Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 09:26   #76
Beacon of light

Re: Fraser Eagle

On a very recent coach trip with another firm......I overheard the Drivers talking and apparently Alfa are buying up three hotels to add to their empire.......and that Shearings are struggling and have a time limit, by which, if business doesn't improve they will throw in the towel too
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2009, 09:40   #77
Senior Member+

dont pay too much attention to what drivers say - most of it is idle gossip
all the tour companies are struggling at the moment fighting for fewer and fewer passengers. But this doesnt stop them

Shearings' £5m profit hit by sterling's fall - Travel Trade Gazette

Shearings unveils a brand new look - Group Travel Organiser - Group Travel News, Articles, and Events
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:44   #78
Beacon of light

Well, ma and i travel on these trips quite a bit and we have been on those coach trips where there have only been 14 folk on board....so we know that they must be running at a loss.

The high cost of fuel during last year must have been crippling for the companies too.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:34   #79
Senior Member+

Deary deary me. Make yourself a brew and just read the comments section.

Fraser Eagle to appoint administrator (From Lancashire Telegraph)

click on this link, it does work!
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:56   #80
God Member

Those comments on the Telegraph website echo the rumours that have been doing the rounds - well worth the long read - shame that ordinary workers suffer whilst the eagle feathers its own nest

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:03   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Those comments on the Telegraph website echo the rumours that have been doing the rounds - well worth the long read - shame that ordinary workers suffer whilst the eagle feathers its own nest
agree lets hope they get a result.
Old 10-03-2009, 20:42   #82
Senior Member+

The staff got the BAD news today

R.I.P. Fraser Eagle 10th March 2009
Old 14-03-2009, 12:11   #83

Those of us who work in the travel industry all know things aren't good, the tragic demise of Fraser Eagle was indeed a very sad day for the trade. I personally know a family who have been directly affected by the collapse of FE, and my thoughts are with them, and everyone else who has lost their job as a result of the collapse.

Last edited by Macca35; 14-03-2009 at 12:16.
Macca35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 22:10   #84
Senior Member+

Fraser Eagle

What a sad, sad sight. It should be buzzing, not lying empty! Poor Fraser Eagle, such a good place to work for. Am really missing the place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg march27 018.jpg (259.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 27-03-2009, 22:14   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

heard a whisper they are starting again wi coaches under a new guise,? may be just crap, but if true won't do any good fer most of the poor sods that lost their jobs.
Old 27-03-2009, 22:28   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
heard a whisper they are starting again wi coaches under a new guise,? may be just crap, but if true won't do any good fer most of the poor sods that lost their jobs.
Was reported in the telgraph. Scandalous is about the politest word I can think of
Fraser Eagle boss has a new firm (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 27-03-2009, 22:31   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Was reported in the telgraph. Scandalous is about the politest word I can think of
funny how the rules always help the money people n do sod all fer the poor sods left in the crap.
Old 28-03-2009, 10:17   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I've always though that was a load of crap, people being able to start a new business, whilst the company they once owned owes creditors oodles of cash, but I suppose that's why they open limited companies. I don't know what it costs now, but in the early 80s you could buy a shelf company for around £250
Old 28-03-2009, 16:53   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've always though that was a load of crap, people being able to start a new business, whilst the company they once owned owes creditors oodles of cash, but I suppose that's why they open limited companies. I don't know what it costs now, but in the early 80s you could buy a shelf company for around £250
The term used in business for this type of scam is that of a 'phoenix' company. I suppose this is the first time the eagle has risen from the ashes.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 18:39   #90

Apart from the employees who lost their jobs, and all the suppliers/creditors who have been caught up in this, it's that this Connect Point 'phoenix' company are trying to take over the FE assets, contracts and order book whilst trying to hoodwink the same suppliers into working for them - without acknowledging they are still a Fraser Eagle business.

As if it's not bad enough that the administrators have seemingly let the FE coaches be 'appropriated' by another company, they're letting whatever saleable assets they do have slip by from under their noses.

Shocking.
gigglemal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recession

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..