers' site allowed to stay open for three more years (From This Is Lancashire)

Oh hang on.

It's only good news if you're a 'traveller'.

garinda 14-11-2010 07:07

This sounds like a load of balderdash.

If you construct permanent structures on a site, such as 'two large utility blocks', how can you be classed as being a traveller?

You aren't going to get very far if you attach them to the towbar of your 4 x 4.

jaysay 14-11-2010 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 861359)
This sounds like a load of balderdash.

If you construct permanent structures on a site, such as 'two large utility blocks', how can you be classed as being a traveller?

You aren't going to get very far if you attach them to the towbar of your 4 x 4.

You never know with them pikes G:D

Lancashire Lassie 09-12-2010 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 861381)
You never know with them pikes G:D

I dont think its nice to judge others....

Majority of travellers are lovely, theres good and bad in everyone...

Cant believe how people judge others... No one every ones constantly complaining about this town!!

jaysay 09-12-2010 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie (Post 867683)
I dont think its nice to judge others....

Majority of travellers are lovely, there's good and bad in everyone...

Cant believe how people judge others... No one every ones constantly complaining about this town!!

When you've lived as long as I have think your opinion may just change a tad, especially if somebody has run of with the lead of your roof a couple of times and then moved on leaving a complete tip behind them to be cleaned up at the council tax payers expense, laddy or lassy whichever you are today:rolleyes:

Less 09-12-2010 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 867708)
When you've lived as long as I have think your opinion may just change a tad, especially if somebody has run of with the lead of your roof a couple of times and then moved on leaving a complete tip behind them to be cleaned up at the council tax payers expense, laddy or lassy whichever you are today:rolleyes:

I'd blame it on the last labour government if I was you, during the Tory rule I had to sell the lead off my own roof!

jaysay 09-12-2010 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 867711)
I'd blame it on the last labour government if I was you, during the Tory rule I had to sell the lead off my own roof!

Less thats my standard responce now and was it just before you moved into rented property that you sold the lead:rolleyes::rolleyes:

accyman 19-12-2010 09:00

Quote:

When you've lived as long as I have think your opinion may just change a tad, especially if somebody has run of with the lead of your roof a couple of times and then moved on leaving a complete S*** tip behind them to be cleaned up at the council tax payers expense, laddy or lassy whichever you are today:rolleyes:

although a dispicable act at least they arnt as bad as cameron whos new plans on social housing will remove the enitre roof from over somones head ..:p

RHFOY 19-12-2010 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 869919)
although a dispicable act at least they arnt as bad as cameron whos new plans on social housing will remove the enitre roof from over somones head ..:p

the tories coalition goverment have been in power what 8 months we had blair and brown for the last 13 years approx -. gypos aint got out to do with cameron
accy is labour through and through so perhaps the coalition will do something about these no respect brigade??? i hope so

Lancashire Lassie 06-01-2011 13:56

Quote:

well since my partner is a traveller I dont think I will change my mind actually.

hes never stole a thing in his life never had a criminal record and never even spoke to a police officer - and he works honest and hard every day and pays his taxes and everthing else as a normal person would.

before I met him I didnt think much of gypsys either but i didn't go around calling people I didnt even know!! but it goes to show you shouldnt tar people with the same brush...

plenty of scummy smack head thieves pedos and rapists in accy that are protestants or 'normal ' but we're not called those things so theres no need is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

nobodys perfect so if people cant be nice they should keep there opinions to theirselves!!

Lancashire Lassie 06-01-2011 14:19

and if it was my grandma no my opnion would not change it would towards the person that did it but not against the rest of the innocent people just because of their culture.

majority of travellers are innocent - just as the majority of our lot are - and the majority of asians and so on and so on.

there is a small part in every community culture that is bad, that doesnt mean you should disregard the rest not unless you are willing to disregard all of your own too.

