Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Heritage and History
Donate! Join Today

Heritage and History A place to discuss the history of our local area.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 19:07   #1

Photo Quiz-003

Apart from the general location, identify as much as possible. ie: To which firms or factories do the chimneys belong. And what about the building in the foreground ?

Ackers will flow to the winner in one weeks time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Church Area-1970.jpg (78.1 KB, 81 views)
THOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2005, 09:30   #2

Re: Photo Quiz-003

Thanks to the generosity of Acrylic-Bob I can offer 10,000 Ackers for this one, and the same for the name of the building being demolished.
Old 13-03-2005, 20:54   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I guess it is what was the lower antley lodge which means one of the chimneys could be Blythes chemicals, possible another is where Joesph Arnolds is now, the building being demolished in the foreground is perhaps the old Star Works. The streets along side of the lodge where Water St., James St., Ainsworth St., Wade St in the alletroyds area of Church.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 21:37   #4
Accy Red

Am I close Troth, just a reminder in case you've forgotten this quiz.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 16-03-2005, 09:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Am I close Troth, just a reminder in case you've forgotten this quiz.
I can assure you I had not overlooked it. I did say in the original posting that Ackers would flow in one weeks time. That would be tomorrow.

However, as you seem to be the only one offering a solution, and an excellent one it is, I will send you the Ackers now.

Just a comment -- the building in the right foreground is still in use.

And I just hope the plug is firmly in place or the people in Spinner`s Court will be in for a surprise. Correct me if I have got the wrong estate name as there is another similar name of the estate off by the demolished Rists factory.
Old 16-03-2005, 21:54   #6
Accy Red

Thank you very Troth.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..