Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Heritage and History (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/)
-   -   Update on Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f124/update-on-accrington-conservative-club-63278.html)

Accrington Lad 10-02-2013 13:32

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Its a wind up, found those pictures on a derelict building forum and stuck my username on them. I still love the con club but I have never been in. I do want to have a look though. Would be a good explore. Looks too dangerous though. But my opinions on the building are still the same - it should be saved but its unlikely. Thanks for taking part folks.

Now you post "i knew it"

steve2qec 10-02-2013 13:40

He's foxed us all..!!!

flashy 10-02-2013 13:45

maybe his mummy has told him to write that last comment so the nice policeman doesn't come and get him

DaveinGermany 10-02-2013 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1036738)
Jackanory Titles 1973. - YouTube

I've not really taken this thread or the starter seriously since it began & I don't see any more reason to now either. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1041465)
Its a wind up,

Now you post "i knew it"

Post 102 carried forward.

MargaretR 10-02-2013 15:45

The boy who cried 'wolf' came to a sticky end.

flashy 10-02-2013 16:21

tis Bee afterall

MargaretR 10-02-2013 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1041498)
tis Bee afterall

He aint no George Washington - just a Walter Mitty fantasist.

If I was his gran I would send him for therapy.

jaysay 10-02-2013 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1041504)
He aint no George Washington - just a Walter Mitty fantasist.

If I was his gran I would send him for therapy.

If you were his gran he wouldn't need therapy;)

flashy 10-02-2013 17:34

lol great comeback John

DtheP47 10-02-2013 19:43

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1040735)
I don't believe a word of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1040735)

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1040719)
i think the police need to be looking into this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1040720)
Me too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1040722)
breaking an entering perhaps

Don’t worry Susie 123; Lee George DMC’s Part 2 Certified Scaffolder has handed in the camera to Sergeant Heckerslike at Accrington Police Station. They have run a check on the serial number and it has been found to be part of a container consignment robbed off the Altham Industrial Estate just before Christmas along with another container of those new fangled Japanese Toilets, you know the ones with a heated seat and a spray to wash your, err, “bits” destined for the Lancashire Police HQ at Hutton. Currently the police have nothing to go on, however there are a number of greasy finger prints on the camera lense and Sergeant Willie is looking into it.

The area around the Con has been secured as a potential crime scene there are police marksmen positioned in the Library top floors, on the roof of Tesco and the Railway pub) Sergeant Willie accompanied by Policewoman Edna Kloo are going into the building to investigate matters further when my mates from the Bomb Squad and more SAS get here.

Meantime here’s a few more photos lifted off the Pentax’s SD card. One clearly shows the slippery little fellows escape route and another whilst I think is just an under exposed self portrait of our dusky pal. Hutton’s forensic team are trying to enhance the pic to more detail.
The current Mrs P thinks it something more sinister!! You women have a sixth sense for these things, what do you think?

I’ve managed to blag a Press Pass so I’ll report back later from the Police briefing scheduled later today when they are revealing the contents of the Tesco bag. It’s probably best I wander off thread for these new revelations.;)

MargaretR 10-02-2013 19:48

1 Attachment(s)
D the P - are you the little liar's daddy encouraging his fantasy existence?

DtheP47 10-02-2013 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1041536)

Geppetto ??? I am certainly not....;)

jaysay 11-02-2013 08:43

Quote:

Well he certainly isn't his Gran:rolleyes:

DtheP47 11-02-2013 09:13

Quote:

To quote the irrepressible Norm Peterson Margaret

" Once the trust goes out of a relationship, it's really no fun lying to them any more" ;)

MargaretR 11-02-2013 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1041600)
To quote the irrepressible Norm Peterson Margaret

" Once the trust goes out of a relationship, it's really no fun lying to them any more" ;)

“By a lie a man throws away and, as it were, annihilates his dignity as a man” - Immanuel Kant

jaysay 11-02-2013 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1041602)
“By a lie a man throws away and, as it were, annihilates his dignity as a man” - Immanuel Kant

Um thanks for that Margaret, no not the quote, but the Link:D

MargaretR 11-02-2013 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1041604)
Um thanks for that Margaret, no not the quote, but the Link:D

http://home.wlu.edu/~mahonj/mahonkantperfectdutylie.pdf

jaysay 11-02-2013 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1041607)

Not sure why you've put this link on Margaret, I always tell the truth:rolleyes:

DtheP47 11-02-2013 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1041602)
“By a lie a man throws away and, as it were, annihilates his dignity as a man”

Now Margaret you know I am on probation here on the AccyWeb for blaspheming so I really can't debate your chosen subject. Suffice to say I have always admired that mans anthropological work on "The Specific Utility" Which in a nutshell says some people can't do anything that couldn't be done better by something else.