and i doubt your going to do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHFOY (Post 869986)
you are right people shouldnt judge people on opinion,... but i think we are discussing people who have their own click community and who dont give a damm about other communities like us, the facts and deeds are allready laid down as with regards these disrespectfull travellers( the ones who are now static in the town are diff-) the no fixed abode brigade are a disgrace to our society!!! they dont pay attention never mind taxes!! they prey on the vunerable and do evil deeds to them, now thats not an opinion that is a brutal fact, yes others do to, but if you worked very closely with the trading standards as i do, you would be heart broke to see sum of the evil things these b ------ have done... for your further knowledge they even leave symbols on walls or trees off the next potential victim, so their evil relations can go and clean out the life savings off our oaps, disabled, WAR VETERANS, MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE, i am shouting yes because i have seen it first hand.....
now let me ask you this, if they did that to your grandma would you still have the same opionion????? and finally we are all equal and deserve too reap the rewards of what we pay into the local councill(council tax) these roaming rats pay nothing !!! if they did then east accy would have one or two extra facilities to enjoy?? so untill these roamers start to obey law and order, and show respect to the great people off accrington, i say lets all rally as one and throw the lot out !!!

DaveinGermany 06-01-2011 16:37

The problem is though, folk tend to remember their negative experiences rather vividly & should Gypsies be involved it's a forgone conclusion they'll all get associated. What a lot of people aren't aware of or choose not to differentiate is between the types of Gypsy, here in Germany we have Roma & Sinti & on occasion the Irish. The most readily accepted are the Sinti (and that grudgingly). I have had experiences both good & bad with the varying cultures within the framework of "Gypsies".

JCB 06-01-2011 18:34

Some travellers have moved into houses on the lower end of Exchange St . Accy .

I asked a friend who lives amongst them about them .

He said that the local yobs who used to congregate at the corner of Exchange St and Fairfield St had disappeared since their arrival . He has no problems with them , and is pleased that they seem to be a deterrent to anti-social behaviour .

jaysay 06-01-2011 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 873688)

He said that the local yobs who used to congregate at the corner of Exchange St and Fairfield St had disappeared since their arrival . He has no problems with them , and is pleased that they seem to be a deterrent to anti-social behaviour .

They are no longer travellers JCB;)

walkinman221 06-01-2011 18:49

I am of the opinion, that treat others as you would like to be treated and for the most part people respond to that ethos in a positive way, but as with all communities there are always the bad apples. I have experience of gypsys and the ones i have dealt with have been honest and hardworking if that was within the tax and payments system we all use i dont know, but they paid their way in that they didnt get benefits etc.Their homes were immaculate and they kept the areas around their homes tidy.You can only take as you find as they say.:)

JCB 06-01-2011 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 873689)
They are no longer travellers JCB;)

Depends on how long they stay Jaysay :D

Lancashire Lassie 07-01-2011 08:57

thank you for your support - i understand and think what you saying is correct. there is good in bad in everyone.

whilst some travvellers may travel and some be pulled at sites and others in houses. they are travellers because of their cultutre not whether they move about or not.

i just believe every individual deserves a chance no matter what race colour creed or culture.

xxx

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 873688)

Boeing Guy 08-01-2011 08:52

Many many years ago, I sold cars for a living, one August in the mid 90's we had a Traveller/Gypsy come in to our showroom. He was in his mid 20's and decided to buy a £60,000.00 Mercedes Benz SL280. We had to de-badge it and replace the badges with SL600 and V12 decals.

The night before he collected it, he asked me to organise fitting his stereo (in those days Mercedes did not fit one as standard), I told him we would try and he brought in several large boxes containing Sub Woofer, speakers and the unit itself, being 4.40pm I told him that we could drop the head unit in, but if he wanted the rest he would have to do a deal with the mechanic, he offered him £20.00 to do the lot. Our mechanic politely declined, the customer was not very happy, I did mention if he was prepared to give our lad a few £100, then he would happily work into the night, the customer was amazed at that!

Anyway the next day he and his girlfriend arrive, very scruffily dressed, she in white high heels, and two Tesco Bags full of £10.00 notes.
Our accountant was not happy at having to count £59,000.00 cash, (he had left £1000.00 deposit in used £10.00 notes as well), still it was interesting.

The gentleman and his girl spent most of the day playing with the roof of the car and trying to persuade the mechanics to fit his stereo for nothing.

This guy and his fellow travellers, did not pay any taxes, everything was in cash. Interesting culture.

Tealeaf 08-01-2011 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 874041)
Anyway the next day he and his girlfriend arrive, very scruffily dressed, she in white high heels, and two Tesco Bags full of £10.00 notes.
Our accountant was not happy at having to count £59,000.00 cash, (he had left £1000.00 deposit in used £10.00 notes as well), still it was interesting.

