Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Spire farm development (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/spire-farm-development-52087.html)

maxthecollie 10-01-2012 20:03

Re: Spire farm development

Where is the sentry post being built?

Neil 10-01-2012 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHFOY (Post 961147)
........ it will be open for the public only on foot,but I'm sorry to inform you that due to the requests of the council to return it to a past state,and the need to come through my front drive,that any animals including dogs are not permitted. May I also make you aware that without prior permission the taking of photographs of our home,stables and land is not permitted.

It is my understanding that you can not stop people walking on the public footpath with a dog as long as the dog is under close control. If you decided to build your drive on a public footpath you must have agreed people could walk on it.

As for taking photos you should check into that. You are permitted to take photos in a public place which a public footpath is.

yerself 11-01-2012 16:18

RHFOY's in this clip from 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet', played by Jimmy Nail. About 2mins 30secs in.

Auf Wiedersehen Pet - A law for the rich (2of5) - YouTube

Tealeaf 11-01-2012 17:20

Ignore Foy - he's just posting a load of old rubbish. Just walk where you want, with you want and do what you want as long as you're on the public footpath.

walkingwoman 12-01-2012 01:24

Have none of you got anything better to do than worry about what's going on at Spire Farm, it has jack all to do with any of you. You all need to grow up and get a life and show some respect!!! If it bothers you that much DON'T USE IT!!!!!
Small minds...............

Neil 12-01-2012 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingwoman (Post 961895)
Have none of you got anything better to do than worry about what's going on at Spire Farm, it has jack all to do with any of you. You all need to grow up and get a life and show some respect!!! If it bothers you that much DON'T USE IT!!!!!

Public footpaths are legal rights of way and a land owner cannot do what he wants with them. If he has built a driveway on a public footpath then that part of his drive is still a public right of way.

walkingwoman 12-01-2012 08:02

No one is saying it isnt.

cashman 12-01-2012 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingwoman (Post 961907)
No one is saying it isnt.

Mr Foy is saying dogs are not permitted.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 12-01-2012 10:03

Quote:

It isn't anything to do with having small minds, or for that matter what is going on at Spire Farm(in the social sense).
It is what is going on with a public right of way that is the issue.
If people want to exercise their right to walk on a Public Footpath, then that is their business....and if they cannot do so because someone has built a driveway or whatever over this public right of way then they have every right to take issue with whoever has done this.(only her second post too_

If we stop using public footpaths then they will no longer be designated as such and this would probably please the owner of Spire farm.
Use it or lose it.

I have just been ruminating on whether this poster Walkingwoman, has anything to do with spire farm....such is the tone of her post in this thread.

cashman 12-01-2012 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 961933)
It isn't anything to do with having small minds, or for that matter what is going on at Spire Farm(in the social sense).
It is what is going on with a public right of way that is the issue.
If people want to exercise their right to walk on a Public Footpath, then that is their business....and if they cannot do so because someone has built a driveway or whatever over this public right of way then they have every right to take issue with whoever has done this.(only her second post too_

If we stop using public footpaths then they will no longer be designated as such and this would probably please the owner of Spire farm.
Use it or lose it.

I have just been ruminating on whether this poster Walkingwoman, has anything to do with spire farm....such is the tone of her post in this thread.

I aint been ruminating i'm 90% sure.

Less 12-01-2012 11:06

Quote:

Let me give you a warm and pleasant welcome to the site, from your attitude I can see we will all benefit from your wisdom.

Quote:

Have none of you got anything better to do than worry about what's going on at Spire Farm,

Yes we have a great many things we could worry about than what is going on at Spire Farm, unfortunately we can't get on with those things because someone is beggering about with a public right of way, that person needs to be stopped for the sake of those that do want to use it.

Quote:

it has jack all to do with any of you.

It may have been more impressive in your opening post on here if you had shown yourself to be a little more polite, perhaps if you had said, 'it has nothing to do with you', you may have got your point across without sounding a touch ignorant?

Quote:

You all need to grow up and get a life and show some respect!!!

We are grown up enough to recognise a childish mind such as yours, to whom should we show respect? Someone that is trying to walk over everyone elses rights for their own selfish reasons? Now that would be silly.

Quote:

If it bothers you that much DON'T USE IT!!!!!

I think you are missing the point, people are bothered because someone is trying to stop them using it, that is the one that should consider showing respect not the rest of the world.

I look forward to your next set of rants which will no doubt follow shortly in more and more vehement forms.
Meanwhile do not feel you must restrict yourself to this thread, take a look around the site there must be alot more threads you can smear with you own individual form of homespun wisdom.

cashman 12-01-2012 11:19

In fairness Less,it was posted at 2-24 in the morning, probably a bit of Dutch Courage was needed?:rolleyes::DShe will probably return on October 31st.

Less 12-01-2012 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 961949)
In fairness Less,it was posted at 2-24 in the morning, probably a bit of Dutch Courage was needed?:rolleyes::DShe will probably return on October 31st.

I don't think fairness should come into it when dealing with idiots, treat em as they deserve.

cashman 12-01-2012 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 961951)
I don't think fairness should come into it when dealing with idiots, treat em as they deserve.

Yep yer quite correct, i just wish i wasn't so goodhearted,:D Think perhaps walkingwoman should consider purchasing this?How to Win Friends and Influence People - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :D

Margaret Pilkington 12-01-2012 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 961964)
Yep yer quite correct, i just wish i wasn't so goodhearted,:D Think perhaps walkingwoman should consider purchasing this?How to Win Friends and Influence People - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :D

She doesn't need it...she has her own way of doing it.
At least Christmas won't be too expensive for her!