DtheP47 11-02-2013 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1041614)
Now Margaret you know I am on probation here on the AccyWeb for blaspheming so I really can't debate your chosen subject. Suffice to say I have always admired that mans anthropological work on "The Specific Utility" Which in a nutshell says some people can't do anything that couldn't be done better by something else.

Loads of people have pm'd me asking for a simple explanation on Mr K's treatise I refer to so here goes Margaret.

Consider a cat... it's really useless at catching mice. A mousetrap is much better. :D

flashy 11-02-2013 18:36

Can this thread be deleted now? Its boring

steve2qec 11-02-2013 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1041672)

I disagree - you never know what could happen on a thread like this, I say leave it on...!!!

jaysay 11-02-2013 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve2qec (Post 1041676)
I disagree - you never know what could happen on a thread like this, I say leave it on...!!!

Me too Steve, if people don't want to contribute, ignore it, its easy really

lancsdave 11-02-2013 19:28

There's been a development today. Scaffolding has gone up on the outside of the building, I reckon Sambo is going to be bunjee jumping :)

Mick 12-02-2013 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1041672)

Not Deleted but it will be closed if it does not get back on thread and on topic

Restless 19-02-2013 16:13

Why go all that way making a site etc just for a huge joke.... oh well... the minds of teenagers

jaysay 19-02-2013 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1042858)
Why go all that way making a site etc just for a huge joke.... oh well... the minds of teenagers

He does seem to have exited stage left, maybe never to be seen again:rolleyes:

Accrington Lad 23-02-2013 09:18

Never to be seen again? I would never just bail on you like that John. ;)

jaysay 23-02-2013 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043447)
Never to be seen again? I would never just bail on you like that John. ;)

Go away BEE

odders 23-02-2013 11:48

I will just leave these here:

Report (Permission Visit) Accrington Conservative Club 2013

Accrington Conservative Club (Churchills Nightclub 2013) Photo Heavy! - Derelict Places

:enough:

"It CAN still be saved with some Love, Care, Dedication (and a £5million grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund)"

Lottery funding for what purpose?....

odders 23-02-2013 11:58

I envisage this placed torched to the ground this year, the facts are there to see. The owner hasn't touched the place for years, people have been living, smashing and dossing in there for at least 6 years.

So now you put pictures on the net, telling folk it was a place for you and your mates to doss, leave it a few weeks, because nobody could be bothered to come and now say it's a permission visit, and you and the owner have boarded up the place. Could HE not of done it years ago? Oh and why would you personally pay for cameras to be fitted to the building?

I personally think your boss wants this razed to the ground, he will be able to sell the facade, the only salvageable part of the building, whilst getting a pay out.

Is it not unhealthy trying to be 3 people, just one of you is enough.:eek:

Accrington Lad 24-02-2013 01:00

Some of u accy webbers are right miserable gits.
They have my username on them! :D

Even I have lost track now of what I need to say to keep the story making sense.
Hmm, that sentence didn't make much sense either.

Accrington Lad 24-02-2013 01:11

I havnt paid to fit any cameras, where do you get that from?
And the owner is actually a great guy and does care that people are going in, obviously he wants to make money out of the building but he doesnt want people going in there and hurting themselves. He is a very friendly man so keep your trap shut and don't get involved with things you know nothing about!

The only reason I made those other statements about bankruptcy was because the council fed those lies to me and tried to make the owner seem like a bad person when in actual face he is an extremely polite and kind person. He clearly does care about the building otherwise why would he take his own time on a Sunday to go all the way to Accrington to board up a derelict building because scuzzers and kids keep breaking in. Because he cares! He doesn't want to make the town of Accrington look more disgusting than it already is. And you really don't understand how much time, effort and planning it takes to do a project like this! I am not revealing anything about the project though.
The pictures on the websites you have listed were taken literally on the day I met the owner (about half an hour before as the building was unlocked and I have always adored it so wanted to see what it was like!!)
Now please ask no more questions about the Conservative Club as I will not reveal any more.