Fifty Nine thousand in readys? I wonder how much lead off how many church roofs that equates to?

Lancashire Lassie 12-01-2011 09:09

Ha ha quite a funny story :)

Yes some pay tax some dont but tbh the ones who dont dont tend to use public services anyway

And plenty of 'us' dont pay taxes either! we all see the stories in the paper lol xx

Quote:

Many many years ago, I sold cars for a living, one August in the mid 90's we had a Traveller/Gypsy come in to our showroom. He was in his mid 20's and decided to buy a £60,000.00 Mercedes Benz SL280. We had to de-badge it and replace the badges with SL600 and V12 decals.

The night before he collected it, he asked me to organise fitting his stereo (in those days Mercedes did not fit one as standard), I told him we would try and he brought in several large boxes containing Sub Woofer, speakers and the unit itself, being 4.40pm I told him that we could drop the head unit in, but if he wanted the rest he would have to do a deal with the mechanic, he offered him £20.00 to do the lot. Our mechanic politely declined, the customer was not very happy, I did mention if he was prepared to give our lad a few £100, then he would happily work into the night, the customer was amazed at that!

The gentleman and his girl spent most of the day playing with the roof of the car and trying to persuade the mechanics to fit his stereo for nothing.

This guy and his fellow travellers, did not pay any taxes, everything was in cash. Interesting culture.

Lancashire Lassie 12-01-2011 09:11

may I also comment that a few months ago the some travellers pulled up on their way back from appleby at church traffic lights. I think there were 3 or 4 trailers plus vans and cars.

It was interesting to see that when tey shifted there was not one piece of rubbish left or litter. and all their belongings had been taken, and their neatly bagged garbage was left with the car parts business at the side.

Very respectful I thought. And proves a lot of people wrong.

***Mr D*** 12-01-2011 12:27

Quote:

Bet you couldnt do that nowadays.

Suppose it shows dont judge a book by its cover.

jaysay 12-01-2011 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 874800)
Bet you couldnt do that nowadays.

Suppose it shows dont judge a book by its cover.

Na he'd pay ya in lead these days:D:D

Lancashire Lassie 13-01-2011 10:19

you'd be suprised!

jaysay 13-01-2011 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie (Post 874981)
you'd be suprised!

Not really:rolleyes:

***Mr D*** 13-01-2011 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 874849)
Na he'd pay ya in lead these days:D:D

Or Copper.:D

I was more refering to paying for something with that amount of cash.

Questions should be asked where the money come from.

Lancashire Lassie 13-01-2011 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 875000)
Or Copper.:D

I was more refering to paying for something with that amount of cash.

Questions should be asked where the money come from.

Majority of them from working hard and spending little. its a lot cheaper to live in a trailer than a house

DaveinGermany 13-01-2011 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie (Post 875001)
Majority of them from working hard and spending little.

But not all, we've all got our black sheep haven't we ?

BBC News - Roma rights campaigner jailed for £2.9m benefits scam

***Mr D*** 13-01-2011 14:47

Quote:

Majority of them from working hard and spending little. its a lot cheaper to live in a trailer than a house

Its not That I think they wouldnt have the money.

Its more the way having that money(In cash) is looked upon now by business.

HM Revenue & Customs: How to report a suspicious transaction or activity

Lancashire Lassie 13-01-2011 15:28

Well they dont tend to use banks (unless their businesses are huge) as they dont really trust them plus as some have stated before some dont pay taxes. but what they dont pay in taxes probably covers the publics services they dont bother to use so not much impact or affect on us.

Lancashire Lassie 13-01-2011 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 875003)

yep naughty naughty theres black sheep everywhere lols xx

Lancashire Lassie 13-01-2011 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 875003)

ps she actually a romanian gypsy (pretty too may i add) not your average irish/romany traveller born over here xx

Neil 13-01-2011 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie (Post 875024)
ps she actually a romanian gypsy (pretty too may i add)

No you may not cos I don't think she is pretty

garinda 13-01-2011 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancashire Lassie (Post 875022)
Well they dont tend to use banks (unless their businesses are huge) as they dont really trust them plus as some have stated before some dont pay taxes. but what they dont pay in taxes probably covers the publics services they dont bother to use so not much impact or affect on us.

