Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Woodnook mill. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/woodnook-mill-47397.html)

BERNADETTE 07-12-2009 22:40

Re: Woodnook mill.

Seems to me that if the road is closed "as it is", it stands to reason it isn't safe to walk in the area. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that when a road is closed that it could be dangerous to walk in the area:rolleyes:

cashman 07-12-2009 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 768322)
Seems to me that if the road is closed "as it is", it stands to reason it isn't safe to walk in the area. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that when a road is closed that it could be dangerous to walk in the area:rolleyes:

True though, when i popped round last week, was 2 divvys wi prams stood far too near in my opinion, whilst the demolition was going on.:rolleyes:

BERNADETTE 07-12-2009 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 768323)
True though, when i popped round last week, was 2 divvys wi prams stood far too near in my opinion, whilst the demolition was going on.:rolleyes:

But can we blame the demolition team? Sound very much to me like the parents who are quite happen to walk onto pelican crossings before the green man appears whilst pushing their prams before them, no sense:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 08-12-2009 06:32

While the work was being done there were two men with walkie talkies trying to dissuade people from using the closed off section of the road.......without too much success.
They told me that people were quite abusive when they were asked to find an alternative route to walk along.

This was my observation last Friday morning.

cashman 08-12-2009 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 768326)
But can we blame the demolition team? Sound very much to me like the parents who are quite happen to walk onto pelican crossings before the green man appears whilst pushing their prams before them, no sense:rolleyes:

I don't blame em at all, i blame the divvys fer being stupid.

Rob249 08-12-2009 14:53

On the subject of chimneys has anyone noticed the chimney on rhyddings mill been watchin this for a while now it seems to be leaning more and more.Plus theres a big crack all the way down the middle you can see this as your walking up from the war memorial, also a tree growing out from near top, it just looks unsafe to me.

Atarah 08-12-2009 22:16

Woodnook mill.

5 Attachment(s)
Hi, few more piccies from today. Have included one from earlier this year, just to remind us what the building looked like. Nice to see that the bricks are being re-cycled.

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2009 06:35

That first picture is lovely Atarah. That is how I will remember the place.

cashman 09-12-2009 11:24

anyone know roughly what time the big bang is?

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2009 11:48

Been up there late this morning and there was plenty of activity on the remains of the building(scaffolding being taken down etc).......but nothing going on around the base of the chimney....so I came home.
I have asked Ma to keep a bit of a watch so that if she sees any activity she will ring me and I will get myself over there with my cameras.

cashman 09-12-2009 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 768691)
Been up there late this morning and there was plenty of activity on the remains of the building(scaffolding being taken down etc).......but nothing going on around the base of the chimney....so I came home.
I have asked Ma to keep a bit of a watch so that if she sees any activity she will ring me and I will get myself over there with my cameras.

well pm me if ma rings ya please.:)

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2009 12:30

will do Cashy.

MargaretR 09-12-2009 12:52

I suppose it wil drop pretty rapid when they start the process - get your skates on :D

Margaret Pilkington 09-12-2009 13:17

It looked to be 'leaning' a bit this morning.
Have just phoned Ma and she says there is nothing doing....maybe it isn't going to be done today after all.:(

cashman 09-12-2009 13:40

ya never know, devious i know about.:D