I would prefer to talk about the Church across the road which is currently being refurbished by Y&Y developments!

Have a pleasant day.

jaysay 24-02-2013 08:11

Quote:

Now please ask no more questions about the Conservative Club as I will not reveal any more.

Thank god for that

BERNADETTE 25-02-2013 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043614)
I havnt paid to fit any cameras, where do you get that from?
And the owner is actually a great guy and does care that people are going in, obviously he wants to make money out of the building but he doesnt want people going in there and hurting themselves. He is a very friendly man so keep your trap shut and don't get involved with things you know nothing about!

The only reason I made those other statements about bankruptcy was because the council fed those lies to me and tried to make the owner seem like a bad person when in actual face he is an extremely polite and kind person. He clearly does care about the building otherwise why would he take his own time on a Sunday to go all the way to Accrington to board up a derelict building because scuzzers and kids keep breaking in. Because he cares! He doesn't want to make the town of Accrington look more disgusting than it already is. And you really don't understand how much time, effort and planning it takes to do a project like this! I am not revealing anything about the project though.
The pictures on the websites you have listed were taken literally on the day I met the owner (about half an hour before as the building was unlocked and I have always adored it so wanted to see what it was like!!)

I would prefer to talk about the Church across the road which is currently being refurbished by Y&Y developments!

Have a pleasant day.

Well the owner (if it is still owned by the same person and somehow I can't see it having been sold on) hasn't made any effort in the last eight years or so try and make it any less of a blot on the landscape of the wonderful sight that is Hyndburn. It is a disgrace that listed buildings ie the con club and cannon street church are allowed to fall into such a state of disrepair but just shows me that neither the owners nor the council actually give a monkies about coserving the heritage of the borough. You have a lot to learn but seems the owner of the con club is now trying to deflect your interest to the baptist church, to stop you asking questions about his derelict property:mad::mad:

Neil 25-02-2013 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 1043755)
Well the owner (if it is still owned by the same person and somehow I can't see it having been sold on) hasn't made any effort in the last eight years or so try and make it any less of a blot on the landscape of the wonderful sight that is Hyndburn. It is a disgrace that listed buildings ie the con club and cannon street church are allowed to fall into such a state of disrepair but just shows me that neither the owners nor the council actually give a monkies about coserving the heritage of the borough. You have a lot to learn but seems the owner of the con club is now trying to deflect your interest to the baptist church, to stop you asking questions about his derelict property:mad::mad:

It is not the Local Authority that decides to list buildings and therefore limit what you can do to them. English Heritage decide if a building should be placed on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. They don't unfortunately have any money to help out with the restoration or conversion of such buildings into useful buildings that suit current times so we often end up with listed derelict buildings that no can can afford to use.

lancsdave 25-02-2013 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1041732)
Not Deleted but it will be closed if it does not get back on thread and on topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043614)

:)

Accrington Lad 25-02-2013 13:37

Building preservation trusts like Save Britains Heritage do a great job of saving historic buildings. I think the main one in Lancashire would be Heritage Trust for the north west. These trusts can get grants of up to £5 million to restore a building apparently! :O
Heritage Trust for the North West: Home
Pick a programme - Heritage Lottery Fund

Gordon Booth 25-02-2013 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043829)
Building preservation trusts like Save Britains Heritage do a great job of saving historic buildings. I think the main one in Lancashire would be Heritage Trust for the north west. These trusts can get grants of up to £5 million to restore a building apparently! :O
Heritage Trust for the North West: Home
Pick a programme - Heritage Lottery Fund

So?

BERNADETTE 25-02-2013 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1043797)
It is not the Local Authority that decides to list buildings and therefore limit what you can do to them. English Heritage decide if a building should be placed on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. They don't unfortunately have any money to help out with the restoration or conversion of such buildings into useful buildings that suit current times so we often end up with listed derelict buildings that no can can afford to use.