Sadly the vast majority of people in this country can't pick and choose if they are going to pay tax, or not.

There is a legal, and moral right, that we all pay taxes, which help fund the running costs of our country's society.

Whether or not someone has children, and takes advantage of the education system for example, doesn't give people the option of opting out of paying tax, because they aren't getting every possible benefit and/or service back.

Tax avoidance is against the law, and should always result in the law being used against those who seek to avoid paying it.

jaysay 13-01-2011 17:51

Quote:

Especially when you don't pay tax or national insurance;)

JCB 13-01-2011 18:05

I'd love to be a banker .

Then I could pay loads of tax , and then get benefits galore from our generous governments when we bankers mess things up .

jaysay 13-01-2011 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 875063)
I'd love to be a banker .

Then I could pay loads of tax , and then get benefits galore from our generous governments when we bankers mess things up .

Its a toss up gypsy or banker JCB;)

JCB 13-01-2011 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 875074)
Its a toss up gypsy or banker JCB;)

I'll opt for travelling banker . ;)

jaysay 13-01-2011 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 875085)
I'll opt for travelling banker . ;)

Ain't that where they start of anyway:D

DAV007 26-08-2013 04:50

dont make the mistake of classifying all 'travellers' as the same

the roman gypsys which will be free to come to the UK rom Jan 1st 2014 have a culture of crime.
As someone who spends time in London, the illegal criminal gangs working around the city are already causing mayhem.
I don't just mean the typical begging, shoplifting and street crime stuff.

Irish gypsys in my experience are hit and miss, some ok, some bad.
Roman gyspys are despised by the Irish gypsys, and cause nothing but trouble.

cashman 26-08-2013 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1072920)

the roman gypsys which will be free to come to the UK rom Jan 1st 2014 have a culture of crime.
As someone who spends time in London, the illegal criminal gangs working around the city are already causing mayhem.

Some irish travellers are ok thats a fact i'm well aware of, Problem lies the majority imho are not,so therefore all get a bad press, its called Human Nature.;)

jaysay 26-08-2013 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1072929)
Some irish travellers are ok thats a fact i'm well aware of, Problem lies the majority imho are not,so therefore all get a bad press, its called Human Nature.;)

When I was at school we had a lad called gypsy Joe who lived on the Green in Ossy, now Joe was a likeable rouge always in mischief. I lost touch after school, then out of the blue about 6 years ago I get a phone call out of the blue, from Joe, he came round to see me, hadn't changed a bit, could still recognise him after all that time, the big difference was in the guy himself. A few years earlier he was very seriously ill in hospital and he just said he'd found God, he's now a lay preacher.

westendlass 26-08-2013 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1072920)

They are also rife on the Paris Metro. My son's girlfriend caught one with his hand on my son's wallet on a crowded train. The Romanian gypsy soon disappeared in to the crowd. They're despised wherever they end up because of their 'profession'.

cashman 26-08-2013 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1072994)
They are also rife on the Paris Metro. My son's girlfriend caught one with his hand on my son's wallet on a crowded train. The Romanian gypsy soon disappeared in to the crowd. They're despised wherever they end up because of their 'profession'.

One of those thieving swine nicked me wallet on a crowded train from Malaga airport a few years ago, cost me a grand.:eek::mad:

westendlass 26-08-2013 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1072998)
One of those thieving swine nicked me wallet on a crowded train from Malaga airport a few years ago, cost me a grand.:eek::mad:

That's why they're rejected by society. Pariahs wherever they go. The flood gates are going to be opened soon to thousands more, why can't we be more like Australia in vetting who comes here? Surely it must be cheaper in the long run making sure the people who come here have something to offer rather than committing crimes that haemorrhage money from the tax payers. This country is turning in to the dustbin of the world.

jaysay 26-08-2013 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1073003)
That's why they're rejected by society. Pariahs wherever they go. The flood gates are going to be opened soon to thousands more, why can't we be more like Australia in vetting who comes here? Surely it must be cheaper in the long run making sure the people who come here have something to offer rather than committing crimes that haemorrhage money from the tax payers. This country is turning in to the dustbin of the world.

While we are still in the EU there is little we can do about it, another good reason to come out.:(