Yes I know all that Neil but it is the councils responsibility to keep their eye on properties and ensure the owners make some effort to maintain the buildings before they get as bad as this one. Seems to me that the owner has made absolutely no effort with the con club

jaysay 25-02-2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1043797)

That's been my beef with this for many years Neil, its okay English Heritage saying these buildings should be saved for posterity, but to do so costs money, councils certainly don't have the cash and this day and age neither do people who own them. The frontage to Rhyddings Mill Ossy should have been demolished years ago, but its a listed building, maybe if somebody gets killed, there might be a change of heart

Restless 13-03-2013 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1043613)
Some of u accy webbers are right miserable gits.
They have my username on them! :D

A bit of MSPaint and they would have my username on - no hard work needed

odders 09-04-2013 20:20

I see ewoods signature has came true, again.:D

Hyndburn landmark does not need saving(From Lancashire Telegraph)

And for those not on facebook, here is a quote from 3 hours ago,from the page, also he has deleted his website.:rolleyes:

Quote:

"Plans for 19 Cannon Street (Former Conservative Club / Churchills nightclub)
The plans are as follows.
The rear of the building will be demolished including the Majestic Ballroom.
The only part that will remain is the L shaped ornate frontage of the building you see in my profile picture.
A new 6 story steel structure will be put into place consisting of 50-60 modern 2 bed apartments (approx £600p/m).
The building will also feature a rooftop cafe, a basement restaurant and an elevator (lift) going up the rear of the building on paradise street.
The owner is very keen to start this work and it is estimated to cost around £6million.
Please do not contact the owner as he is too busy and there is no room for negotiation as the building has been surveyed and demolition has been thought as the only option.
Please do not contact the council or owner about this.
Thanks."

cashman 09-04-2013 20:55

Not that sure about that odders?:confused: Wonder about any donations though?:D

BERNADETTE 09-04-2013 22:47

Those have been the plans for years but whether it ever happens is anybodies guess

jaysay 10-04-2013 08:39

Well it wants doing quickly and get rid of the deathtrap

cashman 10-04-2013 08:54

Ewoodsambo aint been here fer oer 1 month, Perhaps on hols wi the donations?:D who knows. P.S. if this has been the case the poll was wrong, he aint a nutcase. pmsl.

DtheP47 10-04-2013 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1052188)
Ewoodsambo aint been here fer oer 1 month, Perhaps on hols wi the donations?:D who knows. P.S. if this has been the case the poll was wrong, he aint a nutcase. pmsl.

Me and my exmate Mog reckon Urban Caveman is the wily little shaver reincarnated Mr c ;)

cashman 10-04-2013 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1052204)
Me and my exmate Mog reckon Urban Caveman is the wily little shaver reincarnated Mr c ;)

If its the same web address the mods will have him, if thats the case.:D Seems odd though urban caveman don't seem as stupid.:confused:

jaysay 10-04-2013 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1052206)
If its the same web address the mods will have him, if thats the case.:D Seems odd though urban caveman don't seem as stupid.:confused:

Ya great disguise ain't it cashy :D

Less 10-04-2013 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1052212)
Ya great disguise ain't it cashy :D

Ewoodidiot was the pits.
Cavemandoodah just visits them.
:D

Accrington Lad 10-04-2013 10:55

None of this is true. I have not been petitioning nor have I asked for donations.
The only donations I asked for were donations of flowers and plant pots to make the building look nicer.
I've been posting the plans on facebook for quite some time now and it was other people who didn't seem too happy about those plans, not myself.
Anything about donations to save the roof was a misunderstanding and I was just trying to get people to look at my website which said absolutely NOTHING about donating to save Churchills but in fact donating to keep the website up and running.
I can officially say since I have met the owner that I stand by his plans to demolish the building and wish him luck with it.

BERNADETTE 10-04-2013 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1052225)
None of this is true. I have not been petitioning nor have I asked for donations.
The only donations I asked for were donations of flowers and plant pots to make the building look nicer.
I've been posting the plans on facebook for quite some time now and it was other people who didn't seem too happy about those plans, not myself.
Anything about donations to save the roof was a misunderstanding and I was just trying to get people to look at my website which said absolutely NOTHING about donating to save Churchills but in fact donating to keep the website up and running.
I can officially say since I have met the owner that I stand by his plans to demolish the building and wish him luck with it.

The plans have been in place for at least the past six years at the very least, why has nothing happened in the meantime?

Accrington Lad 10-04-2013 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 1052236)
The plans have been in place for at least the past six years at the very least, why has nothing happened in the meantime?

The plans for Apartments, basement restaurant and rooftop cafe are very recent.
The plans before that were a glass atrium with offices, a gym and a basement restaurant.
The owner is a very busy man, it takes a lot of planning for a project like this.

Less 10-04-2013 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1052238)
The plans before that were a glass atrium with offices, a gym and a basement restaurant.
The owner is a very busy man, it takes a lot of planning for a project like this.

Who poked you with a stick and woke you up?

cashman 10-04-2013 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1052244)
Who poked you with a stick and woke you up?

very interesting question Less,Perhaps DtheP n Mog have got summat yon?:D

BERNADETTE 10-04-2013 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1052238)

Try telling that to people living nearby whilst the building is left to go to wrack and ruin. The plans could have been changed ages ago if that was the owners intention. I will believe there is any serious intent to carry improvements out when I see it.

cashman 10-04-2013 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1052254)
very interesting question Less,Perhaps DtheP n Mog have got summat yon?:D

Have come to conclusion if they aint the same they are mates.

DtheP47 10-04-2013 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1052286)

You need to catch-up matey ;)

That feller in Germany with the hairy toes and Restless picked up on it yonks ago too ;)

odders 10-04-2013 15:47

Quote:

I believe what the owner states, before I believe you.

Quote:

And owner Iftikharul Bhatti said he had not given permission for anyone to fundraise and had no knowledge of the campaign.
He said: “Quite simply none of it is true.
Quote:

And again, he said,

Quote:

"The plans haven’t changed at all.”
Just stop telling lies.

odders 10-04-2013 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1052289)
You need to catch-up matey ;)

That feller in Germany with the hairy toes and Restless picked up on it yonks ago too ;)

So easy to spot, the wannabe urban explorers united.
My guess is he was at school doing a project on Accy, googled, found pictures of the con club on various ue forums. Got a fix because it looked cool, at this time he also saw pictures of the church over road:p, a bit more google, and it had been tried in 2008 or so to save it, when people originally gained access and first started posting pics on the ue forums. And so he set himself on a mission to better what they failed at. Hence the troll fest on this thread.

Did he know something we didn't? Is the LT so slow it takes a month to publish a story;).

After another google session he came up with underground Accy pictures, hence another troll fest.

And the bile continues.

DtheP47 10-04-2013 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 1052299)

And the bile continues.

No bile from me Mr o
Mild opprobrium and gentle ridicule ...oh Yes

The idiom "Like shooting fish in a barrel" as used by my old mate Walter springs to mind. ;)

Less 10-04-2013 17:10

Quote:

And the bile continues.

Who's bile?
Yours?

He's an innocent child trying to punch above his weight, he has been tolerated extremely well so far despite his ridiculous posts.
Probably he may grow up on here, give him 5 years lets see how he changes his way of posting.
:o

jaysay 10-04-2013 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1052286)

Well its nice to see like minded people getting on Cashy:yumyum::D

jaysay 10-04-2013 17:14

Quote:

So easy to spot, the wannabe urban explorers united.
My guess is he was at school doing a project on Accy, googled, found pictures of the con club on various ue forums. Got a fix because it looked cool, at this time he also saw pictures of the church over road:p, a bit more google, and it had been tried in 2008 or so to save it, when people originally gained access and first started posting pics on the ue forums. And so he set himself on a mission to better what they failed at. Hence the troll fest on this thread.

Did he know something we didn't? Is the LT so slow it takes a month to publish a story;).

After another google session he came up with underground Accy pictures, hence another troll fest.

And the bile continues.

Think you've got that spot on Odders only not too much bile:rolleyes:

Accrington Lad 10-04-2013 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 1052291)
I believe what the owner states, before I believe you.

And again, he said,

Just stop telling lies.

The plans for apartments haven't changed at all, that is correct.
This man is pumping £6m into Accrington, show him a bit of gratefulness!

cashman 10-04-2013 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1052316)

You stop telling porkies, yer signature is a joke.:rolleyes:

jaysay 10-04-2013 17:47

Quote:

One so young one so foolish, he's not pumping £6m into Accy out of the goodness of his heart, and you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be his money, business men don't use their own money they borrow it. At the end of the day we have nothing to be grateful far, unless he's going to pop in the railway and buy a round out of his profits, which is the one and only reason for investing money to make more money:rolleyes:

jaysay 10-04-2013 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1052319)
You stop telling porkies, yer signature is a joke.:rolleyes:

And its not really funny either Cashy;)

Less 10-04-2013 18:05

Quote:

Grateful???

My God!

That's like asking GEaston to buy property around here and expect no return, I'll be grateful when either of them show they are doing it for the town and not themselves.
However unlike you I don't expect them to do it with no return, good luck with your projects guys, just don't expect anymore praise than you deserve!

DtheP47 16-04-2013 10:38

And it rumbles on....
Todays Evening Telegraph says " The owner of a crumbling town center landmark has been ordered to make the building safe.
Also:
Hyndburn BC had to put the scaffolding up to make the building safe and have now issued legal notices to the buildings owners Woodgreen Developments to repay those costs.

cashman 16-04-2013 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1053505)
And it rumbles on....
Todays Evening Telegraph says " The owner of a crumbling town center landmark has been ordered to make the building safe.
Also:
Hyndburn BC had to put the scaffolding up to make the building safe and have now issued legal notices to the buildings owners Woodgreen Developments to repay those costs.

This should be interesting, reckon they will get sod all of em.:eek:

Less 16-04-2013 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1053519)
This should be interesting, reckon they will get sod all of em.:eek:

Surely you're wrong?

What about Ewood's charity donations?

They must be stashed in some safe bank account ready for just this kind of scenario?
:rolleyes:

Mog 16-04-2013 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1052204)

D, I dont know what you mean ex mate. I thought we were all mates on Accywebb. Just because we have a little misunderstanding, doesn,t mean we fall out. Unless your real name is Ewoodsambo or UrbanCaveman. Sorry Mates, been away for a while with a lady friend to Devon. Just got back and find old or young Ewood is still full of it.

DtheP47 16-04-2013 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mog (Post 1053541)
D, . Sorry Mates, been away for a while with a lady friend to Devon. Just got back and find old or young Ewood is still full of it.

Well wipe that clotted cream off your face and climb back on board matey :)

jaysay 16-04-2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1053546)
Well wipe that clotted cream off your face and climb back on board matey :)

I should think so, we're all mates on here, aren't we:confused::rolleyes:

cashman 16-04-2013 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1053558)
I should think so, we're all mates on here, aren't we:confused::rolleyes:

What goes on here,should stay on here, unless yer a complete tosspot. imho.

Accrington Lad 18-04-2013 15:29

"£6m luxury homes plan will 'revive' historic part of town."
Accrington Observer.

Restless 18-04-2013 15:36

After a pint and pie - everything be fine :D

MargaretR 18-04-2013 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 (Post 1053889)
"£6m luxury homes plan will 'revive' historic part of town."
Accrington Observer.

We already have 'luxury flats' at Waterside(Ormerod St) and Gladstone House (Eagle St).

They are for rent because no-one wants (or cannot afford) to buy.

They are frequently offered to let - seems no-one stays there for long.

cashman 18-04-2013 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1053894)
We already have 'luxury flats' at Waterside(Ormerod St) and Gladstone House (Eagle St).

Those previous ones yeh mentioned certainly aint revived much.:rolleyes: See all the clowns aint in the circus.:D

Less 18-04-2013 16:37

Quote:

Some of them are one bedroom, I live in a two bedroom property, will I be able to move there and pay no extra rent?

jaysay 18-04-2013 17:09

Who's added the poll

Restless 18-04-2013 17:37

been there a whille....

DaveinGermany 18-04-2013 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1053921)
Who's added the poll

Are we talking about the plumbers/lekkys/scrubbers or the thing at the top of the Page here ?

If it's the top of the page thingy, it's been there yonks mate & you need to get some new gegs ! :D

MargaretR 18-04-2013 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1053913)
Some of them are one bedroom, I live in a two bedroom property, will I be able to move there and pay no extra rent?

Maybe - why don't you make enquiries.
A one bedroom, number 8, first floor, was advertised a week ago.

PS just looked on Rightmove - #8 looks let but there are 6 other 1 beds offered in Waterside

jaysay 18-04-2013 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1053939)
Are we talking about the plumbers/lekkys/scrubbers or the thing at the top of the Page here ?

If it's the top of the page thingy, it's been there yonks mate & you need to get some new gegs ! :D

Never see the first page usually Dave, I always it the first unread post button so I miss it altogether :cool:

Accrington Lad 18-04-2013 19:28

Quote:

Lar de dars aint no luxry flats! Thats where they put the kids with issues. Theres and ambulance there every day just like there is right now. (Im in tesco.) The police van is there too.

MargaretR 18-04-2013 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1053947)
Maybe - why don't you make enquiries.
A one bedroom, number 8, first floor, was advertised a week ago.

PS just looked on Rightmove - #8 looks let but there are 6 other 1 beds offered in Waterside

PPS I've just noticed the small print -
"Strictly No housing benefit, Pets or Smokers.(all the flats advertised)

Mick 19-04-2013 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1054006)

So Less will be ok they except drunks:thepint:

jaysay 19-04-2013 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1054030)
So Less will be ok they except drunks:thepint:

I'd have at least put the wall in after that post Mick:hidewall::D:D

Neil 19-04-2013 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1054006)

This is one of them at £450 pcm

1 bedroom apartment to rent in Apartment 44 Waterside, St James Court, Accrington, BB5

How will they know if your on housing benefit when it is paid directly to the tenant?

jaysay 19-04-2013 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1054050)
This is one of them at £450 pcm

1 bedroom apartment to rent in Apartment 44 Waterside, St James Court, Accrington, BB5

How will they know if your on housing benefit when it is paid directly to the tenant?

Well if I were renting it out I'd want to know if they could afford the rent and ask for proof.

MargaretR 19-04-2013 08:22

There is no central heating in these flats - they have no gas supply and have wall mounted electric convectors.

This may put off some people - not me (who has an allergic reaction to natural gas),

I went so far as to make enquiries about access for grocery deliveries and the email response was -

"Mary Biscomb <[email protected]>

8/6/12

to me
Good morning Margaret

For reasons of security it is correct that access through these gates is by means of a security fob only. However as we have a Maintenance Manager on site Monday / Friday, any deliveries can still be dropped off either via the front entrance or alternatively between the hours of 9.00am to 2.00pm at the back when he is available to allow vehicle access.

Regards
Mary Biscomb
Property Manager"

If you want a parking space you have to pay extra for it in the back gated area.

When I saw the 'no smokers', I asked the estate agent about it, and was told that the rule may well be 'waived' for those flats with balconies, if you undertake to smoke only there.

jaysay 19-04-2013 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1054060)
There is no central heating in these flats - they have no gas supply and have wall mounted electric convectors.

This may put off some people - not me (who has an allergic reaction to natural gas),

I went so far as to make enquiries about access for grocery deliveries and the email response was -

8/6/12

to me
Good morning Margaret

For reasons of security it is correct that access through these gates is by means of a security fob only. However as we have a Maintenance Manager on site Monday / Friday, any deliveries can still be dropped off either via the front entrance or alternatively between the hours of 9.00am to 2.00pm at the back when he is available to allow vehicle access.

If you want a parking space you have to pay extra for it in the back gated area.

When I saw the 'no smokers', I asked the estate agent about it, and was told that the rule may well be 'waived' for those flats with balconies, if you undertake to smoke only there.

Looking at that Margaret its no wonder they're still empty;)

Mick 19-04-2013 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1054047)
I'd have at least put the wall in after that post Mick:hidewall::D:D

No need Jaysay I will just buy him another pint:D

Less 19-04-2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1054154)

I'd take exception to your assuming that you can bribe me into accepting a pint to cover your misdemeners except you know I'll accept it without hesitation.
Meanwhile can I get back on track with idiot-ewood, he is in granny, eggs and sucking demonstration mode.

Restless 19-04-2013 15:51

£450 pcm to have someone above and below you.... NO THANKS!

jaysay 19-04-2013 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1054154)

Forgot that its easy to please Less :DA pint works wonders:)

DtheP47 20-04-2013 17:04

In't t'Observer this week Iftakharul Bhatti managing director of Woodgreen Developments talks of his exciting plans that will be put before the Council in the next six to twelve months.

"Where have I heard that before?"